Rico

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool!

I don't remember seeing anyone in here talk about this place.

2nd only to the late, great Crystal Beach :D  for good times back when I was a kid.

Anybody gone there in the past few years? Last time I went was around 1984.

200356[/snapback]

FUN????.....WOW!!!!!! Haven't been there since the '70s, all I remember is the Ferris Wheel.

Crystal Beach was better...but Darien Lake ultimately killed them both, I think.

Cool!

I don't remember seeing anyone in here talk about this place.

2nd only to the late, great Crystal Beach :D  for good times back when I was a kid.

Anybody gone there in the past few years? Last time I went was around 1984.

200356[/snapback]

I think once Darien Lake turned into a SixFlags, Fantasy Island went Belly up for the most part.

Oh, that, and the average number of deaths per year was around 1.5 at Fantasy Island.

HUH?

200369[/snapback]

seriously, it seemed like every summer or so, someone would get violently hurt or killed on a ride at Fantasy Island. Perhaps I'm exagerrating on the number, (ok, I am), but I know at least a couple people have had their last day of fun (or last day of anything for that matter) at the hands of Fantasy Island.

Who remembers the Magic Carpet at Crystal Beach before they ripped out the carpet ride at the end and turned it into the Magic Palace?? GREAT MEMORIES!

PS For those who don't know, Crystal Beach was closed down, bulldozed and turned into condo's sometime during the late 80's. The only thing that is left now is the pier where the Crystal Beach boat used to dock and of course the beach. :D

Great topic! I remember riding the "Devils Hole". It was a round chamber and people would stand against the wall it would start to spin and the floor would drop out, holding you on the wall with S (I'm not even going to try this one) force. I was on it one day and the kid across from me puked. It stuck on his face and covered his head... I almost pissed my self!

Jeff

Who remembers the Magic Carpet at Crystal Beach before they ripped out the carpet ride at the end and turned it into the Magic Palace??  GREAT MEMORIES!

PS For those who don't know, Crystal Beach was closed down, bulldozed and turned into condo's sometime during the late 80's. :lol:

200395[/snapback]

Nice Site

Magic Carpet was pretty rough, bounced you all over the place.

I loved them all... the Comet, Laff In The Dark, Jungleland...

though Kiddieland sucked. :D

couldn't wait to be old enough to get out of there. 0:)

My parents took me to Crystal Beach once before it got torn down, I was really young, but I remember waiting in line for the log ride and Mr. T was in line in front of us. Whenever somebody starts talking about roller coasters or amusement parks, my old man always brings up the Comet and how great it was.

Nice Site

Magic Carpet was pretty rough, bounced you all over the place.

I loved them all... the Comet, Laff In The Dark, Jungleland...

though Kiddieland sucked. 0:)

couldn't wait to be old enough to get out of there. :lol:

200414[/snapback]

Crystal Beach had the best bumper cars EVER. Huge track to go around and fast cars. Always great to slam into the poor unsuspecting soul! :D

My parents took me to Crystal Beach once before it got torn down, I was really young, but I remember waiting in line for the log ride and Mr. T was in line in front of us.  Whenever somebody starts talking about roller coasters or amusement parks, my old man always brings up the Comet and how great it was.

200419[/snapback]

The Comet lives on today. It is at the Great Escape amusement park In Lake George, NY(north of albany).

Fantasy Island has a water park now, so it's a good place to hang out with the kids on a hot summer day.

Anyone remember Glen Park in Williamsville back in the 60's? My aunt and uncle would visit on Sundays and take my sister and I there. I loved playing Skee-ball and getting the cheap gifts. On the Tea Cup ride there was always one car covered up because someone had thrown up in it. There was a nightclub there called the Inferno. We always thought that was where bad people went because the front was painted like it was on fire.

I haven't been there in years...the only thing I really remember is the Gun Fights. Well that and thinking it was right on par with the Erie County Fair.

200406[/snapback]

Used to go there as a kid alot myself. My cousin and I used to ride the roller coaster over and over and over. :D

I also remember this building that defied gravity. The table would look like it was tilted to the right, but they'd put a can on it and it'd roll left. Very weird, I still don't know how they did it. But it was cool. 0:)

CW