RIP Larry Felser

RIP Larry

Im sad to hear of his passing. Before the internets :) all we had was local coverage. I used to live for the Monday's Sport section in the paper after Bills games. His writings were must read if you lived in the area.

After the big wins, my father would go out to a store on Sunday night that he knew already had the Monday paper!

I used to call into Monday Evening Quarterback every week... I met him in the press box at an away game and he asked me to stay and listen to the pre-game show he did with Vic Carucci... He was always so nice to me and a class act. He wrote the best Buffalo Bill articles... I looked forward to his articles and shows every week. Hell of a man... RIP Larry... There will never be another like you.

Awesome!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class guy, very helpful in presenting Bills players for the HOF consideration for many years. Met Larry at camp and he was a sports guy for sure. Loved his columns and looked forward to his post game reflections. R.I.P.

Major bummer. I loved reading Larry's column as a boy growing up. He and Vic Carrucci are Buffalo's two finest sports writers ever. May he RIP.

+1. RIP Larry. It was good to see Larry pushing to get all those super starts of the 90s into the HOF. He succeeded with most of them, just couldn't get it done with Andre.

+1. RIP Larry. It was good to see Larry pushing to get all those super starts of the 90s into the HOF. He succeeded with most of them, just couldn't get it done with Andre.

Does anyone know when Mark Gaughan took over that role from Larry?

What a nice tribute with everyone's posts. My dad worked for the Buffalo News for 44 years (1947-1991) and was good friend with Larry for over 30 years. I used to deliver his interoffice mail to him in the 80's as Dad was able to get me a job to help pay for college. I know all of you know him for his star journalism and editorials, and some from these posts knew him personally. I can tell you from being a college kid workign every summer, thanksgiving, and christmas break there, he was a class act.

I'm a little teary hearing this news. I wish his family only the best. You had a great dad, husband, grandfather.

He was a Bill through and through. Nice article from the Olean Times today.

God Bless Mr. Felser.

What a nice tribute with everyone's posts. My dad worked for the Buffalo News for 44 years (1947-1991) and was good friend with Larry for over 30 years. I used to deliver his interoffice mail to him in the 80's as Dad was able to get me a job to help pay for college. I know all of you know him for his star journalism and editorials, and some from these posts knew him personally. I can tell you from being a college kid workign every summer, thanksgiving, and christmas break there, he was a class act.

I'm a little teary hearing this news. I wish his family only the best. You had a great dad, husband, grandfather.

He was a Bill through and through. Nice article from the Olean Times today.

God Bless Mr. Felser.

Can you link the article? Is it from Lori?

Thks BBB. I finshed with Mr. Felser as my dad never let me call any of these guys by their first name when I worked there.

I think a lot of the great guys on our blog under 30 don't know what a great guy Larry was to Buffalo. I loved the post on him helping so many get into the HOF (Levy, Kelly, Thomas, Smith). We need one more Vic Carrucci. Andre deserves this more than many. So does Kent Hull.