Buffalo has produced at least one winner

What a wild finish. And you gotta love the great, time-honored traditions in hockey:

1) The handshake line

2) The passing of the Cup

3) The home fans booing Gary Bettman

:lol:

Wow, if more people cared about hockey, that Bruins loss would go down as one of the all-time greatest "sports meltdowns".

I hate the Bruins, though I admit, I admire the way they play...but the petty part of me took a little glee in seeing Charra play such a big role in the Bruins demise...what a Bufffalo (fill in the team) like ending for them...had to have sucked big time for Bruins fans who were actually at the game. Would have liked to see a game 7, because this was the best finals series I can remember in a while...but what a memorable ending.

I must say, I don't see a ton of the Blackhawks in the regular season...why does everyone (proverbial everyone) hate Patrick Kane so much? Every time I see him he is doing something great...is this just a case of envy (see Sidney Crosby) or is the guy really a putz? Cab drivers don't get to vote on this...

I must say, I don't see a ton of the Blackhawks in the regular season...why does everyone (proverbial everyone) hate Patrick Kane so much? Every time I see him he is doing something great...is this just a case of envy (see Sidney Crosby) or is the guy really a putz? Cab drivers don't get to vote on this...

My view is biased, being in Chicago but around these parts he is not hated. He is admired for his skills, clutch play. Most negative comments I have heard are regarding his physical size and concern that he may not last too long in the NHL. The rest of the comments are regarding his partying and well publicized (and apparently photographed) antics in the local bars. I really cannot fault the dude for the latter - he is 24, a celebrity and is not known to let the partying affect his play on ice. As long as he doesn't get into altercations or behind the wheel after such evenings, I couldn't care less.

Having said all that, I thought the Conn Smythe winner should have been Crawford for his consistency throughout the playoffs and holding off opponent surges at key times (see yesterdays period 1 barrage by the Bruins and the lone goal they had to show for it). Even Kane in his post-award interview said Crawford deserved it more.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

My view is biased, being in Chicago but around these parts he is not hated. He is admired for his skills, clutch play. Most negative comments I have heard are regarding his physical size and concern that he may not last too long in the NHL. The rest of the comments are regarding his partying and well publicized (and apparently photographed) antics in the local bars. I really cannot fault the dude for the latter - he is 24, a celebrity and is not known to let the partying affect his play on ice. As long as he doesn't get into altercations or behind the wheel after such evenings, I couldn't care less.

Having said all that, I thought the Conn Smythe winner should have been Crawford for his consistency throughout the playoffs and holding off opponent surges at key times (see yesterdays period 1 barrage by the Bruins and the lone goal they had to show for it). Even Kane in his post-award interview said Crawford deserved it more.

Were you close enough to Wrigleyville last night to get a taste of the madness? I had to bike through it on my way home, but was through it before the police barricades were broken.

Were you close enough to Wrigleyville last night to get a taste of the madness? I had to bike through it on my way home, but was through it before the police barricades were broken.

No I was not. I work in downtown but left early to reach home (western suburb) before the game. I will be around the office during the parade though I am not sure I want to physically be with the crowds.

Feels good to have your team win a championship. A feeling I can only dream of experiencing as a Bills fan.

Strangely along with being a Blackhawks fan, I am also such a rabid Bills fan that I just cannot get myself to support the Bears in the least bit.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

No I was not. I work in downtown but left early to reach home (western suburb) before the game. I will be around the office during the parade though I am not sure I want to physically be with the crowds.

Feels good to have your team win a championship. A feeling I can only dream of experiencing as a Bills fan.

Strangely along with being a Blackhawks fan, I am also such a rabid Bills fan that I just cannot get myself to support the Bears in the least bit.

I am not a fan of the Blackhawks but I hope the parade is close enough to my office that I can catch it. I assume it will be either on State or Michigan.

Congrats!

I am not a fan of the Blackhawks but I hope the parade is close enough to my office that I can catch it. I assume it will be either on State or Michigan.

I like it is on Madsion and Columbus? Going from the UC to Grant Park. Something about traffic flow being different than in 2010?

Speaking about parades, anybody see Lebron James almost pull what that kid in New Jersey did? Almost got decapitated by the over pass... Okay maybe I am making more out of it... All of Cleveland was rooting for the bridge! :doh::D

What a wild finish. And you gotta love the great, time-honored traditions in hockey:

1) The handshake line

2) The passing of the Cup

3) The home fans booing Gary Bettman

That was funny. Boos then immediately turned into cheers right after he announced the Blackhawks as champions on Boston ice.