if the draft does this, what do we do

frogger

however, it seems if TB was willing to give up their 1 and 2 for Milliner, then they would for Revis as well... so I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Keep in mind however that Tampa Bay would have to pay Revis a contract with an average of about $15 million per year as opposed to the 8th pick in the draft who would receive a contract for closer to $3 million per season.

There's a few different philosophies and approaches the Bills could take to this draft, which is why it's so intruiging this year.

Yep. And the fact that the team is playing things relatively close to the vest adds some intrigue.

Less than two weeks to go.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's tough. If Marrone is going to run a WC offense I roll the dice on Barkley. If he's planning something more vertical that requires his QB to throw 30+ yd outs on a rope I take the Bucs deal.

Regardless of what system he's using, you need the ability to make deep throws in the NFL. More importantly you need to be able to throw in the NE in the wind and cold during the winter (something he almost never had to worry about in college). I thought Barkley's arm was questionable before he got injured, it can't be any better after. Plus at times he makes Sanchezesk decisions.

I don't see him being a fit for us.

Dear God no!

I dont care how fast or good he is.

I do not want any WR under 6'0

CBF

Plus he is destined to be a slot WR, what we really need is a wide out(or two). I don't see this team being able to afford using the 8 pick on a guy like that. We also drafted Graham last year to be our speedy slot guy (I'd imagine that's how Marrone will use him, he actually looked somewhat decent at times on underneath routes, awful down field).

Don't think of Austin a a speedy slot guy. Everyone on here sees him and thinks Roscoe. The game has changed even over the last few years. He is part Harvin, part Welker and part Desean Jackson.

He may not be the pick but he is probably the most dynamic playmaker in this draft. Last time the Bills took the most dynamic playmaker it worked out pretty well. IMO you can never have too many guys that can score from anywhere on the field. That's the Chip Kelly Oregon philosophy.

Don't think of Austin a a speedy slot guy. Everyone on here sees him and thinks Roscoe. The game has changed even over the last few years. He is part Harvin, part Welker and part Desean Jackson.

He may not be the pick but he is probably the most dynamic playmaker in this draft. Last time the Bills took the most dynamic playmaker it worked out pretty well. IMO you can never have too many guys that can score from anywhere on the field. That's the Chip Kelly Oregon philosophy.

this :)

It actually did not work out very well. The bills record has not improved at all by drafting CJ. You don't win in the NFL by drafting high CB, RB and undersized WR (TJ Graham, Roscoe) This is what we have done and it has failed. We need a dominant defense and improved QB play. A stud TE would help the Offense greatly.

....The bills record has not improved at all by drafting CJ......

Apart from the concept that he was only a part time player last year.....how do you know Spiller didn't directly improve our record?

His 110 APY & TD in the OT game against the Cardinals could easily have been the difference between a win and a loss.

His 130 APY could easily have made the difference in the Dolphins win.

I would think there would be a great chance that we would of had a worse record if CJ didn't play last season.

.....We need a dominant defense and improved QB play. A stud TE would help the Offense greatly.

I don't disagree with that line.....but to suggest that a superb running game won't have an influence on your W/L record is a bit of a sweeping statement.

Edited by Dibs

It actually did not work out very well. The bills record has not improved at all by drafting CJ. You don't win in the NFL by drafting high CB, RB and undersized WR (TJ Graham, Roscoe) This is what we have done and it has failed. We need a dominant defense and improved QB play. A stud TE would help the Offense greatly.

Really? CJ hasn't worked out? You win with playmakers. Look at the receiving targets on the best teams in the league. they all have multiple receiving threats. The Bills have 1.

I agree that TE is a big need as well but when you don't have good QBs you better make some big plays. I don't see a franchise changer at QB (I'm sure 1 or 2 will be I just don't know who).

I am not necessarily advocating for Austin but I woul certainly not be upset with a guy that had 7000 yards and never missed a game in college.

1-KC-Luke Joeckel-LT-no stunning move, it's Joeckel or Fisher.

2-Jax-Geno Smith-QB-this will suck, I was hoping he would fall to us. New coach has only seen current QBs lose.

3-Oakland-Ezekiel Ansah-DE-Oakland needs about every position, if they can't move back they get the best athlete in a need position

4-Philadelphia-Dion Jordan-DE/OLB-obvious Oregon connection.

5-Detroit-Eric Fisher-LT-Detroit get Fisher or Joeckel and they are happy. The only thing that could ruin this, if Miami gives up a boatload to move up.

6-Cleveland trades 6th to San Diego for picks...SD picks Lane Johnson-LT-they needed to move in front of Arizona, I believe they just signed McKinnie, but Lane Johnson will start and McKinnie gets released. Cleveland loves Milliner but also love Rhodes and Trufant.

7-Arizona-Sherrif Floyd-DE/DT-Floyd actually played DE for Florida, I think he is a natural for a 3-4 DE.

8-Buffalo....

Pick Dee Milliner.

Minnesota calls they love Milliner and want to deal both 1s but we have to give up a forth or third in 2014.

Tampa calls, Revis deal flops and they are offering 1&2.

Or pick another player.

Star Lotulelei or Milliner. I wouldn't even consider an offensive player

1-KC-Luke Joeckel-LT-no stunning move, it's Joeckel or Fisher.

5-Detroit-Eric Fisher-LT-Detroit get Fisher or Joeckel and they are happy. The only thing that could ruin this, if Miami gives up a boatload to move up.

6-Cleveland trades 6th to San Diego for picks...SD picks Lane Johnson-LT-they needed to move in front of Arizona, I believe they just signed McKinnie, but Lane Johnson will start and McKinnie gets released. Cleveland loves Milliner but also love Rhodes and Trufant.

If 3 LTs are taken in the top 6, I'm going to resubmit my application for GM.

It is a history of futility for bad teams to draft LT in the top 5. The OP has even has Miami possibly repeating this error.

I think you'll find that for bad teams there is a history of futility drafting any position in the top 5.

How exactly are you figuring this theory?

As tempting as trading down for more picks is;

Take Millner, I want a "stud" at every position, dont want to take a chance of dropping back for a bunch of "pretty good" players.

so then we'd likely have 3 CBs that were our own top 11 picks, on the field at the same time. wonder if that's ever been done before.

If 3 LTs are taken in the top 6, I'm going to resubmit my application for GM.

Three years ago, 2 OTs were taken in the top six and three in the top 11. All three are contributors on current playoff teams, including this year's SB. You should probably resubmit your application anyway.

GO BILLS!!!