Five NFL scheme changes to watch: Offense

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000205917/article/five-nfl-scheme-changes-to-watch-offense

Buffalo Bills

When rookie quarterback EJ Manuel claims the Bills' offense was easier to grasp than Florida State's, he also noted that Buffalo's playbook depicts "a true West Coast-type progression" attack. We expect the Bills to operate out of a pro-style base with elements of up-tempo and zone-read concepts. New coach Doug Marrone fell in love with one-back formations and no-huddle looks last season at Syracuse. Flexibility will be paramount under Nathaniel Hackett, but what the new must get right -- and what Chan Gailey's staff never did -- is a consistent unleashing C.J. Spiller. Expect friskiness out of Buffalo.

Rapid pace maybe? Who knows what that really means.

It is like the guy who quoted EJ as having "slow eyes"......Our new wave of Journalists love to throw stuff at people without themselves knowing the meaning of what they write.

It is like the guy who quoted EJ as having "slow eyes"......Our new wave of Journalists love to throw stuff at people without themselves knowing the meaning of what they write.

You have a point but, c'mon, don't you get tired of hiring the same verbiage over and over? "He's got great range." "High football I.Q." "A lot of upside." "Plays well in space."

I'm guessing he's using "friskiness" to mean a creative, uptempo offense. I like it.

If EJ Manuel plays somewhere in the range of Cam Newton, RGIII, Luck, Wilson, or even Tannehill, and if our O-line plays well, we stand to have a very formidable offense.

Something that appeals to me: what many consider to be a weakness of Buffalo's offense - namely, we have so many untested or new skill position players in a new scheme - I think can conversly be a strength; no one knows what to expect from us, and, when we get rolling, people will not be able to focus solely on Stevie, or Spiller, because we'll have Chandler, Jackson, Woods, Rogers, Goodwin and Graham as alternate, viable weapons. The name of our game will be spreading the ball out, and using our speed to create mismatches and to tire our opponents. I love our chances - because we don't have to have a super complex offense that these young guys would need years to master in order to have success; and Marrone is going to prove that to people this year.

You have a point but, c'mon, don't you get tired of hiring the same verbiage over and over? "He's got great range." "High football I.Q." "A lot of upside." "Plays well in space."

I'm guessing he's using "friskiness" to mean a creative, uptempo offense. I like it.

"He's got great range" is as equally bad as "slow eyes".....:-)

If EJ Manuel plays somewhere in the range of Cam Newton, RGIII, Luck, Wilson, or even Tannehill, and if our O-line plays well, we stand to have a very formidable offense.

Something that appeals to me: what many consider to be a weakness of Buffalo's offense - namely, we have so many untested or new skill position players in a new scheme - I think can conversly be a strength; no one knows what to expect from us, and, when we get rolling, people will not be able to focus solely on Stevie, or Spiller, because we'll have Chandler, Jackson, Woods, Rogers, Goodwin and Graham as alternate, viable weapons. The name of our game will be spreading the ball out, and using our speed to create mismatches and to tire our opponents. I love our chances - because we don't have to have a super complex offense that these young guys would need years to master in order to have success; and Marrone is going to prove that to people this year.

Yup, these new Wr's just have to catch the ball and get some YAC.

I hope to surpass the 12 td13, INt preformance Talleywhacker posted last year

We'll see how frisky they are after Brady puts 21 on 'em in the first quarter like he always does.

hopefully if this is the case, they get p!$$ed off and respond with extreme hostility. i would imagine that coach hackett has a trick or two up his sleeve in case of emergency.