Using Bills Visits In a Bills Mock

Astrobot

Using a complete list of the Bills pre-draft visitors, and DraftTek's Simulator, I've made a "Pre-Draft Visit Mock".

Each of the three first-round picks that GM Buddy Nix has made in Buffalo (C.J. Spiller, Marcell Dareus, and Stephon Gilmore) all made pre-draft visits to Buffalo. I know Kelvin Sheppard, Cordy Glenn, and others also made pre-draft trips.

I've arranged each round from most likely to least likely should the Bills stick to their visits.

RD1---OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia;----QB Geno Smith;----- ILB Alec Ogletree ------QB Matt Barkley;-----S Kenny Vaccaro; ------ LB Kevin Minter

]RD2---QB Ryan Nassib, Syracuse; -----QB E.J. Manuel;-----OLB Jamie Collins;----QB Tyler Wilson;-----WR Robert Woods

RD3---WR Ryan Swope, Texas A&M;----QB Mike Glennon;----QB Matt Scott;----QB Tyler Bray

RD4---CB Tyrann Mathieu;-----QB Landry Jones

RD5---TE Ryan Griffin

RD7-UDFA---SS Cooper Taylor, Richmond

UDFA---FS Malcolm Bronson, McNeese State;----S Jonathan Meeks, Clemson;----WR Russell Shepard, LSU;----Jeff Tuel QB Wash.St.

There are 4 Safeties on this list, three of which are UDFAs plus RD1 Vaccaro. Interesting.

I think the plan is to see if Jones-Smith are there at our pick, attempt to trade down for Vaccaro-Minter-Manuel, and use an acquired pick for a Nassib-Collins RD2 and Ryan Swope RD3. Could the Bills be looking at taking 2 QBs (Nassib-Jones, Smith-Jones), or are they doing their due diligence?

Edited by Astrobot

Using a complete list of the Bills pre-draft visitors, and DraftTek's Simulator, I've made a "Pre-Draft Visit Mock".

Each of the three first-round picks that GM Buddy Nix has made in Buffalo (C.J. Spiller, Marcell Dareus, and Stephon Gilmore) all made pre-draft visits to Buffalo. I know Kelvin Sheppard, Cordy Glenn, and others also made pre-draft trips.

I've arranged each round from most likely to least likely should the Bills stick to their visits.

RD1---OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia;----QB Geno Smith;----- ILB Alec Ogletree ------QB Matt Barkley;-----S Kenny Vaccaro; ------ LB Kevin Minter

]RD2---QB Ryan Nassib, Syracuse; -----QB E.J. Manuel;-----OLB Jamie Collins;----QB Tyler Wilson;-----WR Robert Woods

RD3---WR Ryan Swope, Texas A&M;----QB Mike Glennon;----QB Matt Scott;----QB Tyler Bray

RD5---TE Ryan Griffin

UDFA---FS Malcolm Bronson, McNeese State;----S Jonathan Meeks, Clemson;----WR Russell Shepard, LSU;----Jeff Tuel QB Wash.St.

There are 4 Safeties on this list, three of which are UDFAs plus RD1 Vaccaro. Interesting.

I think the plan is to see if Jones-Smith are there at our pick, attempt to trade down for Vaccaro-Minter-Manuel, and use an acquired pick for a Nassib-Collins RD2 and Ryan Swope RD3. Could the Bills be looking at taking 2 QBs (Nassib-Jones, Smith-Jones), or are they doing their due diligence?

I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell the Bills will Draft Jarvis Jones at #8 overall...

I could be wrong...But I just don't see it...Maybe in a trade down...But not at #8 overall... B-)

Matthieu is coming for a visit too.

how do they say it ? Meh?

Since we have more visits please keep updating your board Astrobot.

I have an interest in Minter in the middle although 8 seems too soon. and a hesitant wish for Ogletree.

Nice post thanks Astro

Edited by 3rdand12

Matthieu can get into more trouble in NYC or Philly than the Buffalo Applebee's.

He's a good risk in RD4-5.

Mark my words Matthieu will not get out of the 3rd Round..I would bet almost anything on that...And there is a very good chance one team will take him late in the 2nd...It only takes one...And teams are falling in love with the package he brings...Pot smoking aside of course... B-)

i am a jarvis jones fan big time and think his versatility would be a really nice for the bills hybrid D. so if Geno is not there im cool jarvis jones as the pick. dude is a player for sure

I think Nix is thinking of a very short list of players he'd take at 8. Jarvis Jones is on that list. Jones is perfect for Pettine--any scheme fit, lot of rush moves, plays well in space, and he's in NFL D now. Only one player in college had 13.5 sacks and 22.5 TFLs. That was Jones. This year's Von Miller, who was on Buddy's radar until the Broncos took him.

