Rain in L.A.

JLO

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived in PGH 1978 - 1999. Several times, barges broke loose and damaged bridges on the Mon and near the Point.

Whatever people may say about Pittsburgh, coming out of the Liberty Tubes and looking at downtown lit up is a sight to see.

199848[/snapback]

What are the Liberty Tubes?

Thanks

What are the Liberty Tubes?

Thanks

199861[/snapback]

PGH is VERY hilly. - almost everywhere. The Tubes are a pair of tunnels drilled through Mount Washington at the turn of the 19th century, that come from the south side of the mountain to provide access to the so-called "Point ...the downtown area of Pittsburgh at the confluence of the Allegheny river from the north and Mongahelia river from the south, forming the mouth of the Ohio River.

Other access methods are the Mongehelia and the Duquesne Inclines, which are cabled rail cars going down a 45 degree slope on the north side of the mountain. Very useful and picturesque.

Pittsburgh is a visually stunning city.

pissing rain outside here in Hollywood, has been for days. the worst ive seen it in my 7 years here.  Massive puddles everywhere. Yesterday it was coming down sideways.  Anyone else out here seeing this?

199788[/snapback]

Yep it is the worst rain and the Bills at home for the playoffs and then the damn Jets beat San Diego and The Vikes beat Green Bay this weather is right for the events

PGH is VERY hilly. - almost everywhere. The Tubes are a pair of tunnels drilled through Mount Washington at the turn of the 19th century, that come from the south side of the mountain to provide access to the so-called "Point ...the downtown area of Pittsburgh at the confluence of the Allegheny river from the north and Mongahelia river from the south, forming the mouth of the Ohio River.

Other access methods are the Mongehelia and the Duquesne Inclines, which are cabled rail cars going down a 45 degree slope on the north side of the mountain. Very useful and picturesque.

Pittsburgh is a visually stunning city.

199875[/snapback]

Very interesting, thanks for replying.

Very useful link, thank You

199946[/snapback]

This is one of the most f'ed up winter weather patterns I have ever observed ever since becoming a huge weather weenie. Good example of this.

Two days ago, Valdez AK shattered its all time January high temperature by 8F by recording a high temperature of 54F. Most of AK was at least 40F above normal. For comparison, if it was 40F above average in BUF, the temp would be 75F. The west (especially areas of SC and AZ) have been in a big time drought the last few years, so all of this precipitation is welcomed im sure. Dont worry, in a few days it will be 65 again and sunny so suck it up for 48 more hours.

I lived in PGH 1978 - 1999. Several times, barges broke loose and damaged bridges on the Mon and near the Point.

Whatever people may say about Pittsburgh, coming out of the Liberty Tubes and looking at downtown lit up is a sight to see.

199848[/snapback]

I've been all over the US and lived in Pitt for 3 years. This truly IS one of the best cityscape views in the US.

I've been all over the US and lived in Pitt for 3 years. This truly IS one of the best cityscape views in the US.

So true - and they were smart enough to add Heinz Field to the cityscape - downtown is a spectacular sight when you come through the Liberty tunnel at night during the holiday season.

hey man i am on the east coast and i just golfed yesterday :D

200041[/snapback]

I just drove by the Wilshire Country Club in Beverly Hills and sure enough there were 3 jackasses out there pulling bags. It would improve the acuracy of this sighting though I knew how to say jackass in Japanese.