How many wins will we have next year. (Poll)

dayman

How many wins will be have next year?  

227 members have voted

1. 1. '13-'14 Wins

• 0-3
    • 4-6
    • 7=9
    • 10-12
    • 13+

I voted 10-12 wins...here's my reasoning.

Last years team = 6 wins.

This team is a more talented group with better coaching in my opinion than it was last year.

1. Better coaching alone and the better use of Spiller and finally a good DC to me equals 2-3 more wins.

2. QB - Can't see it being worse than last year. So I think this will range from a push to better, maybe even a lot better. I will add a +1 win here.

3. More explosiveness on both sides of the ball. The offense should be more dangerous and so should the D. +1 win even with so much youth.

4. Division is in turmoil. While NE isn't dead, they are sure up against it and banking hard on 2 guys who are never healthy to help carry that O...Gronk and Amendola. Mia has still got an unproven commodity at QB and a so so D, and the Jets are a mess. If there was ever a time this team can go 4-2 or better in our own division its now. And I think we can win this division this year...still Pats to lose, but they are depending a lot on two key injury prone players.

5. Schedule has lots of winnable games.

So, assuming the above points hold true, I can't see any reason why this team that won 6 games with an awful coaching staff and lame QB can't improve 4+ wins which would put us over 10.

It certainly can be much worse than last year. The Bills basically don't have a starting QB at thi spoint.

New England may win 10-12 games. The Bills, 6?

:doh:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok ... it is the Fourth of July and really slow times over at One Bills Drive because this poll's presence just proves how hungry we are to talk about our team.

Frankly, until the pads come on, the hitting starts, and the preseason games begin we have absolutely nothing to base the new Bills' future on. We cannot count on the carry-over players all starting or playing the same type of game as they did last year (Well, at least we know that our defense will be playing aggressively and creatively rather than sitting back waiting for the 1990's to return so just with that fact alone they will be better.). Both the Patriots and Jets appear worse than last year as of today but will that be true when September rolls around?

EJ or Kolb? An offense that flies up and down the field? A coach who lets our kicker kick from 50 yards out?

I tend to be the eternal optimist and my glass (Including my Buffalo Bills' mug) is always more than half full but last year I went name by name over our defensive roster and was like WOW no one will want to face this team. As we all know, the D sucked so badly that their play prevented our offense that was truly a little better than average from getting enough time to win games or they just collapsed after the offense put us in a position to win.

So ... 2013. The number of wins. For the first time in many years I am pretty sure we will win four of our divisional games and am really leaning towards a sweep of the Jets and the Dolphins so that would be five wins. If we start the season healthy and have a big at home win over the Patriots, which is very doable, then the Panthers come to town and lose to the Bills. I think we can beat the Ohio tandem so let me see ... that makes eight wins. Put the Buccaneers, Jaguars, and Chiefs into a mix and I think the Bills can come out of those three games (Again, that staying healthy matters and it appears that our weight/training crew is the most like Rusty Jones' group since Rusty went to the Windy City so we should be stronger and healthier.) with two wins and that gives us 10 wins for the season. Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and New Orleans are games that I cannot see us winning so there are three losses. Add in the two divisional games and the one loss to the group of Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, and Kansas City and there are our six losses.

Therefore my prediction is a 10 and 6 season predicated on winning opening day against that Patriots in impressive style and staying healthy.

The concept of a team that keeps moving with the aggressive defense we keep hearing about blended with Hackett's desire to put as many points on the board as possible will help us forget the era of keeping the score low and bending a bit on defense just don't break.

We shall see!

GO BILLS!

We have a completely new coaching staff and new QBs. How anyone sees more than 5 wins this season I'll never know.

Because the Kool-aide is an extremely powerful hallucinogenic and many fans here are long term addicts who refuse treatment!

Don't try to put us down or lift us up, control your mind, and vote what you really think. Pretend you put your mortgage on the line.

I wont say how many because I really don't know what to expect.

But I will say this, this team had bad coaching last year on both sides of the ball. If this coaching staff Marrone put together is better than last years ( we shall see) we can better last year record.

Because the Kool-aide is an extremely powerful hallucinogenic and many fans here are long term addicts who refuse treatment!

