Will Gronk be back for Week 1?

BRAWNDO

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing what happens when you see a guy who doesn't cheat to heal.

Adrian Peterson tears 2 ligaments and runs for 2k yards less than a year later. Jake Ballard "only" tears an ACL and he's still lost his lateral quickness a year and a half later. One guy is quicker, faster and stronger than ever in a remarkably short rehab/strength training window while another guy is feeling the body's natural reaction to that injury and given twice as long to rehab still can't get the quick twitch back. I know surgical techniques have gotten much much better but if MLB has taught us anything it's that when someone does something superhuman it's probably BS. Peterson jacked up his knee and came back better than when he left...in 8 months. Nothing to see here...

Can you please enlighten me as to what PEDs strengthen and/or repair ligaments, tendons or joints? In fact if you do a little research you'll see that most steroids WEAKEN these areas, while there are a couple that help lubricate these parts, none of them will help strengthen them. Now that doesn't mean that AP hasn't used PEDs but if he did it wasn't to recuperate from an ACL tear.

I hate to think that we'll start beating the Patriots just in time for the Boston-faithful to remind us it didn't happen until the twilight of Brady's career when the team suffered from injuries like this one.

Well they weren't beating us until Kelly was gone, so...

Edited by BobChalmers

Can you please enlighten me as to what PEDs strengthen and/or repair ligaments, tendons or joints? In fact if you do a little research you'll see that most steroids WEAKEN these areas, while there are a couple that help lubricate these parts, none of them will help strengthen them. Now that doesn't mean that AP hasn't used PEDs but if he did it wasn't to recuperate from an ACL tear.

HGH. Human Growth Hormone. The hormone stimulates growth, cell reproduction, and regeneration of bones and tissue in humans. Illegal to use in all sports.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=3831956

Old story but seems like HGH is used to heal ligament and tendon injuries quicker than normal.

HGH. Human Growth Hormone. The hormone stimulates growth, cell reproduction, and regeneration of bones and tissue in humans. Illegal to use in all sports.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3831956

Old story but seems like HGH is used to heal ligament and tendon injuries quicker than normal.

Yep, beat me to the response.

then there's "deer antler spray" which supposedly contains another growth factor IGF-1. Experts assert that oral administration won't get the drug into your system, nevertheless some just keep sprayin'. It is possible that some absorption sublingually and through the nasal mucosa does occur. Seems like a long shot, though.

I learned my lesson from last time. No more hoping for Pats* to be injured Week 1.

That said, I don't know his absence would be as devastating as we were predicting back when he first heard word about Hernandez. After the way our own rookies are looking, I'm not ruling on anything quite yet,

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=3831956

I stand corrected, maybe I need to into hgh for my tennis elbow that's been plaguing me for over a year.