Darcy Regier returning, not being fired

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't buy tickets, this franchise is spinning their wheels. Was a diehard for years. They fired the wrong guy!

Only way we fans can protest years and years of futility. The cleaning of this stinky house didn't go far enough. How the hell is Regier keeping his job ???? I've poured a lot of money info this franchise and I have had it with these charlatans. No more IM done with them.

Darcy needs to be shown the door for the good fans in buffalo!

I happen to think Regier is a good GM. The Sabres of the last two years were a disaster, but he is a master at the trade deadline.

I'm fine with letting him rebuild the team. My question is who will coach?

PTR

. You might be the only one!

I happen to think Regier is a good GM. The Sabres of the last two years were a disaster, but he is a master at the trade deadline.

I'm fine with letting him rebuild the team. My question is who will coach?

PTR

Why should he get another chance? He has missed the playoffs more years than not. For every good deadline deal he makes there is another one like brad boyes or raffi torres.

He has built numerous flawed teams and realized and reacted too slowly to make corrections.

Why should I have any shred of confidence that he is taking us in the right direction. Based on his record he is more likely to fail than not. I'm a die hard sabres fan but I'm done until they get a new GM.

They were just talking about how we need to be ready to suffer more well !@#$ that I've had it. If they are already preparing us for low expectations and more rebuilding years how the hell will Darcy get fired in the next few years even when they are already pushing low expectations and raising ticket prices. They can go to hell.

And don't get me started about trading the greatest player in sabres history, firing the coach of the year, the whole briere drury debacle, the way lindy got fired was even weird etc... !@#$ it as long as he is the GM I've had it.

I love the team and I want a competant GM who can build a winner.

No. I am in PTR's camp. :bag:

I kow, I know the trndy thing to to is hate on Darcy. They are close, they aren't bad. They did salvage a abysmal season by getting back to .500.

No, they are not close. They are bad. And they did not "salvage" the season by going .500. You know town expectations are low when .500 is the bar. More teams make the playoffs than those that sit out in the NHL, and we've missed them what - 7 of the last 11 years? And now we need to rebuild?

Sorry but the fans and media are right in this case. Darcy has had his shot and he failed, time to move on.

I don't know what to think any more, about Darcy.

Mike Schoop braught up a great point though (I know the disdain for Schoop)...but Darcy has been on the job for 17 years now...he is coming back for what appears to be a "rebuild". So, one would presume, he will be GM for the Sabres for 20 years, give or take...they have very little to show for it...and when they did strike lightening in a bottle, Darcy (though I realize there were other factors) blew it with the whole Briere/Drury fiasco. Seventeen years is a long time, and only one finals apperance and a Presidents...8 playoff teams in 17 seasons. That isn't great.

Edited by Buftex

Being a big sports fan in Buffalo must really suck. I'm glad I don't really care that much anymore.

. They now how to turn the fans off

Their new slogan is: "Suffering will only cost you 4% more".

I can't remember the last time I had more faith in Bills management than Sabres, but I do now.

perfect! I think the sabres are a lost group

Their new slogan is: "Suffering will only cost you 4% more".

I can't remember the last time I had more faith in Bills management than Sabres, but I do now.

Yeah, I always feel the same way...always a lot more optimistic about the team that is in their off-season as opposed the team that is action...April through July are just killer! Best time to be a Buffalo sports fan! :lol:

Sweet! That means I don't have to watch, spend time, money and emotional coinage on that piss poor excuse for a hockey team next year either! Just like this year when it was finally obvious the front office has no idea what they are doing...

No. I am in PTR's camp. :bag:

I kow, I know the trndy thing to to is hate on Darcy. They are close, they aren't bad. They did salvage a abysmal season by getting back to .500.

I think that's the problem, too often we get back to .500 or just barely make the #8 seed and get blown out in the first round. Darcy has some responsibility for that.

Despite that, who's the Coach going forward?