Who will be reborn and suprise us??

cage

POLL.... who's the phoenix rising from the ashes under Marrone... and why?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most likely to salvage their career under new regime?

Still would love to see Easley succeed.... but I think my vote has to go to Carrington. I think he'll thrive in this multi-position DT/DE/LB type role that Pettine's news conference yesterday talked about

Edited by cage

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very tough call. I skipped the WR's because I think the Bills will have their rookies out there plus Graham most of the time. Would have liked Easley to succeed, but just doesn't look like it. Bills also have a lot of youth on the roster at defensive back. Don't see Williams upsetting Searcy for the starting role there. He could succeed if they don't re-sign Byrd. However, I think they will. I'm with the OP here and think Carrington. He can play enough positions to have utility, although to say he will "thrive" may be a stretch. I don't think he'll lead the team in any meaningful stats, but I think his value as a multi-positional role player will be evident.

Alex Carrington was arguably one of the best players on that entire Defense last year (though admittedly in a reserve roll), and I'd say he would have to have been #2 behind McLovin for The Bills Special Teams MVP last year...So I'm not sure why he would be on a list like this...He's already pretty darn good...

I'll go with other and TJ Graham...He's got one year on the Rookies, which is a factor...He's got serious potential and speed...And now he's got a QB who can get him the ball deep... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Alex Carrington was arguably one of the best players on that entire Defense last year (though admittedly in a reserve roll), and I'd say he would have to have been #2 behind McLovin for The Bills Special Teams MVP last year...So I'm not sure why he would be on a list like this...He's already pretty darn good... B-)

I agree he's had a some good moments last year and I like him a lot, but I think he does belong on this list. Three years and only a handful of starts due to injuries to others. At this time he's a career backup.

Alex Carrington was arguably one of the best players on that entire Defense last year (though admittedly in a reserve roll), and I'd say he would have to have been #2 behind McLovin for The Bills Special Teams MVP last year...So I'm not sure why he would be on a list like this...He's already pretty darn good... B-)

One of the best players? He had 2 sacks last year. There were 4 guys ahead of him and another 4 that had the same. He had 3 defensed passes. Again, 9 guys ahead of him including 2 defensive linemen and a linebacker. 12 tackles. 17 players ahead of him. This could really be done all day. If he was really all that good, he would have put up better numbers. In addition, he would have been on the field more.

This!! Why is Carrington on a lot full of guys that haven't done anything? He blocked like 4 fgs and was constantly disrupting plays even with that vanilla Wanny scheme. The rest of those guys have done nothing and I think are in jeopardy of being cut.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

One of the best players? He had 2 sacks last year. There were 4 guys ahead of him and another 4 that had the same. He had 3 defensed passes. Again, 9 guys ahead of him including 2 defensive linemen and a linebacker. 12 tackles. 17 players ahead of him. This could really be done all day. If he was really all that good, he would have put up better numbers. In addition, he would have been on the field more.

Do you actually watch the games, or do you just comment on the statistics? B-)

This!! Why is Carrington on a lot full of guys that haven't done anything? He blocked like 4 fgs and was constantly disrupting plays even with that vanilla Wanny scheme. The rest of those guys have done nothing and I think are in jeopardy of being cut.

I'm liking Carrington, but lets be fair, he hasn't done near enough... Moats knocked out Brett Favre and ended his consecutive start streak... Easley returned one of his only touches for a TD on a KO last year... there's video of Zebrie Sanders unbelievably disciplined and motionless in his stance in a college game when everyone else around executes a botched play... alll these guys have had moments

Voting for Aaron Williams...just because. I think the kid has some talent, but was in over his head a little bit, on a defense that was, on whole, in over their heads most of the time...putting blind faith in Mike Pettine to find more talent on the defensive side of the roster than the last administration was willing to find.

Agree with Buftex and went with Williams myself. When he was drafted, many thought he was more of a safety then. I think it will be a good fit for him and we'll finally see some of that 2nd round potential.

Explained why. Please give specific examples of his play that lead you to this conclusion.

Already explained. He's a role player only and not even a starter. Making a play here or there doesn't make you one of the best player on defense. Citing one play doesn't make him one of the best players on defense.

I'm liking Carrington, but lets be fair, he hasn't done near enough... Moats knocked out Brett Favre and ended his consecutive start streak... Easley returned one of his only touches for a TD on a KO last year... there's video of Zebrie Sanders unbelievably disciplined and motionless in his stance in a college game when everyone else around executes a botched play... alll these guys have had moments

I am not confident that any of these guys but Carrington makes the team. I am sure that some will but he is the only definite. I am not saying that he is a hall of famer all that I am saying is that he is a tier above these guys. I consider him a really good rotational player. I don't view him as a reborn candidate. I would have probably replaced him on the poll with Hairston or Pears.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

This is very good subject matter for the upcoming season, but some of these guys have yet to make it out of the womb in the first place.

My take exactly. You have be born before you can be re-born, ergo I voted Other. That would be Fred Jackson. Injuries have taken their toll on him the last couple seasons as defenses cheated up with no vertical passing threat. CJ has blossomed in his absence. He's a 'young' 30-something, having started his career late and when he's healthy, he's League MVP material.

Here's to Fred Ex being re-born in '13!

As a guy who's had disc fusion surgery, my sentimental pick is Troup. But of the guys on this list, my rational brain tells me AC is the most likely to have a career break-through this year.

It would be exciting if under the guidance of new and (hopefully) better coaches, several players have break-throughs this year.

As a guy who's had disc fusion surgery, my sentimental pick is Troup. But of the guys on this list, my rational brain tells me AC is the most likely to have a career break-through this year.

It would be exciting if under the guidance of new and (hopefully) better coaches, several players have break-throughs this year.

Amen, brother!!