I think Nix is thinking of a very short list of players he'd take at 8. Jarvis Jones is on that list. Jones is perfect for Pettine--any scheme fit, lot of rush moves, plays well in space, and he's in NFL D now. Only one player in college had 13.5 sacks and 22.5 TFLs. That was Jones. This year's Von Miller, who was on Buddy's radar until the Broncos took him.

Hate to keep disagreeing Astro...But I don't think Jarvis Jones is on the Bills list at all...I doubt he's on any teams list as a top 10 pick...

Now that does not mean Jones will not turn out to be a good NFL OLB in a 3-4...Jones was an elite College OLB...No question about it...But he has some major strikes against him that will push him down the Draft board...He's a REAL high risk prospect when you are talking about a top 10 pick...Teams want players that are SUPER clean when we're talking about top 10...They want clean health, and they want plus side on height, size, and speed...Lastly they want excellent production at the College level...Jones can check off the production box...And that's it...

The 1st strike against Jones is the possible medical issues with his spine...Then he supposedly had a hammy at his workout...The second strike is the terrible 40 times he ran...Granted he could have been dinged up...But when you run in the 4.95 range there is absolutely no way to convince scouts that you're really a 4.6 guy when healthy...Just no way...The 3rd strike is the fact that he is a smaller-tweener type...If you consider Demarcus Ware to be the prototype size for a hybrid OLB...Ware's about 6-4-260...Jones is 6-2-245...So Jones is two inches smaller and 15 lbs lighter than ideal ...Plus slower...Plus the medicals...Too much risk for the top 10...I would be flat out shocked if Jones went in the 1st 15 picks...Most GM's will let other teams take the risk, or wait it out till Jones is available at a point where he becomes a bargain despite his drawbacks... B-)

Matthieu can get into more trouble in NYC or Philly than the Buffalo Applebee's.

He's a good risk in RD4-5.

I agree - Buffalo needs top talent, so they can't shrug off these top talents who drop into the middle rounds. Of any team out there, Buffalo should be taking these risks after round 4. Rounds 5 - UDFA should be all about high ceiling guys. We need strength and speed and talent, and it's obvious that we're at a real disadvantage trying to bring in talent via FA, so the college ranks are where we need to land these guys, not to mention they are on the cheap. I think Buffalo would be wise to invest in a department solely for scouting the small schools and the under-the-radar players, since we need to strike gold with those investments more than most teams.

Swope will be gone in mid second round. Speedster and dependable. Hello NE Pats.

Not after they take Tavon Austin in RD1...

I agree - Buffalo needs top talent, so they can't shrug off these top talents who drop into the middle rounds. Of any team out there, Buffalo should be taking these risks after round 4. Rounds 5 - UDFA should be all about high ceiling guys. We need strength and speed and talent, and it's obvious that we're at a real disadvantage trying to bring in talent via FA, so the college ranks are where we need to land these guys, not to mention they are on the cheap. I think Buffalo would be wise to invest in a department solely for scouting the small schools and the under-the-radar players, since we need to strike gold with those investments more than most teams.

This is a good year for small school, under-the-radar players. 3 of the 4 players the Bills brought in this week at Safety and WR weren't on the 400 player list that I had, that DraftScout had, and that Walter Football had on March 1.

And KOKBILLS, we'll just have to disagree about Jarvis Jones. I've munched together all NFL mock drafts and Jarvis Jones is #3-15 in half of them, and #3-24 in all but a few. He'll go to the Jets if we pass him up.

And KOKBILLS, we'll just have to disagree about Jarvis Jones. I've munched together all NFL mock drafts and Jarvis Jones is #3-15 in half of them, and #3-24 in all but a few. He'll go to the Jets if we pass him up.

That would be great Astro! I would rather the Jets take that risk for sure...That's a win/win in my book!!! B-)

Mark my words Matthieu will not get out of the 3rd Round..I would bet almost anything on that...And there is a very good chance one team will take him late in the 2nd...It only takes one...And teams are falling in love with the package he brings...Pot smoking aside of course... B-)

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

GO BILLS!!!

I've added recent TN visits, and like Mychal Rivera (Bills have first name misspelled; hopefully they fix that before turning in their card in RD5):

RD5---, TE Mychal Rivera, OG JC Tretter, TE Ryan Griffin, WR Zach Rogers

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.