What is it with the Eagles and their former/current coaches?

C-Man

Why do I have to hear about former coach Andy Reid and new coach Chip Kelly every time I go to SI.com, NFL.com or an ESPN show?

While I sympathize with Reid with the loss of his son, I don't get the circus that followed him and that loser team for the past few years. Chip Kelly? No national title and the former head of an organization getting hung out to dry when he leaves town. He hasn't proven jack and I see this "Mad Scientist" type stuff.

Not sure if Carroll got this much love - at least he coached in the NFL before.

Between the Chiefs, Eagles, and the 49'ers (I will throw them into the mix as well) the media coverage of the NFL makes me want to vomit. I am not looking for any more attention for the Bills as they don't deserve to grab headlines after the way we have played for the past 13 years.

If I have to turn on ESPN one more time to see yet another "on location" story from any one of these franchises I will scream. I live in Connecticut and the press around the Giants isn't this heavy.

They give the people what they want and the people want crap. They want it smushed in their and filling their nostrils. They want it smeared on their bodies. So they keep going to these sites and then cry about how terrible they are which is exactly what those sites want. They don't care if you hate them if you keep coming back.

Edited by jeremy2020

They give the people what they want and the people want crap. They want it smushed in their and filling their nostrils. They want it smeared on their bodies. So they keep going to these sites and then cry about how terrible they are which is exactly what those sites want. They don't care if you hate them if you keep coming back.

and as an example of this, just look back to the tebow-fest of last off-season. piles and piles everywhere you went.

and as an example of this, just look back to the tebow-fest of last off-season. piles and piles everywhere you went.

Who can forget that classic video of Tebow running with his shirt off in the rain at the start of camp. It was played endlessly. I kept thinking I was watching a really bad episode of Baywatch.

I'll give ESPN credit. This time. While they have been guilty of covering the Eagles this offseason, I dont think Ive seen as many Buffalo stories on this station in the last 10 offseasons combined. They've been covering our Rookie OTAs and have been talking up/about Manuel a ton. They even ran a story about our QBs and the fact that Jackson actually took 1st team snaps today. Not to mention, with the Bruins comeback last night, they've been replaying the Bills comeback all day. Even had Polian on for an interview earlier. Lots of Bills/Manuel talk so far.

NFLN on the other hand, has no excuse. They are supposed to be a PR machine for the entire league, and they are worse at only focusing on the big markets than even ESPN!

They give the people what they want and the people want crap. They want it smushed in their and filling their nostrils. They want it smeared on their bodies.

Wow, it got hot in here all if a sudden. Someone open a window.

Entire segment dedicated to the Comeback on NFL Live (ESPN2) right now. Bruce, Jim, Marv, etc.

Back from commercial and right into a Bills OTA report.

Just sayin.

It's obvious that QBs are king in this league, and since we have "the" rookie QB, we're relevant right now. Weird how that works, aint it, Ralph?!?

I'll give ESPN credit. This time. While they have been guilty of covering the Eagles this offseason, I dont think Ive seen as many Buffalo stories on this station in the last 10 offseasons combined. They've been covering our Rookie OTAs and have been talking up/about Manuel a ton. They even ran a story about our QBs and the fact that Jackson actually took 1st team snaps today. Not to mention, with the Bruins comeback last night, they've been replaying the Bills comeback all day. Even had Polian on for an interview earlier. Lots of Bills/Manuel talk so far.

NFLN on the other hand, has no excuse. They are supposed to be a PR machine for the entire league, and they are worse at only focusing on the big markets than even ESPN!

Of course, the news that Jackson took 1st team snaps was met with obvious sarcasm.. the man said something like "The Bills spent money on Kevin Kolb, went out and drafted Manuel in the 1st round, so naturally they give Tarvaris Jackson 1st team reps." :doh:

The problem is, ESPN and NFLN cater to the interests of their viewers, and the Bills aren't exactly hot news for everyone around the league. However I do agree with you that ESPN is spending more time analyzing the Bills this offseason, which is something I've been looking forward to for quite some time. It's a refreshing change.

Of course, the news that Jackson took 1st team snaps was met with obvious sarcasm.. the man said something like "The Bills spent money on Kevin Kolb, went out and drafted Manuel in the 1st round, so naturally they give Tarvaris Jackson 1st team reps." :doh:

The problem is, ESPN and NFLN cater to the interests of their viewers, and the Bills aren't exactly hot news for everyone around the league. However I do agree with you that ESPN is spending more time analyzing the Bills this offseason, which is something I've been looking forward to for quite some time. It's a refreshing change.

Haha, of course. :P I usually feel it's all in good fun from Trey Wingo. He typically tries to be as positive as possible when discussing the Bills. Doesnt just laugh and dismiss us like some of the former players do.

How did you not mention the Cowboys or Jets who prob get more coverage then every other team combined

I understand the Chip Kelly infatuation though since he brings a lot of excitement to the game but is also an unknown at the NFL level

ESPN is a joke with too many personalities constantly arguing and reporting way too much about players twitter activity instead of actually what's going on in sports. It's like when MTV stopped playing videos

Edited by Max997

Who can forget that classic video of Tebow running with his shirt off in the rain at the start of camp. It was played endlessly. I kept thinking I was watching a really bad episode of Baywatch.

In Tebow's case, I think survivor: new jersey would be a better comparison.

Edited by The Wiz

• 5 weeks later...

The NFL -- and now its crappy TV/PR network - has for decades been highly biased towards the NFC East. And there is also a long standing bias against teams from the AFL and the AAFC. I'll give you an example: For ten straight years, Paul Brown had his team in the championship game, winning five of them, including winning the Browns first year in the NFL. But if you watch the NFL network, you could be forgiven for thinking Vince Lombardi was the dominant coach of all time, and that the "greatest football games" ever played in the 1950s featured no other teams but the Giants, Green Bay and Philadelphia, with maybe the Cleveland/Los Angeles Rams thrown in occasionally with Da Bears.

Why do I have to hear about former coach Andy Reid and new coach Chip Kelly every time I go to SI.com, NFL.com or an ESPN show?

While I sympathize with Reid with the loss of his son, I don't get the circus that followed him and that loser team for the past few years. Chip Kelly? No national title and the former head of an organization getting hung out to dry when he leaves town. He hasn't proven jack and I see this "Mad Scientist" type stuff.

Not sure if Carroll got this much love - at least he coached in the NFL before.

Between the Chiefs, Eagles, and the 49'ers (I will throw them into the mix as well) the media coverage of the NFL makes me want to vomit. I am not looking for any more attention for the Bills as they don't deserve to grab headlines after the way we have played for the past 13 years.

If I have to turn on ESPN one more time to see yet another "on location" story from any one of these franchises I will scream. I live in Connecticut and the press around the Giants isn't this heavy.

Privately owned media like ESPN is a for-profit business, not an equal opportunity news outlet. Therefore everything ESPN does is for ratings; they report stories, create rumors, and add hype all to boost numbers, followers, and money.

Even if the Bills were a winning team, their air time would still be short of that for GB, NE, NY, DAL, etc. purely based on popularity.

Edited by ctk232