Marcellus Wiley news

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05009/439384.stm

Unhappy in Dallas

The Cowboys may use part of their large cap room to dispatch defensive end Marcellus Wiley, who signed a four-year, $16 million contract because Dallas wanted a better pass rush.

Wiley had three sacks, but he savaged the Cowboys after the season. Parcells moved him from the left side to the right side of the line, then took his pass rusher off the field in pass-rushing situations.

"If they told me what was going to occur before I signed, I never would have stepped foot in Texas," Wiley said.

Raise your hand if you'd welcome Wiley back...

202353[/snapback]

I like him and all, but for the $ he'll want I don't think his production will be that much better than Kelsay next year. Kelsay is reminding me more and more of Phil Hansen. If only they'd leave him in on 3rd and long... :unsure:

He had about 2 productive years in the NFL: his last with the Bills and his first with the Chargers. After that it seemed that he was more interested in the money and lifestyle than wanting to be a good player. I agree with a 1-year deal for the min, but someone in someplace more attractive than Buffalo will probably offer him more.

after the year wiley just had (combined with the previous two where he amassed only 9 sacks), i think he's done with big money deals.........

1 year at the vet min is not out of the question.......few teams will want the guy with his attitude.........

seriously, hes as washed up as the come right now. The guy doesnt restructure to help the chargers then gets cut and sucks for another team. Sounds to me like we can stick a fork in him, because he's DONE.

Also, remember TD had to make a choice: Sign moulds or marcellus, but only one.

Looks like he made the right choice, eh?