Hey Bills fans

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm talking about the early 20's guys who have never even heard of one Pete Metzelaars, who have a McGahee jersey that they've taped over the nameplate with "McDrunk," are usually going to have a chinstrap beard....

There's a name for those people, they're called DoucheBags, or Delta Bravos if you need to apply a military feel to it...

We had the Bills at Lambeau for that scrimmage a few years ago. Talked to a lot of great fans. Just seems like there is a lot of love between the two teams.

Growing up my brother and I had a Tudor electric football set.

The players on one team were all yellow and on the other team were all white.

We painted green jerseys on the yellow players and blue jerseys on the white players to make it Bills-Packers as almost happened in Super Bowl I.

Like everywhere else, lots of Buffalonians are familiar with the Lombardi mythology and the Packers are a lot of people's second favorite team.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Ice!

Well, for Bills fans, the end of what has been our favorite part of the season is at hand. From the last game of the regular season to now, we wax poetic about turning it all around 'Next Year'. Kick the trash to the curb, dream of the best available FA's signing with us, anticipate and evaluate the Draft, critique the Jills tryouts and every 3 years, bring in an entirely new coaching staff, philosophy and parts to the FO to re-generate hope. Every so often, we even re-design our uniforms and practice facilities.

While our annual hope -combined with a 0-0 record- is at its zenith, we'll be heading to camp in a week, spelling the end of the good times for the year. At least, that's the way it's been this century..

While many teams -notably your Packers- are either still fuming over a playoff loss or basking in the after glow of a Worlds Championship and are chomping at the bit to get back after it, I, for one, am melancholy that our favorite time of the year is nearly over..

;)

And you?

Chronology of a Bills fan's summer:

Unofficial first day of summer: Memorial Day, late May.

Italian Festival, Greek Festival.

Official first day of summer: June 21st

First day that the weather seems like it's in summer mode: Sometime between Memorial Day and July 1st depending on the year.

July 4th: It's summer. Allentown Art Festival, Taste of Buffalo, Old Home Days, Canal Fest, etc.

Bills training camp opens: Late July.

August: The mad blur of preseason games, getting ready to get the kids back in school, and squeezing the last of summer (Eden Corn Festival, Langford Tractor Pull) into the time before Labor Day.

Labor Day weekend: Fantasy football drafts and the unofficial end to summer (even though it feels official).

September 8th: Bills season begins.

September 21st: Summer "officially" ends.

Live it full, brothers and sisters.

Chronology of a Bills fan's summer:

Unofficial first day of summer: Memorial Day, late May.

Italian Festival, Greek Festival.

Official first day of summer: June 21st

First day that the weather seems like it's in summer mode: Sometime between Memorial Day and July 1st depending on the year.

July 4th: It's summer. Allentown Art Festival, Taste of Buffalo, Old Home Days, Canal Fest, etc.

Bills training camp opens: Late July.

August: The mad blur of preseason games, getting ready to get the kids back in school, and squeezing the last of summer (Eden Corn Festival, Langford Tractor Pull) into the time before Labor Day.

Labor Day weekend: Fantasy football drafts and the unofficial end to summer (even though it feels official).

September 8th: Bills season begins.

September 21st: Summer "officially" ends.

Live it full, brothers and sisters.

That is one of the best descriptions of a WNY Summer I have ever seen.

Ice, you are a good fan. I love reading your drive-by posts. Keep it up, and best of luck to the Pack this year.....not that you need luck with thaT TEAM. lol !

IMO, there is nothing not to like about the Green Bay Packers.....and as far as I'm concerned you are always welcome here, Bro.

jb

Ice, you are a good fan. I love reading your drive-by posts. Keep it up, and best of luck to the Pack this year.....not that you need luck with thaT TEAM. lol !

IMO, there is nothing not to like about the Green Bay Packers.....and as far as I'm concerned you are always welcome here, Bro.

jb

Well said!!!