They serve KoolAid with extra sugar and lots of Ice at OBD.

Kinda tasty before the season, kinda weak at the end these last 10 years lol

I went 7-9 wins. I think the D will actually show up this year. I look for Dareus to have a rebound year, and Mario to have a 12+ sack year.

I think the offense will also improve under this new staff. Gailey trying to be head coach and o/c was just silly. The entire team suffered because of Gailey spending to much time on O scheming and not enough time on building a team.

8 to 9 wins and 2014 playoffs.

Way to many unknowns about this team. I am predicting about three wins this year. We probably will have a bunch of rookies starting this year. You never know what you will get when you start a rookie.

My Mamma always said " It's like a box of choclates "

ha

Actually i think marrone will know exactly what he will be getting from his rooks.

But i for sure I must agree about growing pains, and then expect to finish strong.

It was right around this time last year that Dave Wannstedt was a defensive genius.

He was ? Well then his intelligience sure dropped off hard when the pads went on

5-10-1

I feel a REAL doozy comin' on for the Browns game. Plus Doug Marrone will pull a Donovan McNabb (ahem with the initials) and forget about the 1 overtime tie rule. Why you ask? Because both were affiliated with Syracuse U along with Brown's great Jim Brown, which coincidentally both have (or used to anyway) plain orange helmets. Jim Brown is still peeved about our raining on his 'day of honor' last year AND this is like the first time ever that the teams will be playing back-to-back in Cleveland. Kinda creepy. Speaking of creepy, it's being played in October, the first full month of fall, to which I associate the colors brown and orange (bare ground and pumpkins).

Oh and yeah, McNabb's game was also played in the state of Ohio. Against another team in orange.

And ours is a night game.

Televised nationally. 10-10 for the only tie in the league this year.

It's a marvelous night for a moondance. Witch team will win? Nevermore. (I shouldn't play the spooky Ravens connection to the franchise, right?)

Scared yet?

I'm at 8 - 8 the combination of Chan/DaveW/Fitz cost this team the season, and they're gone...the Coaches appear better...the receivers appear better...the qb's are different...between addition by subtraction and adding new blood this team should be a couple of games better than last years...

I went with 4-6 (since my mortgage was on the line) but I really think it'll be right around 6 or maybe 7 wins this year. The D should be better--especially at stopping the run--but they'll take awhile to come together as a unit with a new scheme so I don't expect we'll see improvement until Games 5 or 6. The offense all depends on who the QB will be. If it's Kolb I think we get Fitz 2.0, and if it's EJ he'll have to learn to read defenses and that will take awhile. Several posters have said "I'll believe it when I see it," and I agree especially when it comes to improved coaching from former college guys. All in all I think we get 6-7 wins but will build a solid foundation for 2014 and beyond.......

I'm right there with you. 6 - 7 wins seems like about the right number to me. I voted for 6 wins, because that seemed slightly more likely than seven. My logic was this:

QB: I see Kolb as a slight downgrade from Fitz. I do not believe Manuel should or will play as a rookie.

OL: Last year's OL was devastated by injuries. If this year's OL can stay healthy, that will allow this year's OL to outproduce last year's. On the other hand, the loss of Levitre hurts.

WR: Receivers typically don't produce much as rookies; and the list of accomplished veteran WRs starts and ends with Stevie Johnson. I don't expect huge improvement in this area--at least not in 2013.

TE: I expect us to remain roughly unchanged.

Offensive coaching: Gailey's offensive philosophy seemed to mesh well with Fitz; allowing him to overachieve. I don't think we're likely to see that same kind of synergy again this season.

DL: I expect Dareus to improve. Kyle Williams may also improve, now that he's had bone spurs removed.

LBs: Even though I'm not necessarily expecting great things from this year's LB corps, it almost has to be an improvement over last year's.

DBs: Last year's defensive secondary was a serious problem. I expect this year's defensive secondary to perform at about the same level. The one exception is Gilmore; who is likely to learn from his rookie mistakes.

