How many wins will we have next year. (Poll)

dayman

How many wins will be have next year?  

227 members have voted

1. 1. '13-'14 Wins

• 0-3
    • 4-6
    • 7=9
    • 10-12
    • 13+

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW feel free to explain why with a post. At least one person just lost their house. I gave us 4-6. I think we'll look pretty good at times, but will have a long stretch where we struggle particularly out of the gate. Not sold on QB situation, can't buy into defensive hype until I see it with my own eyes, and the same is true of improved WR (have to see it).

Edited by SameOldBills

Looking at the schedule, I went the optimistic route.

There's 5 or 6 teams that are likely clearly better than the Bills, and the rest are either likely to be about equal or inferior.

Despite the usual learning curve with a new coaching staff and plenty of youth slated to start, I think this Bills team can be competitive out of the gate and if they catch a few breaks, win 10-12 games.

I'm pretty confident that even if all those wins don't materialize, the Bills will be in contention in every game, and we won't see the embarrassing blowouts we've seen the past few years.

Keep in mind, the Bills now have deep threats so opposing defenses can't squat on short routes or stack the box against Spiller.

The biggest ? in play IMO is whether or not the Bills can stop the run. That will likely be the deciding factor in determining the BIlls' fate this year, despite this being a passing league.

Keep in mind, the Bills now have deep threats so opposing defenses can't squat on short routes or stack the box against Spiller.

Until we show we can, and will, HIT a deep threat if left unattended teams will still squat on us. Just having someone out there means nothing.

Edited by SameOldBills

I'm going 10-12 wins, too; although, if it were 9-11 I'd feel better about it. I just think we have enough talent to be a playoff team, and I think our coaching is going to be among the best in the league this year. It all adds up, IMO, to a playoff contender. The only real question mark in my opinion is the QB spot. If we have really good QB play there's no reason we couldn't beat anyone. If we don't, then we could win as few as 5 or 6 wins.

I went with 4-6 (since my mortgage was on the line) but I really think it'll be right around 6 or maybe 7 wins this year. The D should be better--especially at stopping the run--but they'll take awhile to come together as a unit with a new scheme so I don't expect we'll see improvement until Games 5 or 6. The offense all depends on who the QB will be. If it's Kolb I think we get Fitz 2.0, and if it's EJ he'll have to learn to read defenses and that will take awhile. Several posters have said "I'll believe it when I see it," and I agree especially when it comes to improved coaching from former college guys. All in all I think we get 6-7 wins but will build a solid foundation for 2014 and beyond.......

I really don't believe Kolb/EJ will be worse this year than Fitz was last year. Maybe not better, but not worse either.

Gailey wasn't a bad OC so I'm not looking for much improvement from the offense just yet. I do think the defense - with Pettine as OC instead of Wanny - will make a solid step forward this year. Altogether... 8-8.

But there are so many changes and so many unknowns this season that I don't have a high sense of confidence in my prediction.

Well it's mighty hard. mighty hard indeed.

How do you pick a relatively unknown combination of coaches and players ?

I rent.

And i am on board with the Senator.

But i voted conservative at 7-9 wins. but i do not expect playoffs.

Yet.

I will though.

I voted 7=9

This team won 6 games with some of the worst coaching and Fitz as our QB.

Little joke, Why is 6 afraid of seven? Because apparently 7=9 :) Fozzie!

Because 7 ate 9 (7 8 9). Geez...how the hell do you screw that up?

I voted 4-6...because they haven't shown otherwise in a decade.

Because 7 ate 9 (7 8 9). Geez...how the hell do you screw that up?

I voted 4-6...because they haven't shown otherwise in a decade.

You serious? Look at the 7-9 its 7=9. Over your head and through the woods that went.

This team has too much to prove before I would go higher than 6 wins...

Rookie HC's don't have much of a track record setting the NFL on fire in their rookie seasons...

Same holds true for rookie QB's...

Will Wood stay healthy? Will they resign Byrd?

All depends... So much new energy coming to training camp... It's going to be ultra, ultra, competitive.... Kids will be trying to kill people in preseason games... They look hungry. -Waiting explode...We have a DC with experience coaching in the AFCE. He knows what gets it done... We have a QB that is deadly when he's on the run, and a guarantted1,000 yard rusher, that just needs a line to block for him...

We don't know what we'll see. The good part is, neither does anyone else in our division. None of the opposing coaching staffs have a clue of what's going on in Bills nation.

I think our biggest roadblock this year will be the Miami cod-piece. Like it or not, they'e going to be formidable... If Tan-man learns how to use the weapons at his disposal, they will upset the balance of the AFCE.

Either way, We're absolutely going to the playoffs... Won't matter how many wins we have come January.

Edited by #34fan

I went with 4-6 (since my mortgage was on the line) but I really think it'll be right around 6 or maybe 7 wins this year. The D should be better--especially at stopping the run--but they'll take awhile to come together as a unit with a new scheme so I don't expect we'll see improvement until Games 5 or 6. The offense all depends on who the QB will be. If it's Kolb I think we get Fitz 2.0, and if it's EJ he'll have to learn to read defenses and that will take awhile. Several posters have said "I'll believe it when I see it," and I agree especially when it comes to improved coaching from former college guys. All in all I think we get 6-7 wins but will build a solid foundation for 2014 and beyond.......

It's for these reasons I think we'll reach 10-12, though I don't think 12.. Like most posters, we haven't seen 'the baby' in so long our 'Doom Shields' are firmly in place. But we've had enough talent to win 10+ games for a couple years now, only to be bitten by weak coaching moments/ poor play by QB late in games, inability to get of the field on defense late and poor turnover ratio. The speed added at WR, arm strength added @ QB and an attack style defense will force quick passes that will result in T/O's and more sacks. Game day coaching is the great unknown for me, but I'm on board with the new staffs' outward desire to play great. It just HAS to turn around in our favor sometime, right?? Mortgage be damned, I'm all in!

BTW, welcome aboard!