Calling 911

Chef Jim

have called 911 twice as far as i can remember, both times after witnessing a car accident.

-- the first time was back in New Westminster, B.C., when i looked out my patio to see a car fly up the guard rail and, sparks flying, over turn on its roof some time after midnight.

-- the second time was here in Buffalo when, in the middle of the day, i watched a car veer off the road and crash into a cement front porch.

i do plan to call the authorities, or perhaps my attorneys in regards to a bottle of Jameson i'm owed by Beerball, but that is an altogether nother matter.

jw

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I will add another butt clenching moment. I was in the middle of the woods out checking my cows during calving season and started hearing screams from deep in the woods. I called and said look, I am in the middle of the woods and there is absolutely no address - but this is kind of where I am. I am hearing a lot of screaming and yelling way deep in the woods. I am not sticking around, I am not sure what to tell you - but it is very, very strange... Literally, they were in a place where NO ONE belonged, and I have no idea why anyone would be there. It was not my property, and I was not armed.

Oh, I will add another butt clenching moment. I was in the middle of the woods out checking my cows during calving season and started hearing screams from deep in the woods. I called and said look, I am in the middle of the woods and there is absolutely no address - but this is kind of where I am. I am hearing a lot of screaming and yelling way deep in the woods. I am not sticking around, I am not sure what to tell you - but it is very, very strange... Literally, they were in a place where NO ONE belonged, and I have no idea why anyone would be there. It was not my property, and I was not armed.

But somehow in the middle of the deep, deep forested woods, there was cell coverage.

;-) :-P

Isn't there some wild animal, like a fox, that can make noise that sounds similar to people screaming/crying?

Isn't there some wild animal, like a fox, that can make noise that sounds similar to people screaming/crying?

Rabbits. Those !@#$ers can wail...

Called the local PD, not 911, a few times when the crack heads next door got a lil too... Heated... Had one of them break into our house after an all night binge. I would've felt weird calling 911 on her after we chased her out, but the locals came and got her to the hospital...

I remembered another one, I called because my neighbor across the street (who I really didn't care for) was out shooting squirrels or birds in his front yard with a small caliber pistol. And he knew he was wrong because I'd see him hide it behind his back whenever someone drove by. Two cops were there in less than 5 minutes. We lived about 5-6 blocks from a bad neighborhood so I wasn't surprised they got there that quickly.

But somehow in the middle of the deep, deep forested woods, there was cell coverage.

;-) :-P

4GLTE, too. It was over 3/4 mile in to the woods with no houses around, and the only one that might be near was vacant and has a high tech security system.

There was clear voices and distinguishable tones.

A bobcat, cougar, black panther or mountain lion. Youtube it some more...if you want

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs9L0s0Xz8c

edit: It'll freak you out when you hear that ****, too. Not to use a curse word, but you're just out in the dark minding your own business and all of a sudden it's a "WTF" moment. Foxes and coyotes will make noises when crying and screaming that will flip you out, too.

A good WTF moment to add was when I was down at the bottom (where they're building the bridge - I should update that, btw). Anyway. It was dark and I just had my headlamp. Checking out the herd in calving season. I turn around and hear something and can't make it out - at all, just that it was big and couldn't see it. Eventually I make out an outline - still no idea but kind of getting an idea. All of a sudden a big black angus bull just comes up to me and looks at me. He had escaped his pasture a mile up the road and found my cows...and a startled me.

Edited by jboyst62

A good WTF moment to add was when I was down at the bottom (where they're building the bridge - I should update that, btw). Anyway. It was dark and I just had my headlamp. Checking out the herd in calving season. I turn around and hear something and can't make it out - at all, just that it was big and couldn't see it. Eventually I make out an outline - still no idea but kind of getting an idea. All of a sudden a big black angus bull just comes up to me and looks at me. He had escaped his pasture a mile up the road and found my cows...and a startled me.

"Dear Farmers Quarterly Forum,

I always thought these letters were fake, until one night, out in the pasture....."

Not to mention the other upside of getting rid of the detector; if our death is calm and painless, it'll also be quiet.

But, you'll look horrible in your casket. My great uncle offed himself this way and he was blue.

4GLTE, too. It was over 3/4 mile in to the woods with no houses around, and the only one that might be near was vacant and has a high tech security system.

There was clear voices and distinguishable tones.

A bobcat, cougar, black panther or mountain lion. Youtube it some more...if you want

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs9L0s0Xz8c

edit: It'll freak you out when you hear that ****, too. Not to use a curse word, but you're just out in the dark minding your own business and all of a sudden it's a "WTF" moment. Foxes and coyotes will make noises when crying and screaming that will flip you out, too.

Coyotes are in the area by my house... It is freaky... Windows open @ night, you hear them yelping away. We have cats and I always joke that they would be goners if they were outdoor cats! I read somewhere that coyotes can make it sound like there are a lot more than there really is.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I finally called 911 and probably should have just called the police. I tried them first but hated all the choices I had to wade through and didn't want to wait so just dialed 911. Came home to a burlarized home last week. !@#$er kicked in my back door. Stole nearly $13k worth of the wife's jewelry and our laptop and four of my watches. My wife make jewelry and skipped right over her hunks of gold and sliver she had on her work table. Dumbass. :censored: :censored: :censored:

Well I finally called 911 and probably should have just called the police. I tried them first but hated all the choices I had to wade through and didn't want to wait so just dialed 911. Came home to a burlarized home last week. !@#$er kicked in my back door. Stole nearly $13k worth of the wife's jewelry and our laptop and four of my watches. My wife make jewelry and skipped right over her hunks of gold and sliver she had on her work table. Dumbass. :censored: :censored: :censored:

Wow - that sucks! Our house got burglarized when I was in high school and you feel so violated.

I've never called, but there is nothing I enjoy more than listening to a 911 call recording. Are those inane questions really necessary?

Do they always ask questions like the Tonya Harding one?

Tonya - He put me in the ground!

Operator - OK, what's his middle name?

What the hell does that have to do with anything.

By the way, I guess if you call the police they can't release any recordings but 911 they can. I have no idea why.