Tennessee Lawmaker wants to tie welfare to good grades...

IF you get more support through TANF for additional children, would it be that unresonable the expectation be those Children in benefit at least graduate high school?

Now of course there are exception for Retards and Cappers, but overall , is it that radical?

I have a buddy that is from Tennesee... he couldn't get out of thst State fast enough, and he is in court tryig get his kids out too.

Edited by B-Large

IF you get more support through TANF for additional children, would it be that unresonable the expectation be those Children in benefit at least graduate high school?

Now of course there are exception for Retards and Cappers, but overall , is it that radical?

I have a buddy that is from Tennesee... he couldn't get out of thst State fast enough, and he is in court tryig get his kids out too.

income is directly tied to education level. liberals are so worried about getting people out of poverty, yet this is off limits?

I've always thought that anybody in the public school system has an obligation to succeed, or at the very least do their best, since the public is gracious enough to fund their education. i guess im just a snobby elitist.

income is directly tied to education level. liberals are so worried about getting people out of poverty, yet this is off limits?

I've always thought that anybody in the public school system has an obligation to succeed, or at the very least do their best, since the public is gracious enough to fund their education. i guess im just a snobby elitist.

I'm not exactly a lefty but I tend to agree with Jon Stewart on this issue.

Unfortunately, liberals don't think this way. Income should be equal for all, regardless of your education or intelligence level.

I think you will always have bottomfeeders, that just a reality of life and society. However, with public assistance I think it should be a few things:

1. TANF should be target for our fellow Americans in true need, but who intend to lift themselves up to self-sufficiency in a reasonable amout of time.

2. TANF should not be fun nor comfortable. It should help families, but not fully support families... there has to be incentive to get back to work

3. We should not create a program then incents people to to have more children- children that end up being the losers when they struggle and have to fend for themselves.

4. TANF should come with reasonable expectations of getting your child to school, parents attending training classes for skills, or having work requirement if someone is unable to work for some reason.

I believe the argument against this would be undue stress on a child who is a victim of ****ty parents, but I see it as turning the screws on parents to hold their child and themselves to account.

I may not completely agree with it, but I certainly believe it is a step in the right direction. I believe that welfare benefits should have strings attached to them, specially for habitual beneficiaries of these programs.

I may not completely agree with it, but I certainly believe it is a step in the right direction. I believe that welfare benefits should have strings attached to them, specially for habitual beneficiaries of these programs.

Welfare benefits should be tied to mandatory (temporary) sterilization, simultanious work training and public labor, random drug testing, and children's educational standards.

Agreed.

I've never understood the desire to govern to the lowest common denominator

Maybe because the lowest common denominators grab pitch forks, burn and flip cars. I know it is sad reality... BUT civil unrest generally follows an empty stomach.

I agree. First step is to eliminate the EBT and go back to paper food stamps. Put a stigma back on the device. Make it a pain in the azz to redeem the stamps. Of course this in turn will make it harder on gov't worker that manage & account in the system.