Pat White's comeback

Simon

Not to dampen this guys attempt, but his chances of a comeback in Washington are long, at best. Cousins and Griffin? I do not know if I would want the 3rd QB to be White. I would rather a more veteran journeyman type to help teach and coach from the sideline.

The Dolphins were dabbling with Wildcat concepts when he was drafted and thought of him as someone who could compete to be their starter, but this was still well before the current craze with read-option football in the pro game. That style mirrors much of what he did at West Virginia (and what the Redskins ran last season under Robert Griffin III, making Washington a natural fit).

Can't help but think if White makes a strong showing in camp, seeing as how he can run the same offense RG3 does, that Washington might consider trading Cousins.

Not to dampen this guys attempt, but his chances of a comeback in Washington are long, at best. Cousins and Griffin? I do not know if I would want the 3rd QB to be White. I would rather a more veteran journeyman type to help teach and coach from the sideline.

I think it's really all about trying to show what he can do in the pre-season. If he performs well, he'll be on a roster in 2013, and the rest of the league will have had a chance to scout him and consider his ability to play regularly.

I'm pretty sure the goal for the Redskins is to have a fast mobile QB to replicate an RG3 offense while RG3 is injured, then drop White once RG3 comes back unless White shows a lot more than he has in the past. White's goal is to play well enough that SOMEONE (maybe not the Redskins) likes him enough to put him on a roster for the season

Yeah, that's it.

Or maybe it's because they're both WVU products who put up gaudy numbers in wide-open college offenses....

Except those offenses were completely different, and aside from where they played these 2 are completely different types of QBs.

• 5 months later...