9 breakout candidates (according to one NFL writer)

Writers can write whatever they want and so will be praised or criticized not usually on what they wrote but on whether readers agree with writer but Dareus gets a mention:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000168285/article/trent-richardson-delanie-walker-among-breakout-candidates

7) Marcell Dareus, DT, Buffalo Bills: I thought the Bills would field the best defensive line in football last season. I was wrong on so many levels. But there were extenuating circumstances, from injury to tragedy.

Dareus' brother was killed in a triple-homicide in September. Understandably, he never seemed the same.

New Bills coach Doug Marrone made an astute hire by appointing Mike Pettine to be his defensive coordinator. Pettine worked wonders last season with New York Jets DL Muhammad Wilkerson. I think Dareus will dominate and anchor a turnaround for the Bills up front.

Dareus has showed flashes over the last two years, but nothing to say that he was 100% worth the 3rd overall pick. He is a big, strong, athletic guy with a good head on his shoulders and, seemingly, a desire to be better. While that isn't necessarily a recipe for success, it sure is some required ingredients. Having a more ingenuitive DC should help a guy like Dareus to play up to his potential by challenging him and putting more onus on him to anchor the line like he should. If I was an NFL beat writer, I'd say the absolute same. Dareus should be a break out player.

At that first OTA or minicamp or whatever it was reported that first team reps had Dareus at nose tackle with Branch at DE. It confused me some because I thought part of the reason for signing Branch was to put him on the nose and allow Dareus to play his natural DE position he played in college. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't see Marcel as a space-clogging NT, but more an athletic penetrating lineman. I wonder if playing out of position might hurt his chances for a breakout year.

Obviously Pettine knows what he's doing a whole lot better than I do, I'm just wondering what thoughts are out there.

At that first OTA or minicamp or whatever it was reported that first team reps had Dareus at nose tackle with Branch at DE. It confused me some because I thought part of the reason for signing Branch was to put him on the nose and allow Dareus to play his natural DE position he played in college. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't see Marcel as a space-clogging NT, but more an athletic penetrating lineman. I wonder if playing out of position might hurt his chances for a breakout year.

Obviously Pettine knows what he's doing a whole lot better than I do, I'm just wondering what thoughts are out there.

After Kyle got hurt two years ago Marcell took over at NT and really played well. Definitely better than he looked all of last season.

put up or shut up Marcel. I'm getting tired of folks telling me how great this defensive line is going to be. Proof is in the pudding.

Dammit, I kept clicking and clicking and clicking, only to discover that's not a link and just a poorly conceived opinion of yours.

I think that it could be a break out year for Dareus. However, I think we are going to see McKelvin really show something new on defense this year, too.

I really do not buy in to the Dareus thing, too much. Who is this guy anyway, the author? NFL writer? Yeah... that's no Bleacher Report.

I think Dareus will at the very least return to where he was towards the end of his rookie year a very good defensive linemen. But what I hope is he breaks out to be a dominant player though. He needs to develop into the anchor for the defensive line, if him and Kyle put together good seasons and Branch and Carrington make solid contributions we could be looking at a really good front 7.

My only concern is depth we go 4 deep on the D-line, I would really like to see the Bills bring in a vet NT or DE to add some depth to the D-line. And of course MLB seems like they should at the very least add some depth there a guy like Dansby would be ideal as I think he would be a starter but even a guy like Bart Scott could at least be a backup.