June Movies: Man of Steel, World War Z, & Monsters U....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw two movies this past weekend:

- Man of Steel: Quite good especially compared to the last iteration. Cavill, Shannon and Crowe are all very good. I just wish they had tamed down the violence and destruction in the last half hour. Frankly, it took away the intensity of the climax.

I agree about the excessive violence. I chalked it up to trying to compete with The Avengers and Iron Man 3.

- World War Z: Surprisingly entertaining movie. I went in not expecting much and came away impressed.

If you go into a movie with low expectations, and it's halfway decent, you'll end up liking it more than if you went in thinking it was going to be good.

SPOILER - the originally filmed ending to World War Z is talked about at this link....

http://movies.yahoo....-205845231.html

Personally, I think based on the description, I'd like that ending better.

Great comment at the bottom: "A-list actor....action....zombies = Box office bonanza. How long before John McClane is taking on the undead?"

I would so totally look forward to something like "The Living Dead Die Hard".

Great comment at the bottom: "A-list actor....action....zombies = Box office bonanza. How long before John McClane is taking on the undead?"

I would so totally look forward to something like "The Living Dead Die Hard".

Couldn't get any worse than this last installment. I was laughing as I was watching it, cause there were these subtle references to the original Die Hard, almost as if the producers were saying, "Yeah, we know this movie sucks, but hey, remember how good the first one was?"

One of the most disappointing films for me in a long time.

Just saw "Monsters University", and I was pleasantly surprised. As much as I love Pixar, I had thought that there last two films("Cars 2" & "Brave") were not their best work.

I was apprehensive about a prequel to "Monsters Inc.", I just would like to see more original ideas from Pixar. However I do give Pixar credit for delivering a good offering in "Monsters University". There's a good amount of humor for both kids and adults, and while at times the movie seems predictable, it actually becomes something a little different.

So good job by Pixar this time around, now let's see how "The Good Dinosaur" turns out next year.