Tomorrow's U.K. Front Pages.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordinarily I would scream that this is "Unbelievable" , but sadly............................I guess it isn't.

Networks’ Evening Shows Don’t Name Islam in London Terror Attack

What does a murderous jihadist terrorist have to do to get some recognition for his cause? You hack a British soldier to death in broad daylight on a London street while shouting “Allahu akbar” and then swear by the almighty Allah” that you’ll never stop fighting, and the U.S. broadcast networks still can’t bring themselves to utter a word about Islam.

True, the ABC CBS and NBC evening broadcasts called the attack “terrorism,” but for all the information they gave viewers, the attackers might have been Basque separatists or animal rights zealots.

On “Nightly News” NBC anchor Brian Williams said the attackers allowed “people to take video while they vent their message about religion and politics.” Correspondent Michelle Kosinski said one of the attackers “made a long political statement, weapons still in his blood-covered hands.”

CBS “Evening News with Scott Pelley” went a bit further, as reporter Charlie D’Agata mentioned that “Witnesses said that the men shouted ‘god is great’ in Arabic during the attacks.” Hmmm. Presbyterians maybe?

Over at ABC, on “World News with Diane Sawyer,” reporter Lama Hasan would only say British authorities were trying to find out including “whether or not one of [the attackers] is of African origin with ties to terrorist groups.” Of the one attacker’s video rant, Dian Sawyer said, “officials in the United States and the United Kingdom are studying the meaning of this tape.”

Yes, it’s a real head-scratcher.

By contrast, the U.K. media seems to be calling the attacks what they are. The BBC (no right-wing media shop) reported that one of the attackers told a witness, “I killed him because he kills Muslims over there and I am fed up that people kill Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan.” The BBC also said that “The Muslim Council of Britain said the murder was ‘a truly barbaric act that has no basis in Islam and we condemn this unreservedly,’” and noted that “At least two plots by Islamist extremists to kill soldiers in the UK have been foiled in recent years.”

This morning, the networks did identify radical Islam as the attackers' motivation, but their initial reluctance in the face of obvious evidence fits a pattern

Read more: http://newsbusters.o...k#ixzz2U8I5SRBv

Edited by B-Man

Ordinarily I would scream that this is "Unbelievable" , but sadly............................I guess it isn't.

Networks’ Evening Shows Don’t Name Islam in London Terror Attack

What does a murderous jihadist terrorist have to do to get some recognition for his cause? You hack a British soldier to death in broad daylight on a London street while shouting “Allahu akbar” and then swear by the almighty Allah” that you’ll never stop fighting, and the U.S. broadcast networks still can’t bring themselves to utter a word about Islam.

True, the ABC CBS and NBC evening broadcasts called the attack “terrorism,” but for all the information they gave viewers, the attackers might have been Basque separatists or animal rights zealots.

On “Nightly News” NBC anchor Brian Williams said the attackers allowed “people to take video while they vent their message about religion and politics.” Correspondent Michelle Kosinski said one of the attackers “made a long political statement, weapons still in his blood-covered hands.”

CBS “Evening News with Scott Pelley” went a bit further, as reporter Charlie D’Agata mentioned that “Witnesses said that the men shouted ‘god is great’ in Arabic during the attacks.” Hmmm. Presbyterians maybe?

Over at ABC, on “World News with Diane Sawyer,” reporter Lama Hasan would only say British authorities were trying to find out including “whether or not one of [the attackers] is of African origin with ties to terrorist groups.” Of the one attacker’s video rant, Dian Sawyer said, “officials in the United States and the United Kingdom are studying the meaning of this tape.”

Yes, it’s a real head-scratcher.

By contrast, the U.K. media seems to be calling the attacks what they are. The BBC (no right-wing media shop) reported that one of the attackers told a witness, “I killed him because he kills Muslims over there and I am fed up that people kill Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan.” The BBC also said that “The Muslim Council of Britain said the murder was ‘a truly barbaric act that has no basis in Islam and we condemn this unreservedly,’” and noted that “At least two plots by Islamist extremists to kill soldiers in the UK have been foiled in recent years.”

This morning, the networks did identify radical Islam as the attackers' motivation, but their initial reluctance in the face of obvious evidence fits a pattern

Read more: http://newsbusters.o...k#ixzz2U8I5SRBv

Big Media does need to keep the White House happy, so it's perfectly understandable.

No need, I'm still right. Strategy and organization define terrorism, ideology merely motivates.

Tom has given us his firmly stated opinion. As we all know, this constitutes fact.

I'm pretty sure most of those are not news papers. They are tabloids.

But yes, pretty chilling stuff.

You have to love the Islamic extremest mindset.

It was interesting to see a group called the EDL (English Defense League) protest that night or the second night. Sounds like it could lead to sectarian wars.

The EDL are ignorant racist thugs who need very little excuse to "protest". Their reasoned response to this atrocity was to throw bottles at the police. Thankfully they have very little popular support over here.

The EDL are ignorant racist thugs who need very little excuse to "protest". Their reasoned response to this atrocity was to throw bottles at the police. Thankfully they have very little popular support over here.

