British pub in NYC violates civil rights by hiring a British bartender

And only in your wacked out mind does the idea of shaking down a small-time pub in NYC for $2500 for no good reason seem like a perfectly okay thing to do.

There is no truly justifiable reason to do this beyond the fact that some fat-ass overpaid NYS government desk jockey -- who spends his time surfing Craigs List -- has found a way to make himself seem somewhat relevant.

We can tell how well you were paying attention while reading this article since you don't even know that this "fat-ass overpaid NYS government desk jockey" was female. Yet you expect to be taken seriously when you claim that this is some sort of government shakedown. You guys are really attached to this "government extortion" thing.

I need to come here more often. You guys are always worth a laugh.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We can tell how well you were paying attention while reading this article since you don't even know that this "fat-ass overpaid NYS government desk jockey" was female. Yet you expect to be taken seriously when you claim that this is some sort of government shakedown. You guys are really attached to this "government extortion" thing.

Please do, we are always looking for "fresh meat". I guess in this case, since most Obama supporters are in hiding, idiots here are in a little bit of a shorter supply.

We can tell how well you were paying attention while reading this article since you don't even know that this "fat-ass overpaid NYS government desk jockey" was female.

Oh, okay. That changes things completely. I'm sure LA's will man up and admit he's wrong now.

Oh, it was a female? Well, someone grab some bacon and have it with the egg on my face. Totally didn't see that coming. The fact that it was a female COMPLETELY changes my point.

Wait. No, it doesn't.

Jesus. If your mind could cross a finish line, it would actually get hugged by a retard.

Please do, we are always looking for "fresh meat". I guess in this case, since most Obama supporters are in hiding, idiots here are in a little bit of a shorter supply.

Normally I just ignore you dumb ass. But this is just funny as hell. You really buy that ****? Obama supporters are in hiding? If someone isn't posting in here for a while it's most likely due to the fact that they're living their life in the real world. You know, we have kids, jobs. Some of us work full time while going to school and raising a family. We just don't have time to spend all day on a message board listening to arrogant idiots like you and Tom. I'm sorry that your life is so boring and apathetic that you have live it by proxy on a message board.

Oh, it was a female? Well, someone grab some bacon and have it with the egg on my face. Totally didn't see that coming. The fact that it was a female COMPLETELY changes my point.

Wait. No, it doesn't.

Jesus. If your mind could cross a finish line, it would actually get hugged by a retard.

No, it doesn't change your point, which was stupid anyways. It just proves that you don't even bother to pay attention to what you're reading. But I think I like this new conspiracy theory you're asserting. So besides gaining power by getting everyone hooked on food stamps and government assistance, the government is also running an extortion racket.

Normally I just ignore you dumb ass. But this is just funny as hell. You really buy that ****? Obama supporters are in hiding? If someone isn't posting in here for a while it's most likely due to the fact that they're living their life in the real world. You know, we have kids, jobs. Some of us work full time while going to school and raising a family. We just don't have time to spend all day on a message board listening to arrogant idiots like you and Tom. I'm sorry that your life is so boring and apathetic that you have live it by proxy on a message board.

No, it doesn't change your point, which was stupid anyways. It just proves that you don't even bother to pay attention to what you're reading. But I think I like this new conspiracy theory you're asserting. So besides gaining power by getting everyone hooked on food stamps and government assistance, the government is also running an extortion racket.

Yes, many of the posters on this board who are Obama supporters are in hiding. They are ashamed with his incompetence and duplicity. The fact that you are such an ardent supporter after all he has done and not done, tells us that you not only have little character, but your intelligence is wanting. Tell me, how can you support a president who:

1. Failed to protect his own diplomat, went to sleep as he was being attacked, then went out of his way to conceal what actually happened and lied to the public for political gain.

2. Turned down the ability to be flexible with the Sequester cuts and encouraged the government to make them as painful as possible.

3. Allow weapons to be freely and illegally transported to Mexican drug cartels, go to great lengths to cover it up and then have the chutzpah to make a speech to Mexican citizens blaming U.S. policy, not his illegal activity as the reason for their gun violence.

At least he has the budget and deficit under control.

BTW, women can be fat asses too.

