Tweets from Bills practice = AWESOME!

Jonah Javad@JonahJavad 1h

#Bills coach Doug Marrone (wearing a backwards visor) playing center for some QB drills. Welcome to mini camp.

#Bills Off. Coordinator Nate Hackett hasn't stopped smiling. One of the youngest OC's in the NFL (33) & his enthusiasm is infectious.

#Bills LB Nigel Bradham is flying. Quick change of direction & tremendous acceleration. Ball skills still need work but wow, he looks good.

#Bills Tarvaris Jackson w/ laser to Brad Smith across middle. Splits two defenders for TD. I know it's mini camp but that one had mustard.

Nice to see something other than mock drafts and unrealistic trade down scenarios. Thanks for sharing, Mike.

Great. We look awesome in practice. Doesn't mean anything if we can't transition that onto Sundays. I won't get excited about anything til I see something on Week 1.

I remember a lot of fools here were giddy during OTAs and minicamp, then we got CRUSHED by Sanchez and the Jets. We made Sanchez look like Drew Brees out there. All this excitement doesn't mean squat until they produce in reg. season.

You truly are an ass.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a coach that wears a visor. That seals it: Only good, winning, coaches wear visors!

Jamie , it's not that he wears a visor.

He wears it backwards and then lines up with his offense.

easy mistake.

Time will tell of course, but after what i have seen so far , this guy might have Something.

Watching the presser really gave me an idea of what this man is about right now.

I like him.

Yup. Being a fan of a team is a completely voluntary exercise--it's as painful or as joyful as you care to make it. Ironically, the more the latter, the more the former. But still, i'm baffled when people treat optimism for your favorite sports team as some kind of deficiency. It's not like we're wishing cancer away or staring at the phone waiting for somebody to call and offer us a million dollars.

No.

There's virtually nothing at stake, because we're the ones who create the stakes. If you gotta hate, what's the point?

:( Are you saying I need to rethink my retirement? :wallbash:

understood, but the fact is this team is bad...

Nope, the FACT is this team hasn't played one game yet.

Maybe they're bad, maybe they're good. Might as well enjoy the ride along the way...

Marrone: "if I walk off this field and I'm not tired, I feel like I've done the players a disservice."

High energy, boys and girls. Get with it or get packing.

Well i am a bit old a bit tired a bit creaky and a bit lazy.

but goshdarned it I will try coach !

Sorry I don't sugar coat things. I tell it as it is. You guys have called me as being a "pessimist" for awhile now. Last year it was the same thing. I see this team the way it really is and it's far from being a playoff team.

You guys can live in your own lil dream world though and think we're improving. As far as I'm considered we have another mediocre team. 7-9 season, here we come! We'll be drafting around the 9-13 spot next year too.

There is a difference between realism and pessimism. The "you're all stupid, the world sucks, I just stepped in dog****" attitude you bring is not realistic, it's pessimistic. Does getting bent over something that hasn't happened yet make you feel better this moment? I'm guessing it doesn't, and if it doesn't then what's the point?

@fleamoulds.....really? personally id wait til week 5-7 before turning pessimistic again......... your this depressed before the draft has occurred?

Marrone can play center, come on bud get in the spirit! Spillers a beast/Stevies a beast Gilmore will make the leap, its really not that bad.

draft any qb in first 2 rounds and ITS ON LIKE A MOFO!

Edited by Ryan L Billz

It's really stunning to me that rather than be hopeful, people just revel in being !@#$ing miserable. I've been a Bills fan longer than most of the posters here have been alive yet every year, I try to be hopeful at the start of a new season. How ****ty is your life if you can't find anything positive?

Yes, it's meaningless. Yes it doesn't matter till we win some games but can't we just take a little !@#$ing joy in some positive news?

A-!@#$ ing-men!!!

I'm all for optimism.

Are you sure?

Then were usually let down. Hopefully this time things really are different.

This poses the the only questions that matter, in this entire thread:

What is actually going to happen if we are let down again?

and

Since the answer to that is: nothing...why should we care if we are let down?

I mean, this is not like some girl that keeps leading you on. Or, some client that keeps promising you business, and then let's you down. That is real life. That has real consequences. Continuing to put yourself in position to be let down, by the same people, over and over in real life? Yeah...that's a big problem.

This is football. Technically, in every way that is real, this has nothing to do with your real life. You have no personal consequences whatsoever. So, why do you care if you are "let down"? Techically 31 fan bases are let down, every year. This is not even close to a real problem.

