Eagles release Trent Edwards

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets should pick him up. Chad Pennington 2.0

I thought Trent was going to be decent, early on...but honeslty, he lacked the intangibles that made Chad Pennington good, prior to all of his many injuries.

Trent Edwards always sucked. That hit had nothing to do with it. The guy was always afraid to through it down field if it wasn't man coverage. When he would face teams dropping 8 into coverage he would hold on to the ball and take the sack.

When he first came off the bench, he seemed to have much more control than JP did at that point..and it seemed like he was steady, if not spectacular, in comparison. If you were rooting for him, it was easy to argue that he was making slow progress...but all that went out the window after that hit..he was awful. In the end, he was about as effective as Kelly Holcomb (remember him? :lol: )... he wouldn't make the "big, dumb play" like JP, but he also couldn't pull off the occaisional spectacular play that JP could make.

I'm shocked.....Trent throws a nice 3 yd pass, why would they cut him?? :blush:

Honestly, I thought Trent was an ex-Eagle a while ago.

Edited by Buftex

Without a doubt my least favorite Bills player of all time. I don’t know what he was doing out there, but it sure as hell wasn’t football.

Mine would have to be Mike Williams. Lazy motherf*cker. I may not be able to play or take a hit like Trent did, but if I "earned" that kind of money I would have busted my ass and finish my short career injured just to avoid the life long guilt that comes with stealing that much cash. Not to mention disappointing soo many fans.

For shame Mike, for shame!!!

(Sounds like a thread. Who is your least favorite Bill and Why. Any takers?)

Where does he plant them? Do they grow with moderate sun?

I'm so lucky to be living in CA where everything grows.

Well unless he finds another job there will be one less NFL player able to come out of the closet while still being in the NFL....

Wait. I thought he had a thing for Dakota Fanning or Miley Cyrus or one of those teeny stars?

Wait. I thought he had a thing for Dakota Fanning or Miley Cyrus or one of those teeny stars?

Stop it! You are getting me all excited. But what about Hannah Montana? She's like totally my fav. I love you Hannah!!

Trent Edwards always sucked. That hit had nothing to do with it. The guy was always afraid to through it down field if it wasn't man coverage. When he would face teams dropping 8 into coverage he would hold on to the ball and take the sack.

Get a grip, he didn't always suck. He made a big jump from his first to second year. From 56% to 66% and 6.1 to 7.2 YPA

He was on a good trajectory until the Wilson hit. He was able to stare down the gun barrel which is good for a QB but maybe he was too good at it

Get a grip, he didn't always suck. He made a big jump from his first to second year. From 56% to 66% and 6.1 to 7.2 YPA

He was on a good trajectory until the Wilson hit. He was able to stare down the gun barrel which is good for a QB but maybe he was too good at it

Ugh.... he was never very good. And I'm sure he has long since recovered, but still isn't any good.

I don't know if people here have met him, or he signed something for their kids, or what it is, but people won't let it go. I don't consider him a coward, or a jerk, just not a very good quarterback. Ever.

Ugh.... he was never very good. And I'm sure he has long since recovered, but still isn't any good.

I don't know if people here have met him, or he signed something for their kids, or what it is, but people won't let it go. I don't consider him a coward, or a jerk, just not a very good quarterback. Ever.

I always thought he fit Dickie J, not to lose, but he often lost.

Really just a bad QB that looked the part more than anything

I'm sure he recovered from the concussion, but I think there was more to it than that. Probably some upper cervical issues, and those can hang on forever.