Did you buy EA Sports Madden between 2003 and 2012?

Just Jack

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adds up real fast if your someone that bought every couple years.

How much of that money do you really think you will see? Don't forget they take all fee's from the total settlement before you even get your money, on top of it the money is capped so once everything is said and done a few years down the road you might get $10 if you're lucky. No thanks.

This is completely a BS lawsuit. It is utterly rediculous. And what next, will Nike get sued for selling $30 sneakers for $120 because of exclusivity with the air jordan brand.

I guess since this means the NFL is a "monopoly" too they should break the league up.

Everyone who bought the game agreed to the price otherwise they wouldn't have bought it. If it ober priced, DON'T BUY IT!!! EA sports was punished for charging a premium for a superior product??

Ugh while all of the leeches line up for their $20, a bunch of lawyers made bank, and there are plenty of law firms out there that just comb the earth everyday looking for deep pockets to sue as a busineess model, not to right a wrong but make a ton of $$$, meanwhile Madden, which is the best game on PS3, will just deteriorate in quality.

Seems like everyone wants something for nothing. Sad.

How much of that money do you really think you will see? Don't forget they take all fee's from the total settlement before you even get your money, on top of it the money is capped so once everything is said and done a few years down the road you might get $10 if you're lucky. No thanks.

I generally agree, hence my $7 in 3 years comment - but it could add up, potentially. Took zero work to sign up, even if its a flop

This is completely a BS lawsuit. It is utterly rediculous. And what next, will Nike get sued for selling $30 sneakers for $120 because of exclusivity with the air jordan brand.

I guess since this means the NFL is a "monopoly" too they should break the league up.

Everyone who bought the game agreed to the price otherwise they wouldn't have bought it. If it ober priced, DON'T BUY IT!!! EA sports was punished for charging a premium for a superior product??

Ugh while all of the leeches line up for their $20, a bunch of lawyers made bank, and there are plenty of law firms out there that just comb the earth everyday looking for deep pockets to sue as a busineess model, not to right a wrong but make a ton of $$$, meanwhile Madden, which is the best game on PS3, will just deteriorate in quality.

Seems like everyone wants something for nothing. Sad.

I somewhat agree with you and yet completely disagree with you.

I have stopped buying it because it stopped being a superior product when they got the official license. I don't care anything about the money. I care about fair business practice and other companies pushing EA (if you've read the thread I have already pointed out what a terrible company they are) to create a good product.

Lawyers are getting rich and I probably won't see any money and I don't care. What I do care about is voicing my opinion that their practices and product are subpar. This was and is an outlet for me to do that.

I don't care about my measly few bucks that I will get I care about getting a good quality Madden game back - if this pushes ea sports to try harder than it is a win for me.

I've said it 3 different ways so I hope you understand 1.

I have stopped buying it because it stopped being a superior product when they got the official license. I don't care anything about the money. I care about fair business practice and other companies pushing EA (if you've read the thread I have already pointed out what a terrible company they are) to create a good product.

Lawyers are getting rich and I probably won't see any money and I don't care. What I do care about is voicing my opinion that their practices and product are subpar. This was and is an outlet for me to do that.

I don't care about my measly few bucks that I will get I care about getting a good quality Madden game back - if this pushes ea sports to try harder than it is a win for me.

all this.

plus, i wont complain if it pays for my next copy.

It's not a lot of money folks. I filed a claim and it turned out to be about $8 at the end of the day. Almost not even worth filing the claim.

I understand what you are trying to say. I just can't agree with it. I live in corporate America and I see companies consistently punished for eating their competitors lunch and it's BS.

Madden 2013 was the best yet. On line gaming is better than ever and graphics are amazing.

If you want to boycott, go ahead and play the knock of Chinese stolen IP, there's a valiant stand against the "evil corporations"....

Exclusivity deals are valid strategic contractual arrangements and they provide sound business cases for investing in development of software products.

The assertion that this lawsuit will improve madden is incorrect. It will likely lead to cost cutting and dilution of the brand quality? Didn't you pay attention in biz school?

I understand what you are trying to say. I just can't agree with it. I live in corporate America and I see companies consistently punished for eating their competitors lunch and it's BS.

Madden 2013 was the best yet. On line gaming is better than ever and graphics are amazing.

If you want to boycott, go ahead and play the knock of Chinese stolen IP, there's a valiant stand against the "evil corporations"....

Exclusivity deals are valid strategic contractual arrangements and they provide sound business cases for investing in development of software products.

The assertion that this lawsuit will improve madden is incorrect. It will likely lead to cost cutting and dilution of the brand quality? Didn't you pay attention in biz school?

"The best yet"? It took out basic features that had been in the game for years. E.A. Sports Tiburon is complacent because of their monopoly.

As they have an exclusive license, I don't believe that the lawsuit has a valid claim. Nevertheless, E.A. Sports has consistently been lazy with Madden; as new features are added annually, old ones are taken out. The following year, E.A. claims that they are adding brand new features, which are simply the re-introduction of old ones (for example, this year's Madden will bring back owner mode, multiple offline franchise teams, imported draft classes, and other features that were inexcusably removed). The amount of new development done annually on Madden is shameful.

It's not a lot of money folks. I filed a claim and it turned out to be about $8 at the end of the day. Almost not even worth filing the claim.

Yep.

And all these class action lawsuits (I'm a class in several right now) are not really for the benefit of the consumers although some will try selling you on that belief.

If you follow the money it's clear what's going on.

I bought my kids 2 xbox versions and knew about the rebates but did not want to go through the paper drill. I don't need the $20-40 bucks all that much. Most class action lawsuits benefit the lawyers bringing the suit the most. Such is life.

...The amount of new development done annually on Madden is shameful.

Do you understand what type of effort in software rewrite goes into this new physics engine and eliminating all the on line synching errors that are almost completely gone.

I agree "features" are marketing gimmicks that come and go, but I see significant work being done to improve the overall experience which is unfortunately a lot of work but like SD vs HD only some will appreciate.

I am of the mind this suit will kill the investment made in ground level improvements and lend ONLY to feature cycling while they milk the brand into the ground as the profit mo was killed. Oh well... I should be doing yardwork instead of sitting in front of the TV anyway.

Do you understand what type of effort in software rewrite goes into this new physics engine and eliminating all the on line synching errors that are almost completely gone.

I agree "features" are marketing gimmicks that come and go, but I see significant work being done to improve the overall experience which is unfortunately a lot of work but like SD vs HD only some will appreciate.

I am of the mind this suit will kill the investment made in ground level improvements and lend ONLY to feature cycling while they milk the brand into the ground as the profit mo was killed. Oh well... I should be doing yardwork instead of sitting in front of the TV anyway.

That's not true; other studios, E.A. or otherwise, have done new game engines in the same period of time. EA Canada, for example, does far more on an annual basis to improve its NHL franchise than Tiburon does with Madden.

• 4 months later...

Update....

Remember back in April I think it was where you could file if you bought EA madden games between 2003-2012 ?

It was Pecover vs EA. You could file online . I hope some of you did it.

I got a check in the mail today for 100 bucks. Easy money if you filed.

If you haven' t received a check if you filed look for it. :):thumbsup: