If true, interesting insight into why Geno Smith fell in draft

It's just comical that the Jets draft a high profile guy who is already running damage control a week after the draft. Nice to see the circus is still in town. Can't wait to see how Smith reacts to his first embarrassing NY Post back cover and/or 3 INT game.

Maybe for a bonus Dee Milliner will blow his stack because all everyone talks about is the Jets' 2d round pick.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith will be possibly the biggest bust in this draft. He's the perfect mix of Ryan Leaf, Vince Young, and Jamarcus Russell all in one. He's a whining cry baby and not a leader at all. I will enjoy watching the Jets fumble around with him another 2-4 years.

He already busted. Went from hyped consensus top 10 pick to a second rounder. At this point the expectations already must be significantly diminished.

I am curious if the draft experts are going to race to explain why they knew he'd fall despite their prediction or they'll hedge by waiting to see if he turns it around and becomes a decent player.

I am wondering if the jets had manuel over geno too and just expected him to fall

Rex should just quit now. This season is going to be a disaster. They have a shaky WR corp, with one malcontent, Santonio, any good, no TE at all, no running game unless you think Chris Ivory is going to be Curtis Martin, and one half of an OL, in a completely new system with a retread coach.

Yea, but they got "Fireman Ed". Ed can will the Jests to victory with his stupid antics. He & Buffalo's "Elvis" should duke it out.

Yea, but they got "Fireman Ed". Ed can will the Jests to victory with his stupid antics. He & Buffalo's "Elvis" should duke it out.

I think even Firemen Ed quit last year. ;)

And why do you insist on saying you're Spartacus, my friend, you're not Spartacus! :nana:

I certainly hope the Jets crash and burn, and I don't think Geno will do much, but as a Bills' fan, before I go bagging on the Jets or any other team, I want the Bills to do something, you know, like make the playoffs for the first time in an eternity. Given Buddy's crappy drafting I'm going to hold my tongue and see how this crop of draftees perform before bashing anyone else's draft acumen.

I watched the Jets into-video and two things:

1. I don't know what he did or didn't do in that video that EJ did or didn't do in his to set the two apart. I would actually appreciate some clarification here.
  2. Never thought Chris Brown could make another team 'reporter' look like amateur hour. But alas.

I certainly hope the Jets crash and burn, and I don't think Geno will do much, but as a Bills' fan, before I go bagging on the Jets or any other team, I want the Bills to do something, you know, like make the playoffs for the first time in an eternity. Given Buddy's crappy drafting I'm going to hold my tongue and see how this crop of draftees perform before bashing anyone else's draft acumen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p9vP8DjEB6Y

I watched the Jets into-video and two things:

1. I don't know what he did or didn't do in that video that EJ did or didn't do in his to set the two apart. I would actually appreciate some clarification here.

If you didn't pick up on the differences in body language between the two, then I'm not sure that any explanation is going to sink in with you.

How so? I don't see that at all. RJ tried and worked hard. He didn't seem like a me first guy. He was tough as hell (although stupid). He didn't make wild predictions of greatness. He didn't blame others.

He just wasn't very good, as his fourth round status should have indicated.

I've been searching for the interview, icant find it yet. He more or less said that he was not there for his team mates, just himself. I'll admit that its not exactly like Geno. The only point I'm trying to make is the caliber of person who is the QB, makes a difference. Being a "Franchise" QB is more than just playing Sunday's.

And if I'm wrong about RJ I'm sorry. But he has now convoluted the point I was trying to make.

If you didn't pick up on the differences in body language between the two, then I'm not sure that any explanation is going to sink in with you.

Well I 'picked up on it' just like any optimistic fan who wants his guy to succeed and our division rival's guy to fail. So, yes, with that bias, it rang loud and clear. Watching it objectively, however, and I didn't see anything overtly wrong with the way Geno conducted himself.

Ever see how Jay Cutler conducts himself?

I've been searching for the interview, icant find it yet. He more or less said that he was not there for his team mates, just himself. I'll admit that its not exactly like Geno. The only point I'm trying to make is the caliber of person who is the QB, makes a difference. Being a "Franchise" QB is more than just playing Sunday's.

Got it. Yeah I would agree totally with that. RJ didn't have the mental makeup to be a leader or face of the franchise or any of that.

I have brought this up before but everyone should have known RJ was not going to be good. Here was a guy from a major program with good coaching, his dad was even a legendary HS coach, who was big, with a cannon, and could run. Those guys fly up the draft boards every single year. It's a scouts dream. Yet RJ went down on draft boards. Wasn't taken til the fourth. It wasnt like Barkley or Nassib that had severe question marks about their skills.

Even that famous game on Jax he wasn't all that good. He threw an int. got hurt in it. Didn't throw for an extraordinary amount of yards or Tds. He was just good in it. Fitz was far better in his first game.

I rest my case.

Jay Cutler is a more-than competent quarterback. The way Geno's behavior is being talked about, it's as though fans here expect him to fail. Jay Cutler is not a failure, by any stretch of the imagination. And if you contest that he is, then you're probably among the camp who essential believes Brady, Rodgers, Brees or GTFO.

Rex should just quit now. This season is going to be a disaster. They have a shaky WR corp, with one malcontent, Santonio, any good, no TE at all, no running game unless you think Chris Ivory is going to be Curtis Martin, and one half of an OL, in a completely new system with a retread coach.

Couldn't happen to a better club (unless it's the Pasties*)

Jay Cutler is a more-than competent quarterback. The way Geno's behavior is being talked about, it's as though fans here expect him to fail. Jay Cutler is not a failure, by any stretch of the imagination. And if you contest that he is, then you're probably among the camp who essential believes Brady, Rodgers, Brees or GTFO.

Franchise QBs do not get traded. Period. Cutler will put up some good numbers, but he won't be a consistent winner. Jeff George also put up some good numbers back in the day.

Franchise QBs do not get traded. Period. Cutler will put up some good numbers, but he won't be a consistent winner. Jeff George also put up some good numbers back in the day.

Agreed. But there is grey area between "Franchise" (not Jay Cutler) and "Failure" (what Geno's video has convinced Bills fans he will someday be)

Agreed. But there is grey area between "Franchise" (not Jay Cutler) and "Failure" (what Geno's video has convinced Bills fans he will someday be)

Jumping to conclusions much?

I'm talking about the difference in appearances and first impressions. Body language says a lot, even though we're taught to ignore basic human instincts of judging character. One guy is a dynamic magnetic personality, the other guy is very aloof. Which one do you think will have a better chance of rallying his teammates? I would have totally different conclusions of the two if I were picking an accountant.