Revis trade forces Bills' hand?

I am near certain the Bills are taking a QB in the 1st round. What it may do is make the Bills think twice about trading down, but I don't expect Buddy to be on the clock for more than 3 minutes anyways.

I think it's Barkley or EJ.

Why does it matter if the Jets or any team has more picks? In the end there are (barrng a Bills trade) 31 picks between ours. That doesn't change. Does it matter if a player goes to the same team or different ones? In the end that player goes off the board the same way.

PTR

If G. Smith is the only QB to go in the top 7,The bills will have thier choice of Nassib or Barkley or Manuel. The Bills seem to have their eye on Barkley, The Jets are interested in Nassib.. Both teams could trade down and get who they want...

If we don't take a QB at #8 we will lose both of the guys Nix feels are franchise guys. QB's are climbing the charts quickly esp. Barkely and moreso Nassib

Whose charts? Kiper's? Mayock's? Any other talkng head draftnik you can think of? Or are you privy to each team's rankings?

GO BILLS!!!

Trade Byrd to the Jets for their #13 pick...problem solved.

Isn't a little too early to be on something? Trading Byrd within the division is HIGHLY unlikely and for the #13 overall?? This is crazy talk, the kid has been a HUGE defensive presence for us and without him, we would simply have no safeties. The only way I would ever do this is for the Jets #9 pick and maybe if they threw us a 3/4th rounder.

Other than that, this is just typical crazy talk on a bored Tuesday AM.

Isn't a little too early to be on something? Trading Byrd within the division is HIGHLY unlikely and for the #13 overall?? This is crazy talk, the kid has been a HUGE defensive presence for us and without him, we would simply have no safeties. The only way I would ever do this is for the Jets #9 pick and maybe if they threw us a 3/4th rounder.

Other than that, this is just typical crazy talk on a bored Tuesday AM.

...and so we will watch the Jets get three picks between 9 and 41 and, we'll reach for a QB at 8 and, in all likelihood, watch Byrd walk away next year while we stare at his open locker.

Edited by BringBackFergy

If we don't take a QB at #8 we will lose both of the guys Nix feels are franchise guys. QB's are climbing the charts quickly esp. Barkely and moreso Nassib

"Climbing the charts" does not exist it is just game of media and fans.

I think it is, and has always been clear that the Bills are going to take their QB at 8. The Jets trade doesnt change this.

Nix has consistently said there are at least 2 franchise QBs in this draft. Given that view, who in the world would pass one of them up at 8 with the aim of getting them in the 2nd, after many QB-hungry teams have picked? That's just crazy.

As mentioned on other threads, Jets aren't taking a QB at #9 or #13 unless Ryan is fired before Thursday. They're clearly trying to get Bills to take Nassib at #8 so maybe Austin, Milliner, or a pass rusher fall to #9. Don't take the bait. Dare them to waste a 1st rounder on a QB with a lameduck coach.

They're clearly trying to get Bills to take Nassib at #8 so maybe Austin, Milliner, or a pass rusher fall to #9.

Wait, the reason for the Jets trading Revis and gaining an extra 1st round pick was to get us to pick Nassib? Seriously? It couldn't have anything to do with the chance of gaining an extra 1st round talent.

Wait, the reason for the Jets trading Revis and gaining an extra 1st round pick was to get us to pick Nassib? Seriously? It couldn't have anything to do with the chance of gaining an extra 1st round talent.

Never said that's why they traded Revis. Talking about their supposed interest in Nassib in 1st round. Kind of like Nix and Whaley's fawning over Austin at the pre-draft luncheon.

Then draft a G with #8 to replace Levitre and draft a Safety with #13 to replace Byrd and we are no better off then we were last year except we wasted two #1 picks to replace talent that had been on our roster.

Edited by jumbalaya

With the Revis trade, the Jets pick up another first rounder. Now, the Jets will have 3 picks between Buffalo's first round pick and its second.

Does this force the Bills to take a QB in the first round?

Discuss.

No... the Bills take a QB at #8 regardless. Jets are in total rebuild. They are taking the mulligan this year. They may draft a QB rd. 3 on, but their franchise guy is drafted next year. They still have Sanchez & Garrard to get them through the year.

Ya gotta look at the Jets roster. They lost both starting guards and RT is a mess. Basically McKnight at RB and they still need a starting wr. On D they lost starters at both safeties, plus Revis,Pouha,&Devito. That's 5 starters from opening day last year.

This point has Madden gamer written all over it. There is as much chance of me being drafted quarterback for the Bills as it is for the Jets to trade away the best cornerback in the game for the 13th pick so they can turn around and trade that same pick for another teams safety. In terms of the point of this thread, there may be implications of the trade to what the Jets could do, but it doesn't impact the Bills at all. They pick 8th and the talk stops there. In my opinion, this does not force the Bills hand at all. While I'm not a huge fan of Kevin Kolb, I think that move is telling of the Bills intentions on draft day. They're going to take the best available player on their draft board. While that might be Nassib, it could be Jonathan Cooper, Coradelle Patterson, Tavon Austin or Barkevious Mingo among others. It's amazing how little people actually pay attention to what is being said in the front office.

Here's what I think. Buffalo won't pull the string on Nassib in the first round. They will surprise us again by taking a player we don't expect, but one that will fill a position of need. Maybe they pass on Jonathan Cooper, who's rated the best guard by most boards and instead pull a Chance Warmack. By letting Levitre walk, it might just be a position that they place a priority on. If Nassib falls to them in the second round, I think he's a no brainer. I would take him over anyone but Geno Smith and I don't even like Smith that much. Assuming that Smith and Nassib are both gone (which I think is a no brainer), I like Landry Jones in the 2nd round. He's got a tremendous amount of upside. When I think of him, I think Drew Brees "chip on his shoulder" type of guy. He was stuck playing in Oklahoma in a dink and dunk offense, when he has a prototypical vertical passing arm. He's accurate to boot. He also has 50 games under his belt and is 3-1 in bowl games. OK, so I don't care that much for the W-L as it's a team game, but still, he's brought it most weekends.