Tim Tebow to Pats

Mango

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the Patriots have enough self respect to not embarrass themselves by selling jerseys of their 3rd string quarterback. Although on the other hand I'm all for New Englsnd embarrassing themselves, I'm just so friggin sick of Tebow.

I'm surprised no one has brought up this aspect yet seeing as it was one of the bigger issues with Tebow.

The popular theory on why Tebow's been treated as radioactive is because he's been a huge media distraction/headache everywhere he's been.

How does that mix with Belichick's known insistence that his player keep a low profile and don't distract from the team?

Just today Wes Welker said that now that he's left the Cheatriots*** he feels like he can be himself and speak his mind.

How much do you wanna bet that Belichick has made it a condition of employment that Tebow not do anything more than the bare minimum with regards to the media?

I'm surprised no one has brought up this aspect yet seeing as it was one of the bigger issues with Tebow.

The popular theory on why Tebow's been treated as radioactive is because he's been a huge media distraction/headache everywhere he's been.

How does that mix with Belichick's known insistence that his player keep a low profile and don't distract from the team?

Just today Wes Welker said that now that he's left the Cheatriots*** he feels like he can be himself and speak his mind.

How much do you wanna bet that Belichick has made it a condition of employment that Tebow not do anything more than the bare minimum with regards to the media?

because Tebow has never disparaged his team ... wake up. All he's done is discussed his religious conviction, and what it means to him. You gotta problem with that? Then you gotta problem with a whole mess of players including Reggie White, Ray Lewis, Kurt Warner ... heck entire squads ....

i3cj_gBQkGBg.jpg

Calm down dude. I don't have a problem with anything.

I'm addressing the numerous stories (with quotes) that state that Tebow's marginal QBing skills when weighed against the distraction that he presents, has caused teams to not have an interest in him.

Tebow can do whatever he wants.

But I'd betcha that Belichick is gonna have him on a short leash, as he does all his players.

You need to relax a bit on this Tebow stuff. You get all worked up over nothing.

I'm addressing the numerous stories (with quotes) that state that Tebow's marginal QBing skills when weighed against the distraction that he presents, has caused teams to not have an interest in him.

But I'd betcha that Belichick is gonna have him on a short leash, as he does all his players.

You need to relax a bit on this Tebow stuff. You get all worked up over nothing.

because you're talking nonsense and trying to draw parallels to malcontents like TO, Moss, etc.

Quote:

"How much do you wanna bet that Belichick has made it a condition of employment that Tebow not do anything more than the bare minimum with regards to the media?

What does he do other than answer media questions about football in a respectful fashion, and separately talk about his religion? You REALLY THINK Patriots or any team would attempt or EVEN GET AWAY with stipulating in his contract he's not allowed to speak publicly about his faith? unreal

Seriously, his raging hard on for all things Tebow is getting old. Any perceived slight is a call to arms to shame the non believers. That's exactly the biggest reason Tebow is so toxic. His insane, cult of a following who devoutly believe the golden boy can do no wrong.

Edited by biglukes

Seriously, his raging hard on for Tev

Seriously, his raging hard on for all things Tebow is getting old. Any perceived slight is a call to arms to shame the non believers. That's exactly the biggest reason Tebow is so toxic. His insane, cult of a following who devoutly believe the golden boy can do no wrong.

errrr no, it's quite the opposite. Anyone who has a problem with a mild mannered guy who respects his team, just because he talks about his faith IMO has the problem. They're the ones making an issue of it, not him.

btw, the religious references ("devoutly") don't even apply here ... fwiw I don't consider myself a religious person, and only find myself in houses of worship for weddings or as a tourist. But I have no problem with people discussing whats important to them for inspiration .. unlike YOU, SJBF and several others out there who are creating the distraction.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Man you are really obsessed with bringing the dude down. Must be excruciating for you. Bottom line: he just got signed by the most successful franchise of the last 15 years, and you're still throwing darts from your mom's basement.

This.

errrr no, it's quite the opposite. Anyone who has a problem with a mild mannered guy who respects his team, just because he talks about his faith IMO has the problem. They're the ones making an issue of it, not him.

btw, the religious references ("devoutly") don't even apply here ... fwiw I don't consider myself a religious person, and only find myself in houses of worship for weddings or as a tourist. But I have no problem with people discussing whats important to them for inspiration .. unlike YOU, SJBF and several others out there who are creating the distraction.

Holy crap...way to be a Bills fan dude!