Since it costs you literally nothing to be either a pessimist or an optimist(other than season tickets, but, you don't need them to be a fan), why bother with pessimism? I imagine that when you are on your death bed...you're aren't going to be saying "Dammit, I wish I'd been more realistic about the Bills chances in the off-season." :lol: I hope I say "I'm glad I had as much fun as I could have realisitically expected to have with the Bills...along with my family and friends".

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I know what you mean.

I just have this feeling that Marrone will do well.

I dont know why or how but for some reason I feel different about this hire than I have for the last few HC's

CBF

For me I think it's because he's actually planning to succeed rather than simply trying to coach and hope for success eventually. Even if we have a 3 win season, if the guy's smartly going for the jugular at each and every opportunity then I'll feel better about it than any other season the last 10+ years.

Don't pee in the Kool-Aid. :)

It is poisoned already.

Amen

Christian much!

I thought the most interesting part was Marrone playing center.

That's a very hands on head coach. The Bills are a pretty young team, I'd like to hope that a more hands on head coach will be able to communicate and teach them some things.

So Wood is injured?

Then please express your opinion on the question of, if nothing matters until regular season wins, why are you here except just to B word?

DOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!

601473538932_jw8oBI9j_l.jpg

Wow, that really says new helmet design, like nothing I have ever seen before.

BTW, I don't mind the negativity and such stuff, "IT'S HARD TO BE A BILLS FAN in the NFL". I enjoy having my heart ripped from my chest though, kind of tickles after all the times this team has done it to me over the years.

Nice to see something other than mock drafts and unrealistic trade down scenarios. Thanks for sharing, Mike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjn0Yw0mxuk

You truly are an ass.

Thanks for the complement. I choose not to insult people like a 5 year old child, but speak the truth about our team. In what way have we improved from last year? As far as I'm concerned we haven't gotten worse and haven't gotten better. Our RB tandem is probably the best in the league. We have a top 5-10 WR in the NFL as far as I'm concerned, and I do like our DC but I don't see any improvements on our roster. Our o-line is mediocre. Our WR core as a group is below average. Our secondary lacks depth. We have no good inside LBs. Our special teams is below average and I won't even mention our QB situation which WON'T be improved by our draft pick, whoever we draft. If you don't like what I say, tough sh*t, but it's the truth.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

Thanks for the complement. I choose not to insult people like a 5 year old child, but speak the truth about our team. In what way have we improved from last year? As far as I'm concerned we haven't gotten worse and haven't gotten better. Our RB tandem is probably the best in the league. We have a top 5-10 WR in the NFL as far as I'm concerned, and I do like our DC but I don't see any improvements on our roster. Our o-line is mediocre. Our WR core as a group is below average. Our secondary lacks depth. We have no good inside LBs. Our special teams is below average and I won't even mention our QB situation which WON'T be improved by our draft pick, whoever we draft. If you don't like what I say, tough sh*t, but it's the truth.

It wasn't a compliment (and it certainly wasn't a "complement") but knowing that should make you feel good as you like to wallow in misery. Like it or not, you truly do come off as an ass. That's not an insult, that's the perception you give and the result of your constant sour grapes. As many posters have pointed out, why do you bother following this team if they make you completely miserable? It's a hobby, a passion...not life and death. Nobody said you weren't entitled to your opinion, me included, but you deliver the same trite, whiny message over and over and over again. We get it, this team hasn't been good for years and a couple of days at voluntary OTAs doesn't make them a Super Bowl contender but that wasn't the OP's point of this thread now was it? You just had to come in and piss all over it because tearing down the Bills and others who aren't "smart" enough to share your never-ending fatalistic view of things apparently makes you feel better. You never seem to find anything positive to say about this team, no matter how small it might be. What you say isn't the "truth", it's just your sad, joyless opinion which never, ever changes. But if that makes you feel better (or maybe in your case worse??), then by all means carry on, Eeyore.

Sorry I don't sugar coat things. I tell it as it is. You guys have called me as being a "pessimist" for awhile now. Last year it was the same thing. I see this team the way it really is and it's far from being a playoff team.

You guys can live in your own lil dream world though and think we're improving. As far as I'm considered we have another mediocre team. 7-9 season, here we come! We'll be drafting around the 9-13 spot next year too.

Dammit, I checked in from my vacation in Spain for this?????

I do not think that word means what you think it means good sir