(OT) Fantasy Island

Rico

FUN????.....WOW!!!!!!  Haven't been there since the '70s, all I remember is the Ferris Wheel.

Crystal Beach was better...but Darien Lake ultimately killed them both, I think.

200360[/snapback]

Marineland over in the Falls, Ontario also has cut into Fantasy Island's business.

But, for my $, the one thrill park that puts all the others in the shade is Cedar Point. Hands down.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantasy Island has a water park now, so it's a good place to hang out with the kids on a hot summer day.

Anyone remember Glen Park in Williamsville back in the 60's?  My aunt and uncle would visit on Sundays and take my sister and I there.  I loved playing Skee-ball and getting the cheap gifts.  On the Tea Cup ride there was always one car covered up because someone had thrown up in it.  There was a nightclub there called the Inferno.  We always thought that was where bad people went because the front was painted like it was on fire.

200465[/snapback]

Do they still have the bumper boats? That was my favorite part...

fantasy island was a great place as a kid...i remember looking forward to school ending because the week after it let out, me and all ym cousins would go there...the western gunfights rocked, loved watching them and having the guys fall in the water and off the roofs...also, devils hole was a great ride til they tore it down...

fantasy island was a great place as a kid...i remember looking forward to school ending because the week after it let out, me and all ym cousins would go there...the western gunfights rocked, loved watching them and having the guys fall in the water and off the roofs...also, devils hole was a great ride til they tore it down...

200540[/snapback]

I do remember that now. It also had a "crooked House", Right?

Jeff

Marineland over in the Falls, Ontario also has cut into Fantasy Island's business. 

But, for my $, the one thrill park that puts all the others in the shade is Cedar Point.  Hands down.

200485[/snapback]

Marineland SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS

Way too expensive and there is one ride there that I thought I was going to fall out of...It goes up about 125 feet and the whole time your not buckled in firmly and the car is open faced, so you could stand up and just fall right out...Screw that...I was never so scared in my life, and I can handle just about anything!!

Never again !!!

Way too expensive and there is one ride there that I thought I was going to fall out of...It goes up about 125 feet and the whole time your not buckled in firmly and the car is open faced, so you could stand up and just fall right out...Screw that...I was never so scared in my life, and I can handle just about anything!!

Never again !!!

200608[/snapback]

I remember those stupid commercials for Marineland and Game Farm.

Jeff

200608[/snapback]

Sounds like the Wild Mouse at Crystal Beach. :D0:):lol:

Anyone remember Glen Park in Williamsville back in the 60's?  My aunt and uncle would visit on Sundays and take my sister and I there.  I loved playing Skee-ball and getting the cheap gifts.  On the Tea Cup ride there was always one car covered up because someone had thrown up in it.  There was a nightclub there called the Inferno.  We always thought that was where bad people went because the front was painted like it was on fire.

200465[/snapback]

I know my parents took me there when I was little, but for some reason I just can't picture the park or anything in it. I know it wasn't very big, but I would love to see some photos from when it was open. :D

I still have a Fantasy Island Deputy badge...the crooked house was great...while the Comet may be one of the best old roller coasters, the Wild Mouse always scared the sh** out of me...even the little yellow roller coaster was rough...

I remember Black Rock Day at Crystal Beach every year.

Where did the Crystal Beach Giant end up?

Nobody's mentioned Seabreeze!  Or Roseland.  Those were the parks of MY youth.

200694[/snapback]

Or what about Olympia Park?! :D:lol:

My mom, grandma, twin great aunts and myself spent many a Sunday at Roseland. They'd sit and watch the Dixieland band play all day while I ran around....I spent more time there than any other amusment park in my youth.

I know my parents took me there when I was little, but for some reason I just can't picture the park or anything in it. I know it wasn't very big, but I would love to see some photos from when it was open.

As best I recall Glen Park, being I was around 8 years old, coming from Buffalo we'd go down Main St. and take a left somewhere in Williamsville, and it was just down the road on the right, possibly near some stream. The front part that you walked in was the arcades, with Skee-ball on the left, and Fascination and The Inferno on the right. Then you'd walk downhill through the arcade area and to the left, and that's where the ticket booth and rides were. The smaller kids rides were to the left (helicopters, tanks).

Or what about Olympia Park?!  :D  :lol:

My mom, grandma, twin great aunts and myself spent many a Sunday at Roseland.  They'd sit and watch the Dixieland band play all day while I ran around....I spent more time there than any other amusment park in my youth.

200712[/snapback]

Roseland rocked. I remember the coaster was called The Comet.

I still think the Jackrabbit at Seabreeze is the best coaster around. And I have fond memories of stumbling around the Goofy House half-baked, and standing in front of the mirrors cracking up for what seemed like hours but was probably 30 seconds. :lol:

I do remember that now. It also had a "crooked House", Right?

Jeff

200581[/snapback]

My posts feel so ignored... :lol:

I also remember this building that defied gravity. The table would look like it was tilted to the right, but they'd put a can on it and it'd roll left. Very weird, I still don't know how they did it. But it was cool. smile.gif

:D

CW