Defensive coaching: anything would be better than the train wreck we witnessed last season. I expect us to see a huge upgrade, especially over the long run. But I don't expect much for the first 5 - 8 games of the season, because players will still be getting used to the new defense.

Overall, I expect the offense to take a step backwards from what we had last year; mostly due to the loss of the Gailey/Fitz synergy; but also due to players getting used to the new offense. I expect the defense to take a step forward. I anticipate these things to balance out; giving us about the same record we had last year.

I would love to bet any amount of money placed by any number of posters against a 10 win season.

Seriously, none of you would honestly put money on the Bills getting 10 wins. If you would, then you know the old saying about "a fool and his money..."

5 wins sounds about right.

Edited by Endless Ike

I would love to bet any amount of money placed by any number of posters against a 10 win season.

Seriously, none of you would honestly put money on the Bills getting 10 wins. If you would, then you know the old saying about "a fool and his money..."

5 wins sounds about right.

So, just curious. Would you say anything less then 4 wins would be shocking? 2 wins? How many wins would shock you - winning 11 games? six?

So, just curious. Would you say anything less then 4 wins would be shocking? 2 wins? How many wins would shock you - winning 11 games? six?

3 wins would be surprising. I would be shocked if we only got 2 wins, yes. Going 8-8 would be a jaw-dropping success for a rookie QB and rookie Head Coach.

3 wins would be surprising. I would be shocked if we only got 2 wins, yes. Going 8-8 would be a jaw-dropping success for a rookie QB and rookie Head Coach.

Matt Ryan and Mike Smith.

John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco would all argue against you.

This is not the NFL of yesterday. Winning now is expected.

Gailey on winning:

"I expect it. I think our players expect it. If you don’t expect it, something’s wrong with you. If you say, “Well I hope we’re a little bit better than last year,” you ought to get out. That’s wrong. I expect to win every one of them. I expect to be undefeated. That’s the way I’ve always been and that’s the way I’ll always be. I want to be 1-0 after this one and who ever we play second I want to be 2-0."

http://www.wivb.com/...-be-undefeated"

Gailey talked tough at the beginning (just like Greg Williams and Marrone for that matter), but by the end he was a beaten man.

http://www.nfl.com/n...bills-struggles

http://www.buffalobi...68-8fd07a791955

(after another loss)

"Reporter: What do you say to the guys before you come out and address us?

Gailey: I basically say the same things to them that I say to you. I tell them that I don't have any answers today, but I have to find the answers."

"I have no answer," Gailey said after Sunday's 45-3 loss to the San Francisco 49ers. "I have no answer. I have no excuse. But I have to find the answer. That's my job."

The only guy that didn't come it talking tough was Jauron. Everyone else comes in talking like Vince Lombardi and leaves like Kay Stephenson.

Edited by vincec

I had to vote in the 4-6 range, probably closer to the 4. There might be a brighter future (might be) then there was 12 months ago, but there is without a doubt, less NFL ready, proven talent now then 12 months ago. There is a good chance this team could compete in 2 to 3 seasons if Manuel pans out, but there will be alot of bumps and growing pains along the way.

Matt Ryan and Mike Smith.

John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco would all argue against you.

This is not the NFL of yesterday. Winning now is expected.

No it isn't expected, it is less of a surprise then it used to be when a team turns it around in one season, but those examples are more surprises or the exceptions. To say it is expected, is like saying it is expected that E.J. Manuel plays in the Pro Bowl this year. Edited by BuffBill

Gailey talked tough at the beginning (just like Greg Williams and Marrone for that matter), but by the end he was a beaten man.

http://www.nfl.com/n...bills-struggles

http://www.buffalobi...68-8fd07a791955

(after another loss)

"Reporter: What do you say to the guys before you come out and address us?

Gailey: I basically say the same things to them that I say to you. I tell them that I don't have any answers today, but I have to find the answers."

"I have no answer," Gailey said after Sunday's 45-3 loss to the San Francisco 49ers. "I have no answer. I have no excuse. But I have to find the answer. That's my job."

The only guy that didn't come it talking tough was Jauron. Everyone else comes in talking like Vince Lombardi and leaves like Kay Stephenson.

No doubt.

B Baroo and I were just discussing Gailey's comments.