[OT] Official 24 thread

Just Jack

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That show sucks

201510[/snapback]

Which explains why it continually is one of the most critically acclaimed show on television, yet BuffOrange seems to disagree. Wonderful logic my friend.

And PastaJoe - I somewhat agree about the portrayal of Arab-Americans with the terrorist sleeper cell - but that is what MAKES the show. The fact that they DO stretch it as far, or even farther, as they can. In last night's 2 episodes, I don't think there was a better moment than when Dora Araz (I think that's her character's name) invited the girl into her home, seemed ok with her, called her husband, her son thought everything was cool, then she gives him a gun and tells her to kill the girl. Like any 16 year old who is in love he can't do it and rebels against even his parents. Then we find that Dora in fact poisoned the girl - and one of the best lines in the 4 season series - "I'm very disappointed in you." She is a phenomonal actress. Should continue to be a solid season.

I realize she's a terrorist, but it's a real stretch.  It just panders to those that think we should be suspecious of all Arabs, even your neighbors.

201487[/snapback]

Yeah, I couldn't believe they tried to run a plotline like Arab Terrorists past us. I mean, have you ever heard of such a thing before?

I agreee theNose76. That actress is perfect -- and I love her husky voice.

I have to say that I laughed out loud when Jack put on that ski mask prior to entering the convenience store.

201949[/snapback]

Yeah, I just happened to have a ski mask in the trunk....

Yeah, I just happened to have a ski mask in the trunk....

202330[/snapback]

He was driving an 'official CTU' vehicle, complete with a .50 cal sniper rifle and ski hat.....Kind of like keeping a blanket and flares in your trunk if you get stranded in the snow.

Great show.

Thank God Kim is gone! Cute actress, but her part was annoying.

i taped both episodes on Sun. and Mon. and watched it for 4 hours last night. Much to my wifes dismay.

my two cents:

Jack Bauer yells WAY too much.

Sure the whole show and the timing issues are unrealistic, but the last time i checked....it was just television.

Chloe? UGH! I wish she would have been killed off last year.

I like William Devane. He plays a good "tough guy".

What is the over under on how many characters that were in the opening episode will be dead by the 24th episode?

Rather than rob the store, I would have tried to disable the car temporarily (flat tire or something), but that's not the 24 way. I like this season so far. They got rid of Kim, that is good- her stupidity will not be missed, but she was good to look at so I was a little sad to see her go. I like the evil mom, they have a good group of villans. William Devan is a good addition to the cast as well. Great strategy to get everyone hooked by showing 4 episodes right away. I give it an 8 out of 10 so far.

Jack Bauer yells WAY too much.

202821[/snapback]

Season 1:

"WHERE ARE MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER?!"

Season 2:

"WHERE IS THE BOMB?!"

Season 3:

"WHERE IS THE VIRUS?!"

Season 4:

"WHERE IS THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE?!"

Good times.

Hey, what's your favorite interrogation technique?  I agree that Jack's yelling is way too much but I still love it.

203074[/snapback]

Hey, I love it too.

I also like when he decides to just shoot someone when he's interrogating them (seasons 2 and 4, come to mind).

Anyone else notice that the kid fiddled with the briefcase as he was waiting outside the fence?

Red Herring?

203162[/snapback]

Wondered that myself. They blow up a train to get it, then hand it off to a horny teenager to deliver the goods? Seems like a hell of a risk.

Anyone else notice that the kid fiddled with the briefcase as he was waiting outside the fence?

Red Herring?

203162[/snapback]

Yup.

Another thing to consider, the mother said "This is the key to everything"...and since the man who they took the case from had it handcuffed to his wrist most assume that the contents are from the US Gov (papers, nuke codes whatever). But I don't think this is the case.

If it was a US briefcase, then they would know what was inside (and that it was missing) as soon as the train crashed. But since it's been 3 hours and still no one in the Gov't appears to be missing a vital briefcase, it's more plausible that the case was another criminals (or another country).

Also, since they opened it like a million times, I don't think it's anything biologic or chemical or explosive (since it survived the crash and stuff).

One of the great things about this show is that you can't let any detail go by, no matter how trivial. I can understand people who don't get it -- it's a cult show and someting of a mindgame -- but the rest of us are entitled to it.

I think that, in true 24 spirit, the whole Defense Secretary kidnapping is a red herring. We still don't know what this season's big risk/hazard/mission. In past years we knew (or thought we knew) from the start: the Palmer assassination, the nuclear bomb, and the virus.

One of the great things about this show is that you can't let any detail go by, no matter how trivial.  I can understand people who don't get it -- it's a cult show and someting of a mindgame -- but the rest of us are entitled to it.

I think that, in true 24 spirit, the whole Defense Secretary kidnapping is a red herring.  We still don't know what this season's big risk/hazard/mission.  In past years we knew (or thought we knew) from the start:  the Palmer assassination, the nuclear bomb, and the virus.

203272[/snapback]

Tru dat. I suspect nuke bomb in DC at height of congressional activity.

This is the first season of 24 i have seen and i love it. At some point I wll go and rent the first 3(?). All I ask is that, if at all possible, could you try to not give away things from previous seasons (dont know if you have or not...just saying)?

I know, i know, if i dont want to know, dont read the thread...but I want to discuss the current season...

sorry for ranting...but the intensity of this show is just too great!

This is the first season of 24 i have seen and i love it.  At some point I wll go and rent the first 3(?).  All I ask is that, if at all possible, could you try to not give away things from previous seasons (dont know if you have or not...just saying)? 

I know, i know, if i dont want to know, dont read the thread...but I want to discuss the current season...

sorry for ranting...but the intensity of this show is just too great!

203320[/snapback]

JimBob - Don't bother with seasons tewo and three, they were only so so . Season one had to be some of the best television that I have ever seen. Do yourself a favor and rent it. I gaurantee you will wtach the whole thing in one weekend.

Great Avatar by the way.