Buddy Nix Steps Down as GM

The roster is much better today than it was when he took over

All four first round picks appear to be solid

There is no evidence to support your first statement; in fact, the available evidence is to the contrary.

Your second statement is simply false. Gilmore appears to be solid, but it's only been one year. Dareus has been a serious disappointment, so far, given where he was picked in the draft and the wild success of the players chosen 6 or 7 picks later. Not saying that he will never be a good player, but so far, he has not lived up to expectations. There is no basis whatsoever to say Manuel is a solid pick. He might turn out to be great, or he might turn out to be Jamarcus Russell 2.0. Those of us who think Buddy was a failure as GM are not "haters"; I prefer the term "realist".

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy just said that if he "were to quit cold turkey, that the next event might not be a good one" so he's thankful the organization is letting him continue to work.

In my business the average death follows retirement by 3 years.

I caught that too. It's very true, and why my grandfather continued working until the morning of his death at 91. He had watched all of his friends retire, fall apart, and then pass within years of retiring. Some even within months.

Makes ya think...

What is to be lost?

It's odd that the announcements are not part and parcel.

That said, if I'm wagering I'm saying Whaley is the man.

Based on the first two minutes of the presser, it sounds to me like it was Buddy's decision.

Credibility? I guess? But I don't really believe much these guys say anyhow. Brandon got up there said the roster has MUCH more talent on it now

than when Buddy started, so he lost me right there.

Credibility? I guess? But I don't really believe much these guys say anyhow. Brandon got up there said the roster has MUCH more talent on it now

than when Buddy started, so he lost me right there.

Any Executive worth a damn would happily trade "credibility with the fans" for "better negotiating positions" and "internal company stability".

Brandon was specifically asked by JW if it's gonna be Whaley to which Brandon replied:

"Well we have a plan John and we're gonna execute that plan…. but as you just mentioned eloquently today is about Buddy and when I'm ready to address the other situation at some point we'll be sitting out here again together and we'll go through that process but um, I'm not gonna do that today or anytime in the very near future."

http://nfl.si.com/2013/05/13/buddy-nix-steps-down-as-bills-gm/?xid=nl_siextra

That move comes a little more than two weeks after Buffalo made waves during Round 1 of the 2013 NFL Draft by trading down and then selecting QB E.J. Manuel from Florida State. The timing of Nix’s decision (perhaps a forced one) to adjust his responsibilities indicates that Whaley likely played a significant part in the Bills’ draft-day dealings.

Brandon was specifically asked by JW if it's gonna be Whaley to which Brandon replied:

"Well we have a plan John and we're gonna execute that plan…. but as you just mentioned eloquently today is about Buddy and when I'm ready to address the other situation at some point we'll be sitting out here again together and we'll go through that process but um, I'm not gonna do that today or anytime in the very near future."

So we can safely expect an announcement within 16 days.

RALPH IS BACK!! :thumbsup:

haha, so basically, if I have my Brandon filter on correctly, it's Whaley.

Buddy just said that if he "were to quit cold turkey, that the next event might not be a good one" so he's thankful the organization is letting him continue to work.

In my business the average death follows retirement by 3 years.

Are you a cop? A cop friend of mine told me that stat.

Any Executive worth a damn would happily trade "credibility with the fans" for "better negotiating positions" and "internal company stability".

LOL. Right. If you think ANYONE in any NFL office cares whether Buddy Nix is with the Bills or not, you're delusional.

EdIT:

LOL. Right. If you think ANYONE in any NFL office cares whether Buddy Nix is with the Bills or not, you're delusional.

EdIT:

Why would you waste your time negotiating with a guy who you know is on his way out?

I dont think anyone cares that much about Buddy Nix specifically. But there tends to be a good deal of ego and power trips in any and every deal made around the NFL. If you aint got cache, you aint got nothin.

Edited by DrDareustein

Credibility? I guess? But I don't really believe much these guys say anyhow.

Credibility?

Do you question a person's credibility when they've bluffed you out of a pot during a poker game?

Do you question Bill Belichick's credibility?

Do you understand that the NFL is a high-stakes competition played out every day?

What exactly are you whining about?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Thanks to Buddy for a job well done. He has INDEED left this team in vastly better shape then he inherited it.

