Man arrested for refusing to leave the bedside of his sick partner

Same percentage wants Obamacare repealed. It's the majority. So I guess it's time to repeal the law.

How about we repeal the document that was made more and more meaningless over the last few decades and start over?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same percentage wants Obamacare repealed. It's the majority. So I guess it's time to repeal the law.

If you want to hijack a thread, get your numbers right. 32% is not a majority.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/03/19/lots-of-americans-still-want-to-repeal-obamacare/

How about we repeal the document that was made more and more meaningless over the last few decades and start over?

How about we just return the government back to its original purpose before the liberals decided people are too stupid to take care of themselves.

Well, you're wrong. Over 53% of Americans now support gay marriage. That's a majority, my friend. I know you don't like fancy learning and numbers but 53% represents a clear (and growing) majority. So it's not a portion of the citizenry, it's the majority.

Then you should have said "majority" earlier. You said "citizens", the implication being ALL of them, you pompous twit.

Then you should have said "majority" earlier. You said "citizens", the implication being ALL of them, you pompous twit.

You were the one who claimed it was only a portion of the population -- I merely corrected you. It's not a portion, it's the majority. And that number is growing faster than any other social issue facing this country today.

Because you don't agree with it doesn't mean the proponents don't have the moral high ground. In fact, in the case of gay marriage it's the opponents to it that are lacking the moral high ground. And now they're lacking the numbers.

Thems the facts.

You were the one who claimed it was only a portion of the population -- I merely corrected you. It's not a portion, it's the majority. And that number is growing faster than any other social issue facing this country today.

Because you don't agree with it doesn't mean the proponents don't have the moral high ground. In fact, in the case of gay marriage it's the opponents to it that are lacking the moral high ground. And now they're lacking the numbers.

Thems the facts.

I could really not care less about the issue. My bone of contention with you is that the so-called free press has the "duty" to sway public opinion on the issue.

I could really not care less about the issue. My bone of contention with you is that the so-called free press has the "duty" to sway public opinion on the issue.

And my point is that they are not trying to sway the public opinion -- the public is already in favor of it. If anything, the press is late to the game on the issue of gay marriage.

It is their duty, that's what the government uses the MSM for. To sway people to the two extremes and generate stalemate.

You (once again) miss the point. The point isn't that wives don't fight with in-laws, it's that had their marriage been official, the in-laws/siblings wouldn't have the authority to kick the spouse out in the first place.

No, you've missed the point. Bad behavior is bad behavior. Lack of class is lack of class. It doesn't matter where it originates. Being gay doesn't mean you're not an a-hole. Neither does being straight. How do we know that, given the history of the man in question, bouncing his ass is NOT an entirely appropriate response? You have no idea of the history of the man, or patient, or anyone, in question.

They certainly could make a scene, and the hospital could certainly react by expelling everyone in order to better serve the patient, but then this wouldn't be a story. It would just be another day and another fight within a family. No biggie.

Hilarious hypocrisy and phoniness here. Perfect confirmation of what I said above.

So, apparently gay people, being a specially protected class, in your mind alone, don't include any a-holes. No, they are a homogenous group who all think/act uniformly. Thus, the only characteristic here that matters: the guy is gay.

He cannot be an a-hole, because he's gay. He cannot be unwelcome based on his history of behavior, no, he is only unwelcome because he is gay. Or, flip it: apparently only straight people have a-holes in their family? No, gay people cannot have just another day where they fight with each other/their families. No, ONLY straight people do that, which is typical, every day behavior that is not newsworthy.

Gay people do not have typical, every day behavior...because what? They are fabulous? :lol: By your definition, gay people '= straight. Nice work.

You are being an unmitigated moron here, the only question is: whether you will realize it time to save further embarrassment.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

No, you've missed the point. Bad behavior is bad behavior. Lack of class is lack of class. It doesn't matter where it originates. Being gay doesn't mean you're not an a-hole. Neither does being straight. How do we know that, given the history of the man in question, bouncing his ass is NOT an entirely appropriate response? You have no idea of the history of the man, or patient, or anyone, in question.

Hilarious hypocrisy and phoniness here. Perfect confirmation of what I said above.

So, apparently gay people, being a specially protected class, in your mind alone, don't include any a-holes. No, they are a homogenous group who all think/act uniformly. Thus, the only characteristic here that matters: the guy is gay.

He cannot be an a-hole, because he's gay. He cannot be unwelcome based on his history of behavior, no, he is only unwelcome because he is gay. Or, flip it: apparently only straight people have a-holes in their family? No, gay people cannot have just another day where they fight with each other/their families. No, ONLY straight people do that, which is typical, every day behavior that is not newsworthy.

Gay people do not have typical, every day behavior...because what? They are fabulous? :lol: By your definition, gay people '= straight. Nice work.

You are being an unmitigated moron here, the only question is: whether you will realize it time to save further embarrassment.

The multiple conversations going on inside your head must be terrifying.

No..hes right. Even gay men admit gay women are mostly !@#$s. And vice versa. You should get out more and talk to actual people. Youd be amazed at what really happens in life and what people really think about stuff.

Edited by RkFast

No..hes right. Even gay men admit gay women are mostly !@#$s. And vice versa. You should get out more and talk to actual people. Youd be amazed at what really happens in life and what people really think about stuff.

No surprise you missed the point ...

The argument OC is having with himself in the referenced post has nothing to do with anything I was saying. He invented it completely.

The argument OC is having with himself in the referenced post has nothing to do with anything I was saying. He invented it completely.

No. You said if it was a "family" [i guess that's code for gay marriage] it would be just another day, settle down folks. But because the jackass in question is not married to the patient, he was ejected for being a ass, and rightfully so. But you feel if they if where a "family" he just would have got a SHHH please sir keep it down. OC was right. Gay's are expected special treatment. Like if a black shoot's a black. Yawn. But if a white shoots a black STOP THE PRESSES.

So...non sequitor and more embarrassing yourself, because now you've failed at logic as well as history?

Let someone from my wife's family try and keep me out of the hospital room.

Unless, she had stated to keep you out, her family couldn't. (but a physical confrontation gets you ALL thrown out ...and rightfully so.)

But, as stated over and over, this 'couple' were not legally married.

No. You said if it was a "family" [i guess that's code for gay marriage] it would be just another day, settle down folks. But because the jackass in question is not married to the patient, he was ejected for being a ass, and rightfully so. But you feel if they if where a "family" he just would have got a SHHH please sir keep it down. OC was right. Gay's are expected special treatment. Like if a black shoot's a black. Yawn. But if a white shoots a black STOP THE PRESSES.

That's...sorta what I said. However, the only person attributing special treatment to gays here is: WeComeInPeace.

Specifically, for WCIP to be right, ALL gay people must act alike at all times: all of them are perfect angels who never do anything wrong. That is his logical position, or, that is a premise that his position is based on. That is also, inconveniently for WCIP: bigotry.

Now, in WCIP's obviously F'ed up little head, there's nothing wrong with that, and he might even refer to himself is being "sensistive", since he is doing his level best to empathize his way through this. But, that's the trouble: when all you do is empathize...you don't do any thinking. And that's why he's failing at logic here. Can't do logic without thinking.

In the real world, and in the world where logic matters, WCIP has argued himself into an untenable position.

All that remains is whether he recognizes it.

And really, it could be worse, he could be running around here telling us all that we are the bigots...for thinking, rather than emoting like him.

Edited by OCinBuffalo