Tell me what I am missing from the story beyond what I read, which is that a NYS employee sits at a computer looking for companies who allegedly violate a revenue-rich, time-wasting bureaucratic law created so the lazy fatsasses of the world have a pocketed excuse for why they are consistently unable to get a half-way decent job.

You know I'm right, or you'd have something to offer beyond the latest liberal meme, which starts with the words "conspiracy theory" and ultimately leads to you explaining how you're a former Republican who finds the party extreme and wishes Jon Huntsman got more votes.

If you don't feel this is a shakedown by the government that's ok, that's your opinion. However if you've formulated that opinion what was it based on? What exactly did the pub do wrong to deserve this crime?

Edited by Chef Jim

I read what you said again, and my assertion still stands. Only in you wacked out mind does paying a fine equate with having your kneecaps broken. And the fact that you think the government is going to spend it's "almost limitless resources" to collect a 25 hundred dollar fine proves that you a) have no idea how that system works, and b) you are an idiot.

So you've read it twice and still can't comprehend when something is described as the same or different. Hell, I even used the word DIFFERENCE. :doh: So thanks for confirming you are illiterate as well as an idiot.

And thanks for confirming you can't even begin to comprehend the issue being discussed. HINT: the "almost unlimited resources" aren't just for this one $2500 case. But I'm sure the concept of resources allocation doesn't come into play too often in whatever tiny little work you occupy from 9-5 each day.

Fresh meat? Isn't this retard just connor or molson or one of the other clowns that changes their name every six months after the embarrassment becomes too much to take?

Edited by KD in CT

So you've read it twice and still can't comprehend when something is described as the same or different. Hell, I even used the word DIFFERENCE. :doh: So thanks for confirming you are illiterate as well as an idiot.

And thanks for confirming you can't even begin to comprehend the issue being discussed. HINT: the "almost unlimited resources" aren't just for this one $2500 case. But I'm sure the concept of resources allocation doesn't come into play too often in whatever tiny little work you occupy from 9-5 each day.

Fresh meat? Isn't this retard just connor or molson or one of the other clowns that changes their name every six months after the embarrassment becomes too much to take?

No, he's his own clown. He'll hang around the board for awhile making a fool of himself and then disappear for a long stretch of time. He doesn't have much of a sense of humor and gets his panties all in a wad far too easily. I sort of treat him as my own little sock puppet.

post-9928-0-50959500-1367859742.jpg

Ok, lets see if we can break this down into simple kindergarten terms so that you can understand you claim better. If a person is extorting another person they are using their office to try to obtain money or some other thing of value for personal gain. It's usually done with the threat of physical harm or the destruction of your personal standing.

If this woman was going to the bar and saying pay me x amount of dollars or I'll use the weight of my office to fine you, that would be extortion. A fine is a sum of money imposed for an offense or dereliction. Do you see the difference? So yes claiming that the end game of this "government extortion" is a fine is to equate it to the physical or personal damage done to a person who has been the victim or extortion.

A fine is not extortion. The reason for the fine in this case is unfounded and will be overturned on appeal. There's another difference between a fine and extortion. If someone is extorting money from you, you don't have recourse.

Do you understand now? No?

And I really don't know what you're trying to get at with resource allocation. What, Obama and friends are going to launch a complete takeover or the nation starting with fining a bar?

No, he's his own clown. He'll hang around the board for awhile making a fool of himself and then disappear for a long stretch of time. He doesn't have much of a sense of humor and gets his panties all in a wad far too easily. I sort of treat him as my own little sock puppet.

While I'm sure that the idea of shoving your hand up another man's ass is gives you a hard-on I'm not your sock puppet. Most of the time I just ignore your stupid crap. When I'm not on for long stretches chances are I'm living in the real world, working, taking care of my family, working on papers for school... I'm sorry that your life is so empty that this place is the only thing you have for human contact.

Ok, lets see if we can break this down into simple kindergarten terms so that you can understand you claim better. If a person is extorting another person they are using their office to try to obtain money or some other thing of value for personal gain. It's usually done with the threat of physical harm or the destruction of your personal standing.