I'm going to take up a collection. Where should we send your new NE Tebow jersey?

because you're talking nonsense and trying to draw parallels to malcontents like TO, Moss, etc.

Quote:

"How much do you wanna bet that Belichick has made it a condition of employment that Tebow not do anything more than the bare minimum with regards to the media?

What does he do other than answer media questions about football in a respectful fashion, and separately talk about his religion? You REALLY THINK Patriots or any team would attempt or EVEN GET AWAY with stipulating in his contract he's not allowed to speak publicly about his faith? unreal

You are seriously out of control. I'm saying that Belichick had a sit down with Tebow and told him about the "Patriot Way" and "how things are" around Foxboro.

Take a deep breath Joe. Seriously.

Google: Tebow + Distractions and see how many links come up?

This is the biggest issue out there regarding Tebow, with GMs calling him "radioactive" and you're acting like I'm being unfair to the guy.

No kidding.

I have a problem with him because he's not any good, yet is covered 24/7. He's a media whore, who eats up every second of his time in the limelight. There are hundreds of religious guys, and even more good guys in the league, who are vastly better players that don't get nearly the press. But because he says Jesus every 10 words in his interviews, he's attracted this cult like following who are blind to his every fault. The fact that Tebow is even newsworthy anymore is a joke. He's become a brand more than a player.

TJ Yates is a backup QB who won a playoff game, how come we never hear about his every move?

But I have no problem with people discussing whats important to them for inspiration .. unlike YOU, SJBF and several others out there who are creating the distraction.

We're "creating the distraction?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are we also personally responsible for the lukewarm interest in Tebow's services?

And why do you keep harping on the religious angle. I never brought it up and I'm not sure anyone else has either.

It's like you're tilting at windmills.

Breathe, Joe. Breathe.

I have a problem with him because he's not any good, yet is covered 24/7. He's a media whore, who eats up every second of his time in the limelight. There are hundreds of religious guys, and even more good guys in the league, who are vastly better players that don't get nearly the press. But because he says Jesus every 10 words in his interviews, he's attracted this cult like following who are blind to his every fault. The fact that Tebow is even newsworthy anymore is a joke. He's become a brand more than a player.

TJ Yates is a backup QB who won a playoff game, how come we never hear about his every move?

Since religion grates on you so much, here's a suggestion: ignore them. Just like you apparently have done with a whole mess of players over the years.

They're the ones making an issue of it, not him............... others out there who are creating the distraction.

Agree. The distraction is largely fueled by the media. Tebow seems a classy respectful individual. He's been signed (or is about to be) by one of the better winning coaches in the NFL.

I like the kid. I wish him well, although if he ever plays against us I hope he has a great game....in a losing cause !

And why do you keep harping on the religious angle. I never brought it up and I'm not sure anyone else has either.

Has to be one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read. I'm not going to even bother pointing out the posts that do since they're all around.

Absolutely not. It's less about Tebow being any good & more about Mallett being a total slug. I'd rather have friggin' TJax than Mallett, Kolb too. A definite upgrade.

I don't think there is a QB in the league I would want less than Kolb. He is steaming hot garbage. As I have said: Mark Sanchez + injury prone - big plays = Kevin Kolb. I had seen more than enough of Fitz but to go from a guy who A) actually throws some TD passes and B) is durable ....to a guy who doesn't produce and can't stay healthy.....that's a kick in the nuts. EJ or bust!

Since religion grates on you so much, here's a suggestion: ignore them. Just like you apparently have done with a whole mess of players over the years.

I don't care what his religion is. But that and how good if a guy he supposedly is, is constantly used by his fans as a reason why he has a right to a roster spot and deserves a chance to start. As if he's the only one in the league who's a good guy. Then couple that with the insane notion that he somehow singlehandedlt willed the Broncos to victories.

Point is, he's not a good quarterback at all, yet is built up like the second coming. And as you clearly demonstrated, any attempt to point out his faults is a call to action to make Tebow a martyr and get angry towards anyone who doesn't share the twisted Tebow world view.

It's like you're tilting at windmills.

Has to be one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read. I'm not going to even bother pointing out the posts that do since they're all around.

For the record, before you made his religion a talking point in post 85 (implying that myself and others were religious intolerants) there were 4 religious references made.

I made none of them. Nor did I make the post about him being gay or the post about his intelligence being questioned.

You on the other hand threw the first insult in the thread when you accused another poster of living in his Mom's basement.

But as usual I'm the bad guy.

Read this thread again. Read who said what. Read my first post.

If you think I'm being unfair to Tebow you're completely delusional.