If Whaley steps in as expected then I think we are in great hands. I fully expeted this move to be made before training camp and my feeling is that negotiations are close with Byrd and Buddy wanted to allow Whaley to have that first bit of business on his watch.

Great job One Bills Drive.....

There is no evidence to support your first statement; in fact, the available evidence is to the contrary.

Your second statement is simply false. Gilmore appears to be solid, but it's only been one year. Dareus has been a serious disappointment, so far, given where he was picked in the draft and the wild success of the players chosen 6 or 7 picks later. Not saying that he will never be a good player, but so far, he has not lived up to expectations. There is no basis whatsoever to say Manuel is a solid pick. He might turn out to be great, or he might turn out to be Jamarcus Russell 2.0. Those of us who think Buddy was a failure as GM are not "haters"; I prefer the term "realist".

I prefer the term misguided. No question that this team is better talent wise than the team that Nix inherited. Anyone who takes a look at today's roster compared to when Nix took over can see that.

on sirius

"kiko - -- - 6'3 1/2", and he can run, the old mike liknebacker that set there and played from c to c is probably you're not going to be in there very much, we wanted a 3 down backer who can cover, and watching him today he gets his hand on the balls, and gets a lot of groundi think he's going to be a very good player"

they looked at every QB in the last few years of drafts to find the best

nix will not live in buffalo. he will have free time. everyone works hard, he has a 24/7 job. he will be at camp and e v a l college or pro or whatever they want. be able to do other stuff besides this. his grandkids - 9 yr old grandson has a party this weekend it will be his first trip.

he cannot select whaley to replace him only recomend, russ brandon is going to choose the next one

more sirius

i do not want to make decisions, i have been doing that. they'll get an opinion if they ask, if i can go see players behind the scene, i'd love to do that

rookies

its exciting, ej is everything andm ore then we thought, physical talent

robert woods is we thoguht he was the most nfl ready. he did that all 3 days

goodwin might be the fastest guy, you might say deion ran better time or chris johnson, watching him on the firld, he might be the fastest i've ever seen

"it should be exciting"

"we left out a few guys, we went so so or below, not to knock anyone, smith,johnson graham, not a lot of depth or prooven, we've added speed, that be good now. dariekckckckckckckck rodgers, football grade 2nd or third round. he is a good player, we've had a good understanding, talked to him before bringing him here. marone talking to him, knows what to do expect where he stands good room with recieverrs. they'll keep him straight. unlike DrD, who is not, and wears a dress"

pretty much quoting everything Nix said.

on sirius

"kiko - -- - 6'3 1/2", and he can run, the old mike liknebacker that set there and played from c to c is probably you're not going to be in there very much, we wanted a 3 down backer who can cover, and watching him today he gets his hand on the balls, and gets a lot of groundi think he's going to be a very good player"

they looked at every QB in the last few years of drafts to find the best

nix will not live in buffalo. he will have free time. everyone works hard, he has a 24/7 job. he will be at camp and e v a l college or pro or whatever they want. be able to do other stuff besides this. his grandkids - 9 yr old grandson has a party this weekend it will be his first trip.

he cannot select whaley to replace him only recomend, russ brandon is going to choose the next one

more sirius

i do not want to make decisions, i have been doing that. they'll get an opinion if they ask, if i can go see players behind the scene, i'd love to do that

rookies

its exciting, ej is everything andm ore then we thought, physical talent

robert woods is we thoguht he was the most nfl ready. he did that all 3 days

goodwin might be the fastest guy, you might say deion ran better time or chris johnson, watching him on the firld, he might be the fastest i've ever seen

"it should be exciting"

"we left out a few guys, we went so so or below, not to knock anyone, smith,johnson graham, not a lot of depth or prooven, we've added speed, that be good now. dariekckckckckckckck rodgers, football grade 2nd or third round. he is a good player, we've had a good understanding, talked to him before bringing him here. marone talking to him, knows what to do expect where he stands good room with recieverrs. they'll keep him straight. unlike DrD, who is not, and wears a dress"

pretty much quoting everything Nix said.

thanks for taking the dictation. Interesting comments from Nix on his- HEY WAIT JUST A MINUTE!