If this woman was going to the bar and saying pay me x amount of dollars or I'll use the weight of my office to fine you, that would be extortion. A fine is a sum of money imposed for an offense or dereliction. Do you see the difference? So yes claiming that the end game of this "government extortion" is a fine is to equate it to the physical or personal damage done to a person who has been the victim or extortion.

A fine is not extortion. The reason for the fine in this case is unfounded and will be overturned on appeal. There's another difference between a fine and extortion. If someone is extorting money from you, you don't have recourse.

And I really don't know what you're trying to get at with resource allocation. What, Obama and friends are going to launch a complete takeover or the nation starting with fining a bar?

While I'm sure that the idea of shoving your hand up another man's ass is gives you a hard-on I'm not your sock puppet. Most of the time I just ignore your stupid crap. When I'm not on for long stretches chances are I'm living in the real world, working, taking care of my family, working on papers for school... I'm sorry that your life is so empty that this place is the only thing you have for human contact.

You're repeating yourself. Furthermore, who gave you permission to leave the drawer?

Look, we get it. The problem with this world is that it isn't fair.

But while regular adults learn how to successfully navigate their way in an unfair world, there will always be that special group convinced it can MAKE things more fair by hitting successful people where it hurts. Don't like a successful British bar hiring British people? Fine them. Don't like someone saving too much money? Fine them. Don't have enough minorities on payroll? Fine them. Think it's unfair that some people with money die before then spend it all? Fine them.

The reason this topic is lost on people like yourself is because you are either unable to grasp how individual success works, or too lazy to make it work for you. So folks like you find it easier to follow those intent on evening the playing field. Everyone gets a medal. Everything is better when you don't keep score.

You are the takers, and you elect those who will legislate fairness so you don't have to try harder. So it's no wonder you see a fine where others see legislated extortion.

Check, check and check. By your own definition its extortion. Mainly because you defined extortion and the act of levying a fine clumsily, but the point stands.

You're forgetting the aspect where the government official applies pressure by suggesting that accused settle now for a smaller sum rather than go to court at great expense and possibly greater penalty than the original settlement offer. In effect the system is set up that by choosing to defend yourself on principle you will almost certainly incur greater expense than were you to settle the matter with a lump sum. If you're accused, one way or another you pay up or they shut you down. Your recourse is either to pay several thousand now or pay even more later.

So only individuals can commit extortion? Good grief, you are dumber than toast.

And yes, a "fine" levied for doing absolutely nothing wrong, paid under threat of even more serious financial consequences, is extortion.

So only individuals can commit extortion? Good grief, you are dumber than toast.

And yes, a "fine" levied for doing absolutely nothing wrong, paid under threat of even more serious financial consequences, is extortion.

Check, check and check. By your own definition its extortion. Mainly because you defined extortion and the act of levying a fine clumsily, but the point stands.

You're forgetting the aspect where the government official applies pressure by suggesting that accused settle now for a smaller sum rather than go to court at great expense and possibly greater penalty than the original settlement offer. In effect the system is set up that by choosing to defend yourself on principle you will almost certainly incur greater expense than were you to settle the matter with a lump sum. If you're accused, one way or another you pay up or they shut you down. Your recourse is either to pay several thousand now or pay even more later.

Much like a Fox News anchor you guys seem to be under the impression that your forcefully stated opinion constitutes fact. A fine is not extortion. But please, tell me more about this government extortion racket that seems to be taking place now. I'd love to hear all about it.

Much like a Fox News anchor you guys seem to be under the impression that your forcefully stated opinion constitutes fact. A fine is not extortion. But please, tell me more about this government extortion racket that seems to be taking place now. I'd love to hear all about it.

Ok, ok we get it, it's a !@#$ing fine. Now please explain the justification for the fine......for the second time.

Ok, ok we get it, it's a !@#$ing fine. Now please explain the justification for the fine......for the second time.

It's a smaller fine for not contesting the bigger fine, commonly known as extortion.

Tell me what I am missing from the story beyond what I read, which is that a NYS employee sits at a computer looking for companies who allegedly violate a revenue-rich, time-wasting bureaucratic law created so the lazy fatsasses of the world have a pocketed excuse for why they are consistently unable to get a half-way decent job.

You missed that it's a female employee.

Therefore you're wrong.