I have no reason to doubt what you say, but in this particular case I wonder if they have an "good enough excuse to protest". Reminder: Below is their excuse.

a-grab-of-video-footage-obtained-from-the-sun-shows-one-of-the-men-involved-in-the-attack-at-woolwich-on-may-23-2013-5.jpg

Edited by 4merper4mer

I have no reason to doubt what you say, but in this particular case I wonder if they have an "good enough excuse to protest". Reminder: Below is their excuse.

a-grab-of-video-footage-obtained-from-the-sun-shows-one-of-the-men-involved-in-the-attack-at-woolwich-on-may-23-2013-5.jpg

He looks like a bloke with blood on his hands.

I would think that there might be a very violent response, and not something as trite as bottles at police. I would hope that there isn't, as the very last thing anybody wants more death of innocent people. I would hope that a more intelligent solution arises, and I want to see what you think about it:

When does radical Islam become something that must be eradicated with 0 tolerance, no different than the KKK, chicot?

If I was a lawyer in England, the first thing I would do when these guys are found guilty? File a lawsuit on behalf of the dead guy's family against their families, their mosque, everybody who belongs to it, the al-Muhajiroun group they belonged to, and everybody that was ever in that group. Hit them all in the wallet, and at the very least force them all to pay lawyers and defend themselves as a group, and individually in civil court.

You want to live in the West? Fine, but, if you want to act like this? Then welcome to our civil court system.

Easy money. That's how the Southern Poverty Law Center made all their $, and some smart British lawyer could do the same. Make it so they can't even afford printer paper, just like the SPLC did with the KKK. Make it impossible for them to radicalize anybody, because every time they meet, you sue them all, all over again. Based on what? Conspiracy to deprive the entire American people of their civil rights. I'm no lawyer, but, we do have cases like this here all the time, and while many are ridiculous, we still have them.

Why should I care if this Fs some of them over unfairly? That's the price you pay for DECADES of toleration of idiocy in the name of your religion, while doing 0 about it. A couple of lawsuits later, what are the chances that the next time somebody is screaming Jihad on the street, we see non-radical Muslim guys, who don't want to get sued, cracking heads, and thankfully, not EDL hooligans?

The solution to radical Islam MUST come from refusal to tolerate it by decent Muslims, no different than the solution to white racism MUST come from refusal to tolerate it by decent white people. These lawsuits just help kick start that 0 tolerance policy.

That seems like a much more reasonable, effective and damaging way to attack these people, than bottles and hooligan behavior.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

You're going to sue the Muslim religion? That's like going after the KKK by suing the Protestant church.

Read your history.

The SPLC did exactly that. They sued many a so-called Protestant church, right after the Klan went from being the Klan, to being a church. How is radical Islam different, in any way, from the KKK, in the KKK's church form? It is not.

Why should I care if a radical Mosque that is spewing crap, or allowing it's members to spew crap, has to close it's doors...or is seized as a result of a lawsuit? Where is the downside?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I would think that there might be a very violent response, and not something as trite as bottles at police. I would hope that there isn't, as the very last thing anybody wants more death of innocent people. I would hope that a more intelligent solution arises, and I want to see what you think about it:

When does radical Islam become something that must be eradicated with 0 tolerance, no different than the KKK, chicot?

If I was a lawyer in England, the first thing I would do when these guys are found guilty? File a lawsuit on behalf of the dead guy's family against their families, their mosque, everybody who belongs to it, the al-Muhajiroun group they belonged to, and everybody that was ever in that group. Hit them all in the wallet, and at the very least force them all to pay lawyers and defend themselves as a group, and individually in civil court.

You want to live in the West? Fine, but, if you want to act like this? Then welcome to our civil court system.

Easy money. That's how the Southern Poverty Law Center made all their $, and some smart British lawyer could do the same. Make it so they can't even afford printer paper, just like the SPLC did with the KKK. Make it impossible for them to radicalize anybody, because every time they meet, you sue them all, all over again. Based on what? Conspiracy to deprive the entire American people of their civil rights. I'm no lawyer, but, we do have cases like this here all the time, and while many are ridiculous, we still have them.

Why should I care if this Fs some of them over unfairly? That's the price you pay for DECADES of toleration of idiocy in the name of your religion, while doing 0 about it. A couple of lawsuits later, what are the chances that the next time somebody is screaming Jihad on the street, we see non-radical Muslim guys, who don't want to get sued, cracking heads, and thankfully, not EDL hooligans?

The solution to radical Islam MUST come from refusal to tolerate it by decent Muslims, no different than the solution to white racism MUST come from refusal to tolerate it by decent white people. These lawsuits just help kick start that 0 tolerance policy.

That seems like a much more reasonable, effective and damaging way to attack these people, than bottles and hooligan behavior.

I'd have no problem with going down the lawsuite route but I suspect (though I'm certainly no law expert) that it would be next to impossible to make anything stick.

Read your history.

The SPLC did exactly that. They sued many a so-called Protestant church, right after the Klan went from being the Klan, to being a church. How is radical Islam different, in any way, from the KKK, in the KKK's church form? It is not.

Why should I care if a radical Mosque that is spewing crap, or allowing it's members to spew crap, has to close it's doors...or is seized as a result of a lawsuit? Where is the downside?

Do you think we can sue this church? Sounds pretty inflammatory to me.