British pub in NYC violates civil rights by hiring a British bartender

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's it Rk. Let it out. Just let the hate out. Does that feel better now?

Only in your twisted liberal world would saying "you get what you asked for" qualify as "hate."

Edited by RkFast

What RkFast said.... (I take this position fully acknowledging the possibility that I may be cast in the light of a "hater" by the left-o-center wing nuts who occasionally raise their heads here.)

Nothing like an extortion racket masquerading as a government agency trying to raise revenue to justify their jobs.

Yup. Only difference between this and the mob protection money they would have paid a generation ago is now they just close your business instead of breaking your kneecaps if you don't play ball.

But what's more pathetic than the criminals running the scam are the idiots (Bigfatbillsfan being the convenient example in this thread) who think it's totally fine.

Yup. Only difference between this and the mob protection money they would have paid a generation ago is now they just close your business instead of breaking your kneecaps if you don't play ball.

But what's more pathetic than the criminals running the scam are the idiots (Bigfatbillsfan being the convenient example in this thread) who think it's totally fine.

And the same idiots would likely be back here trying to explaining how you can't have a successful soul food restaurant with a bunch of crackers working behind the bar.

Only in your twisted liberal world would saying "you get what you asked for" qualify as "hate."

What RkFast said.... (I take this position fully acknowledging the possibility that I may be cast in the light of a "hater" by the left-o-center wing nuts who occasionally raise their heads here.)

And the same idiots would likely be back here trying to explaining how you can't have a successful soul food restaurant with a bunch of crackers working behind the bar.

That's it guys. Get it all out. Let all the feelings out. You can tell yourself it isn't hate. This is a safe place.

So are you ok with legal extortion? What's not to hate in this story.

What I see here is a bar fighting an unfair decision. These are the kinds of hiccups you're going to see in a society where we are trying to ensure equal rights. They want the bar settle now because they know a judge isn't going to enforce their fine. The bar is doing the right thing. This is how the system works.

This is a fine, not extortion. Only in KD's wacked out mind does a fine equate with being dragged out back by a bunch of thugs and having your kneecaps broken. Is the city running an extortion racket by enforcing a fine on people who speed?

What I see here is a bar fighting an unfair decision. These are the kinds of hiccups you're going to see in a society where we are trying to ensure equal rights.

The problem is you see them fighting an unfair decision and the real world sees them forcing a company to either hand over some cash or waste time and money fighting a stupid decision by a lazy government employee trying to justify their salary.

Maybe the state should use this in the "NY is open for business" ads they've been running.

"Come to NY. We'll only shake you down $2500 at a time."

What I see here is a bar fighting an unfair decision. These are the kinds of hiccups you're going to see in a society where we are trying to ensure equal rights. They want the bar settle now because they know a judge isn't going to enforce their fine. The bar is doing the right thing. This is how the system works.

This is a fine, not extortion. Only in KD's wacked out mind does a fine equate with being dragged out back by a bunch of thugs and having your kneecaps broken. Is the city running an extortion racket by enforcing a fine on people who speed?

Actually I didn't equate those two things; that's where I drew the distinction. Reading Is Fundamental!

The fact that you have no problem with this 'system' as it exists and consider it reasonable and fair for a small business owner who did nothing wrong to be forced to waste time and money defending himself (or just surrender and pay the extortion) against a huge government with near limitless resources (a government the business owner is paying for by the way) shows that a) you've never been within miles of operating a business and seeing this sort of nonsense that comes out of dozens of state government agencies, and b) you're just an idiot.

It must be close to time for another “Why aren’t businesses creating more jobs?!?” thread.

Actually I didn't equate those two things; that's where I drew the distinction. Reading Is Fundamental!

The fact that you have no problem with this 'system' as it exists and consider it reasonable and fair for a small business owner who did nothing wrong to be forced to waste time and money defending himself (or just surrender and pay the extortion) against a huge government with near limitless resources (a government the business owner is paying for by the way) shows that a) you've never been within miles of operating a business and seeing this sort of nonsense that comes out of dozens of state government agencies, and b) you're just an idiot.

It must be close to time for another “Why aren’t businesses creating more jobs?!?” thread.

I read what you said again, and my assertion still stands. Only in you wacked out mind does paying a fine equate with having your kneecaps broken. And the fact that you think the government is going to spend it's "almost limitless resources" to collect a 25 hundred dollar fine proves that you a) have no idea how that system works, and b) you are an idiot.

Only in you wacked out mind does paying a fine equate with having your kneecaps broken.

And only in your wacked out mind does the idea of shaking down a small-time pub in NYC for $2500 for no good reason seem like a perfectly okay thing to do.

There is no truly justifiable reason to do this beyond the fact that some fat-ass overpaid NYS government desk jockey -- who spends his time surfing Craigs List -- has found a way to make himself seem somewhat relevant.