Lost in all of this...the horrible jersey collar is gone?

Rubes

Not sure if posted already, but it appears that, lost in all of the draft glory, that ridiculous collar on the jersey appears to be a thing of the past.

jersey.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe. I bought a Mario jersey last year when they came out. It will be my last because Nike has ruined jerseys IMHO. But anyway, it has a collar like the one in the picture. If this is one they are selling to fans, it may indeed look like this while the ones worn on the field by the players may contain the polo shirt collar. We'll see.

Rubes, I don't get your point. What has changed between last year's Nike rollout and today? I see no difference other than a SLIGHTLY smaller section of white on the collar. That doesn't fix much IMO!

Has there been any news or media chatter about a collar change? I haven't heard any.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

Ok. First of all, the pick you show is defenately different. No doubt about it. However, I think they might be the cheapos. Not the official jerseys. The collar is still there, but the neck roll look isn't. It also has the pinstripe to it with the red,white, and blue. But again, I think this is the cheapo, $35 jersey which is different.

And RedDogBlitz, I agree with you brother. I think the stupid patch of numbers on the back, and material used opposed to the mesh type reebok jerseys are absolutely horrible.

With that said, I used to want to own a home and away jersey for every single NFL team just cause I thought it would be cool. Now, I know ill never bother because they are hideous I might force myself to get some Bills jerseys but that's about it.

The collar in the picture has a much smaller/thinner white band around the collar. Contrast it with this (more hideous) one:

jersey2.jpg

Now I'm not sure, maybe you guys are right...perhaps the smaller collar is only for the cheaper jerseys, not the authentic game jerseys. I sure hope they change it.

Edited by Rubes

Imagine making it to the absolute pinnacle of your profession and...having to wear that.

No kidding. Which also sucks because I love the new jerseys otherwise.