Somehow the Bills stayed off the top 10 worst draft pick list... Agree

Mike Williams wasn't a complete bust he just wasn't that good

I don't agree with putting Janikowski on that list. I know he is a kicker but he is a weapon and is still producing 12 years later...can't ask for more out of a first round pick

John McCargo is the worst Bills first round pick of the last 25 years. Though, Maybin would be a very close second...

This reaction from a Bills fan reminds of the following.

ME: Oh my god, Buffalo cut Lee Evans.

Bears-fan colleague: Who the hell is Lee Evans?

:lol: I have had that conversation more than once....

Edited by Buftex

Worst 10 in chronological order:

2009- Maybin

2002- M. Williams

2000- E. Flowers

1982- Perry Tuttle

1981- Booker Moore

1977- Phil Dokes

1975- Tom Ruud

1973- Paul Seymour

1972- Walt Patulski

1966- Mike Dennis

Little known facts: In 1962 the Bills drafted Ernie Davis in the 1st round and in 1964 they drafted Carl Eller in the 1st round

2009- Maybin

2002- M. Williams

2000- E. Flowers

1982- Perry Tuttle

1981- Booker Moore

1977- Phil Dokes

1975- Tom Ruud

1973- Paul Seymour

1972- Walt Patulski

1966- Mike Dennis

Little known facts: In 1962 the Bills drafted Ernie Davis in the 1st round and in 1964 they drafted Carl Eller in the 1st round

Nice to see some historical perspective. I get tired of posters on this website who just started following the Bills within the last decade hurling out superlatives like "J.P. Losman is the worst Bills quarterback ever!" and the like. Oh really? You saw Bruce Mathison play and have compared and contrasted his skills to those of Losman? Now granted I only go back to about '85 myself but I am aware that there is a history of the Bills before I was alive and old enough to follow them. Reminds me of kids I worked with at my last job who thought Old School and Wedding Crashers were the best comedies ever made. Used to really piss me off. "What's Revenge of the Nerds?" "What's Spinal Tap?" "You're old." Alright, now I sould like an bitter old man and I'm only 34. Too much to drink. Goodnight.

And FWIW, McCargo was a late first rounder and yeah, he was a disappointment, but I saw the guy make a couple plays. You have to understand that there are John McCargos every year for lots of different teams. The odds of a guy drafted that late in the first round making an impact in this league are better than 50% but not by as much as you may think.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Nice to see some historical perspective. I get tired of posters on this website who just started following the Bills within the last decade hurling out superlatives like "J.P. Losman is the worst Bills quarterback ever!" and the like. Oh really? You saw Bruce Mathison play and have compared and contrasted his skills to those of Losman? Now granted I only go back to about '85 myself but I am aware that there is a history of the Bills before I was alive and old enough to follow them. Reminds me of kids I worked with at my last job who thought Old School and Wedding Crashers were the best comedies ever made. Used to really piss me off. "What's Revenge of the Nerds?" "What's Spinal Tap?" "You're old." Alright, now I sould like an bitter old man and I'm only 34. Too much to drink. Goodnight.

... and stay off my lawn, youngins! *shakes fist*

2009- Maybin

2002- M. Williams

2000- E. Flowers

1982- Perry Tuttle

1981- Booker Moore

1977- Phil Dokes

1975- Tom Ruud

1973- Paul Seymour

1972- Walt Patulski

1966- Mike Dennis

Tony "gonzales" Hunter in '83?

2009- Maybin

2002- M. Williams

2000- E. Flowers

1982- Perry Tuttle

1981- Booker Moore

1977- Phil Dokes

1975- Tom Ruud

1973- Paul Seymour

1972- Walt Patulski

1966- Mike Dennis

I'm old enough to have seen all of these, but I can't put Mike Williams that high, he was decent at the beginning, but then his personal demons short-curcuited his career. I would, however, not disagree with the rest . . . although I do believe McCargo deserves some love here.

Maybin, not even a contest, clear cut #1 Bills bust of all time!

I would say Maybin is the worst, but McCargo has gotta be pretty close behind. Did either of the M&M brothers even start? Our defense has been atrocious the last few years, and these guys couldn't even get on the field.

It's funny that there are teams out there that have given these losers second, third and fourth chances based on them being #1 draft picks. It obviously means a lot. I think Maybin is with the Bengals right now. Not sure about McCargo, but I remember reading that some teams were kicking the tires with him as late as last season.

Edited by distortions

And FWIW, McCargo was a late first rounder and yeah, he was a disappointment, but I saw the guy make a couple plays. You have to understand that there are John McCargos every year for lots of different teams. The odds of a guy drafted that late in the first round making an impact in this league are better than 50% but not by as much as you may think.

I'd put JP on the list just for the fact that in order to pick him in 2004 we gave up our 2004 2nd and 5th round picks and our 1st in 2005(#20). And who was picked at #24 in 2005? Aaron Rodgers! If we didn't pick Losman we would've needed a QB in 2005 and likely would've picked Rodgers. Although, Donahoe probably would've picked a flashy, undersized speed receiver instead. ;)

What plays? He barely dressed for any games in his 4 years in Buffalo. What makes him worst to me, the Bills traded up to get him, and, the fact, whenever anybody talks about the worst first round draft picks in Bills history, McCargos' name rarely comes up, because he was so utterly forgettable. I recall him recovering a fumble once...