Official John Murphy Show Thread

I've noticed that there are more an more of us who have been listening to this excellent show. I think it's time that John have one central thread where we can all share feedback on what goes down. He is great at asking the questions that we, as fans, want answers to and I try not to miss any broadcasts.

As has been mentioned before, for those of you who might live outside of Blo and want to listen, download the tune-in radio app and search for John Murphy Show and/or WGR.

I'd like to start it off by asking if someone can please translate WTF Kiko Alonso said on tonight's show. I only caught the tail end of the interview, but that was plenty. I'm uneasy about this guy's criminal past, and all the mumbling and slurring of his words tonight didn't do much to make me any more optimistic about him. I hope Im wrong, but I wasn't impressed at all with what I heard tonight.

Contrast that with yesterday when he had EJ's former high school coach on for an interview. That was great and I encourage you guys to check it out on buffalobills.com

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed that there are more an more of us who have been listening to this excellent show. I think it's time that John have one central thread where we can all share feedback on what goes down. He is great at asking the questions that we, as fans, want answers to and I try not to miss any broadcasts.

As has been mentioned before, for those of you who might live outside of Blo and want to listen, download the tune-in radio app and search for John Murphy Show and/or WGR.

I'd like to start it off by asking if someone can please translate WTF Kiko Alonso said on tonight's show. I only caught the tail end of the interview, but that was plenty. I'm uneasy about this guy's criminal past, and all the mumbling and slurring of his words tonight didn't do much to make me any more optimistic about him. I hope Im wrong, but I wasn't impressed at all with what I heard tonight.

Contrast that with yesterday when he had EJ's former high school coach on for an interview. That was great and I encourage you guys to check it out on buffalobills.com

I could understand him, but subtitles would have been nice. :lol:

I could understand him, but subtitles would have been nice. :lol:

lol, that would have helped for sure

Here's a few interesting facts about Kiko Alonso that people should know to help understand him.

In spite of going to high school in the very affluent town of Los Gatos, CA, Kiko is the child of immigrant parents.

His father is a Cuban who lived in Puerto Rico and his mother is from Columbia.

As such he grew up in a house where neither parent was a native english speaker.

His real name is Kristian, a name that made him the subject of lots of teasing growing up.

People who've had life experiences like this would understand why Kiko might have had some issues growing up, not to mention his less-than-stellar speaking ability.

Here's a few interesting facts about Kiko Alonso that people should know to help understand him.

In spite of going to high school in the very affluent town of Los Gatos, CA, Kiko is the child of immigrant parents.

His father is a Cuban who lived in Puerto Rico and his mother is from Columbia.

As such he grew up in a house where neither parent was a native english speaker.

His real name is Kristian, a name that made him the subject of lots of teasing growing up.

People who've had life experiences like this would understand why Kiko might have had some issues growing up, not to mention his less-than-stellar speaking ability.

He also has a DUI and an alcohol-related theft charge, so he's going to be under a bit of a microscope until he puts some distance in there. My roommate is Cuban and I live in an area where I often communicate with non-English speaking Hispanics. It didn't come off as if he lacked command of the English language...it came off like he was feeling good. I hope that WASN'T the case, cause we need this guy to keep his head clean and produce on the field.

Kiko's audio link is up: http://forums.twobil...80#entry2801416

Good luck. :)

Nice, thanks :) I hope that we can all follow your lead and post links to the best segments as we come across them. John does a fantastic job balancing interesting interviews with news, insider opinion, and caller feedback. Every once in a while Thurman comes on, which are some of my favorite shows. We get his thoughts on the current happenings at One Bills Drive along with some great stories from our glory years.

I'm not worried about Kiko at all. I think everyone will come around when they start seeing him interviewed more frequently, and get past his "unique" speech patterns. More often then not, he's genuinely excited about the game, and it's clear he just loves to play.

I'm not worried about Kiko at all. I think everyone will come around when they start seeing him interviewed more frequently, and get past his "unique" speech patterns. More often then not, he's genuinely excited about the game, and it's clear he just loves to play.

Here's the most recent interview I could find...not sure if it makes me feel better or worse lol

As long as the kid stays out of trouble and produces, I'll be his biggest supporter. I've taken care of several victims of someone nailed with a DUI, so it's not something I make light of or disregard. As long as he learned from it and doesn't do it again, he's good in my book.

I could care how he speaks - as long as he stays out of trouble and plays like a BEAST! In fact, I'm rather excited we drafted Kiko - I'b beginning to think he might end up being the best of the players we drafted, and might end up being the 1st great linebacker in Buffalo since... Takeo Spikes? London Fletcher? It's been awhile.

Once again - the more I look at this draft the happier I am with it!

I listen to it every night as I fall asleep on the Bills mobile app. Best sports show period; John puts great questions out there for the listeners to call in and express their opinion. Like last night he asked what 2nd year player will make the biggest jump this year? That got me thinking about Zerbie Sanders, does anyone think he might be a good switch to guard?

ajzepp - thanks for starting this, I had almost started this one a few times!

The John Murphy Show is a MUST listen for any Bills fans - you'll get more insight into the team from one show that a week of reading articles (especially when Nix, Brandon or Marrone are on)!