Man arrested for refusing to leave the bedside of his sick partner

I never even trust anything I read in these stories anymore. The practice of "B word to the media to get special treatment" is becoming FAR too common for me to take **** like this seriously.

Yet, cry to the moderator is better!? :nana:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One sentence from the article helps me decide who's wrong here.....

He says when he got there, a member of Allen’s family asked him to leave.

I blame the guy himself. Rather than avoid a confrontation with the family member and just come back later, he decides to throw a hissy fit.

Look, I am just saying that there is probably more to this than the knee-jerk discrimination angle.

No argument here. There always is more to the story.

My point was that none of these have anything to do with whether or not he should be allowed in the room with his husband.

Hyperbole or media hype aside -- that's the crux of the story. Had they been husband and wife, there would be no issue.

I never even trust anything I read in these stories anymore. The practice of "B word to the media to get special treatment" is becoming FAR too common for me to take **** like this seriously.

Go check out Reddit and the libtards posting over there about it. That will get your blood boiling.

No argument here. There always is more to the story.

Hyperbole or media hype aside -- that's the crux of the story. Had they been husband and wife, there would be no issue.

Go check out Reddit and the libtards posting over there about it. That will get your blood boiling.

But they weren't, so watcha trying to say? If this is a backdoor attempt to promote gay marriage then maybe you should follow procedures instead. If there isn't an appropriate thread to post your opinion in, you should start a new thread stating your true opinion. Somehow, before my time here, John Adams was granted the only "grandfathered" right to pollute every thread with his gay marriage beliefs. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :lol:

But they weren't, so watcha trying to say? If this is a backdoor attempt to promote gay marriage then maybe you should follow procedures instead. If there isn't an appropriate thread to post your opinion in, you should start a new thread stating your true opinion. Somehow, before my time here, John Adams was granted the only "grandfathered" right to pollute every thread with his gay marriage beliefs. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :lol:

Admit it. You just wanted to say backdoor...

It's a nurse's job to be checking into who has power of attorney over what patients??

Yes, it is the job of all hot nurses, even patient ones, to check out the overwhelming sexual power of attorneys.

When my wife was in the hospital years ago, I was told I couldn't stay there after a certain time. The nurse told me to go home. I really didn't want to (home was a good 35 miles away), so tried to convince her to let me stay. After some back and forth, we reached a compromise where she gave me a keycode to some private doctor/nurse lounge, gave me a couple of pillows and a blanket, and said I could sleep in there and come back at 6am.

That's what I was thinking when reading this story; it's a non-issue.

And sounds like a nutjob to me. Anyone who sticks with someone who has been do the physco "several times" qualifies as a nut job.

There's a joke here somewhere, and it has to do with the marital status of several of our regular posters.

Not so fast there buddy. I have seen a wife get into it with the family, in both a hospital and 2 times in SNFs, and I'm just the software guy. I am certain the nurses here can tell you all sorts of stories.

In the instance of the hospital, it was 3rd shift, the bars were letting out, I almost got arrested, because the cops thought I was the guy who pushed the wife. :lol:

Not so fast there buddy. I have seen a wife get into it with the family, in both a hospital and 2 times in SNFs, and I'm just the software guy. I am certain the nurses here can tell you all sorts of stories.

In the instance of the hospital, it was 3rd shift, the bars were letting out, I almost got arrested, because the cops thought I was the guy who pushed the wife. :lol:

Yea, but...."gay"...."victim"....."bullying"......"George Bush".....or something.

Too bad they don't have a similar hard on for anything to do with snipping the spines of botched abortion babies.

You dummy...you cant make SNL skits, sitcoms, or Lady Gaga songs out of such things.

Edited by RkFast

The hospital will get sued.... that helps bring down the cost of care for everybody...

or he was outraged when he saw the price of Tulips in the Florist's onsite shop.....

I hate reporting that leaves out basically all details other than confrontation.... but then again, Headlines, right?

Just like everything else- there is no real media

This is only a story because right now the press has a hard on (no pun intended) for anything to do with "gay."

It's not just the press. It's the citizens themselves who are demanding change on the issue, the press -- like all the politicians who have recently switched their positions on the matter once the poll numbers came out -- is merely servicing the greater good.

That is IF this story isn't just baiting by the left -- which is entirely possible.

You (once again) miss the point. The point isn't that wives don't fight with in-laws, it's that had their marriage been official, the in-laws/siblings wouldn't have the authority to kick the spouse out in the first place.

They certainly could make a scene, and the hospital could certainly react by expelling everyone in order to better serve the patient, but then this wouldn't be a story. It would just be another day and another fight within a family. No biggie.

Too bad they don't have a similar hard on for anything to do with snipping the spines of botched abortion babies.

No doubt.

Yea, but...."gay"...."victim"....."bullying"......"George Bush".....or something.

Good lord, you're a mess.

It's not just the press. It's the citizens themselves who are demanding change on the issue, the press -- like all the politicians who have recently switched their positions on the matter once the poll numbers came out -- is merely servicing the greater good.

You think the press' hardcore sensationalizing of every single story with the word "gay" in it, often ignoring context completely, and them forwarding their agenda on that issue (and other ones) while also ignoring other stories is "merely servicing the greater good." And *I'm* the mess? And let me remind you that a PORTION of the citizenry is "demanding change" on the issue. You don't have the moral highground here. Edited by RkFast

You think the press' hardcore sensationalizing of every single story with the word "gay" in it, often ignoring context completely, and them forwarding their agenda on that issue (and other ones) while also ignoring other stories is "merely servicing the greater good." And *I'm* the mess? And let me remind you that a PORTION of the citizenry is "demanding change" on the issue. You don't have the moral highground here.

Well, you're wrong. Over 53% of Americans now support gay marriage. That's a majority, my friend. I know you don't like fancy learning and numbers but 53% represents a clear (and growing) majority. So it's not a portion of the citizenry, it's the majority.

Well, you're wrong. Over 53% of Americans now support gay marriage. That's a majority, my friend. I know you don't like fancy learning and numbers but 53% represents a clear (and growing) majority. So it's not a portion of the citizenry, it's the majority.

Same percentage wants Obamacare repealed. It's the majority. So I guess it's time to repeal the law.