How good does it feel to know that our QB wants and loves being in Buf

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ Manuel should be happy that he's in Buffalo. Going into the draft he was at-best a fourth round pick but he got picked in the first round by people who don't know what they're doing.

There's going to be a lot of money associated with this blunder that EJ is going to get.

Cynical...but cannot argue your points.

It has taken a long time for the effects of the infamous release of Smith, Reed and Thomas to dissipate. The release of those 3 long-time great players made free agent players stay away from Buffalo, and it contributed to the team's inability to re-sign some of their players.

I have to say that I am kind of wishy washy on this Manuel thing becuase I get both the good and bad points of this pick. it is all part of the drat I guess. I think I will just wait and see what happens becuase that is all I can do at this point any way.

Just so I'm clear...what, precisely, are the "bad" points regarding this pick? Don't say draft position because clearly the Bills had a 1st round grade on him, and they got two extra picks in the process. There's also been plenty of statistical evidence brought up in the last week to refute any Kiper/McShay claims EJ is inaccurate or slow to read a defense. So what are these bad points?

Man, what a strange difference it is to see a major piece of our team is being thrilled that he's playing in Buffalo. Of all of the great things that are coming to light with EJ I find this aspect being the best, that our guy is wanting and enjoying that he's a Buffalo Bill. I thought that I'd mention it and see if anyone else felt this refreshing feeling.

Go Bills!

Not to be a D but wasn't Fitz thrilled to be playing in Buffalo?

I like EJ n glad he wants to be here though

EJ Manuel should be happy that he's in Buffalo. Going into the draft he was at-best a fourth round pick but he got picked in the first round by people who don't know what they're doing.

There's going to be a lot of money associated with this blunder that EJ is going to get.

Nobody....anywhere had him as a 4th round pick. Ever....

Just so I'm clear...what, precisely, are the "bad" points regarding this pick? Don't say draft position because clearly the Bills had a 1st round grade on him, and they got two extra picks in the process. There's also been plenty of statistical evidence brought up in the last week to refute any Kiper/McShay claims EJ is inaccurate or slow to read a defense. So what are these bad points?

He's too damn tall.

he seems to say the right things, he doesn't sound like an idiot, i've watched a lot on him since the draft. gruden loved the guy, and he seems to have an intelligent mind concerning football and not someone that just hopes he can get by on pure physical skill. though it appears that he has the physical tools as well. i saw the sports science episode with him on it and was also impressed.

At best a 4th round pick? Seriously? Somebody's been watching a bit too much ESPN. He would have never made it to our second round pick. Period. End of story. The Jets or the Eagles would have taken him. Just because Mel Kiper and Todd McShay were clueless on where he would go (along with most of the rest of the draft) doesn't mean the pick was a blunder. If you can't be even a bit excited right now as a Bills fan, then what are you even doing here? Get over yourself man.

The way I see it, EJ Manuel is huge, fast, athletic, can throw, is mature and is poised to completely commit himself to being the best possible QB he can be. I don't know if he'll succeed, but I'll take my chances with that package.

The way I see it, EJ Manuel is huge, fast, athletic, can throw, is mature and is poised to completely commit himself to being the best possible QB he can be. I don't know if he'll succeed, but I'll take my chances with that package.

Amen!

It was the USFL, but yes, it was pretty bad. That ESPN show was discussed at length in another thread, but what's REALLY crazy is that if the Bills' secretary had not put the call from the USFL in to Kelly's agent, he would have signed the contract and started his career in Buffalo 3 years sooner.

Unreal.

Oops, right, USFL. And maybe not been great those 3 years and been run out of town. You just never know!

Not really thanks to the rookie cap

CBF

Oops, right, USFL. And maybe not been great those 3 years and been run out of town. You just never know!

Exactly remember Kent Hull came to Buffalo the same year as Jim and he had 2 years of USFL seasoning.

Man, what a strange difference it is to see a major piece of our team is being thrilled that he's playing in Buffalo. Of all of the great things that are coming to light with EJ I find this aspect being the best, that our guy is wanting and enjoying that he's a Buffalo Bill. I thought that I'd mention it and see if anyone else felt this refreshing feeling.

Go Bills!

Isn't this what we were saying when we drafted J P Losman? Trent Edwards? The best quarterbacks we ever had were not enamored with the idea of coming here. Jim Kelly went to the Houston Gamblers and Jack Kemp got here on a waiver screw up. We seem to have our best luck with guys who aren't necessarily in love with the place. We're Buffalo...we have to kind of grown on you.

He was a fourth round pick according to a bunch of reporters, that does not mean that was how NFL teams viewed him. He has the skill, upside and leadership to be a franchise QB for years to come and IMO would have been on another roster if we had waited until round 2. You may disagree but I am thrilled that we chose him over Geno Smith even though the "experts" would have praised our draft if we had taken him instead.

At best a 4th round pick? Seriously? Somebody's been watching a bit too much ESPN. He would have never made it to our second round pick. Period. End of story. The Jets or the Eagles would have taken him. Just because Mel Kiper and Todd McShay were clueless on where he would go (along with most of the rest of the draft) doesn't mean the pick was a blunder. If you can't be even a bit excited right now as a Bills fan, then what are you even doing here? Get over yourself man.

I guess if we went on quality of the pool of quarterbacks this year compared with others, Manuel would be a late second or early third round pick. But the fact is he is the best, in the judgement of the Bills of this draft. I like that the Bills decided he was the guy to get and that they were unwilling to take a chance on losing him. Obviously they think he is something special. I'm sincerely hoping they are right and we'll all be laughing at the ESPN crew come next year.

Revisionist historian? Is this a case of posters providing sweeping opinions so they can come back and beat their chest if their prediction comes to fruition? I definitely don't understand why anyone would anoint the Bill's draft or a specific pick as a disaster prior to rookies setting foot on the field in minicamp, training camp, or preseason. It's May and already the situation is dire, ha ha...

...Marrone is forever tied to the success of EJ Manueal.

You've got that right!

Marrone either should have selected QB Ryan Nassib in a later round or no QB at all.

Had Nix/Marrone selected Nassib they would have a QB familiar with working under Marrone and his staff. A soft of consultant-QB in Nassib. If Nassib succeeded then he gets the job going forward. If not then we find a new QB in the FA or next season draft.

Nix/Nassib selected the Franchise QB in EJ Manuel in the first round when they don't even know what kind of team they're going to have.