Steve Johnson's interesting tweet.

Some folks may look at this as a joke and nothing more,

but how does another country and its people view what Stevie Johnson just tweeted to the whole world?

Are we going to explain in every language its just a joke?

C'mon man, you really think someone in Germany gives a crap about Stevie Johnsons' statement. Really? How about a third world country????

Your sensitivity is more in question now than sj's comment.

A veteran before you posted it not being a big deal.

I'm done with the subject.

Well, there is a need to nitpick, .

No there isn't. Not about this subject.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Why so serious"

"Happy New Years"

why work out in the off season.

making fun of war and bombing an American city.

This is all fun and funny if you are winning. But Stevie you have proven to be a mediocre reciever an on a very poor team. How bout positng something that is not controversial and good for the team. How bout being a leader (you are certainly overcompensated for it).

It will be interesting to see if Marrone actually has the testicals to deal with this jackass. Again, as long as this guy is on the team they will be under .500.

And btw the tweet is a subtle admission that you (Stevie) feel that this team cannot beat the Pats- what a funny boy- "why so serious", because year after year we support this team and the team fails to deliver. So yes, you should be serious and you should understand that if you were on most other teams your behavior would not be tolerated. Seriously, what a loser this guy is.

you apparently have a personal hatred for Stevie Johnson. Did he bang your wife or something?

"As long as this guy is on our team we will be under .500"

Really?!? C'mon dude, get a grip and put the sniper rifle down.

C'mon man, you really think someone in Germany gives a crap about Stevie Johnsons' statement. Really? How about a third world country????

The subject being whether or not one of your best offensive players--one of the franchise's all-time leaders--has a ****ty attitude and a maturity problem??

The point I'm making is people are going to take things out of context. The bigger the language barrier the more distorted the message becomes.

And I'm sure if you had a basic comprehension of English you wouldn't be wetting your diaper over this.

ill agree with all this. The world most likely doesn't even know who Stevie Johnson let alone care about what he says. It would be like any of us caring about what Usain Bolt says publicly and he's a bigger star worldwide than Stevie will EVER be.

Nobody cares. And even if they did, why do we care? The only people this should piss off is the Patriots and they are probably laughing their asses off because they have beaten us like 10 years in a row with the exception of one lucky game.

ill agree with all this. The world most likely doesn't even know who Stevie Johnson let alone care about what he says. It would be like any of us caring about what Usain Bolt says publicly and he's a bigger star worldwide than Stevie will EVER be.

Nobody cares. And even if they did, why do we care? The only people this should piss off is the Patriots and they are probably laughing their asses off because they have beaten us like 10 years in a row with the exception of one lucky game.

If you were Coach Marrone, and you were aware of this recurring pattern of behavior, would you care?

Let's not debate whether said pattern exists, for the sake of the hypothetical, let's assume it did...

I don't think there is anyone on earth (except for Kevin Kolb's mother) who is locking him in as the Bills starter for any lenth of time and/or expecting great thngs from him. My thinking is that he has potential to be decent when he is healthy. Why not bring him in and let him compete with TJax and a rookie. Whomever wins the job is camp is the starter for the short term with the long term goal of having the rookie take over when he is ready. Maybe we get lucky and Kolb grabs the job and kicks ass. More likely, he performs OK for 6 weeks and then gets injured. Either way, I think it is worth a shot.

As far as wanting Brad Smith to be in the QB competition, I think that is just silly. He is not an NFL QB (nor is he a viable NFL WR, but that's another discussion).

If the short term becomes the whole 2013 season, I will be dissapointed.

I agree with your "it is worth a shot" part, BUT NOT WITH HIM.

I have zero faith in him. Zero.

Since kolb is such an inferior qb TO ME, it is not silly, TO ME. I prefer brad doing his stupid wild cat over and over vs the crap kolb will be doing. Yuck.

Rookie qb and Tjax. That's it for me!!! If you have to bring in someone, bring in Tebow or VYoung, anybody except Kevin Kolb.

I can respect your opinion, I hope you can respect/understand mine.

If you were Coach Marrone, and you were aware of this recurring pattern of behavior, would you care?

Let's not debate whether said pattern exists, for the sake of the hypothetical, let's assume it did...

No. I think the Bills players love Stevie Johnson. I think he's great for the team and organization even if he does and says some stupid stuff. You have to take the good with the bad.

The team wouldn't send him out with video crews to tape him in big cities with Bills Backer groups if they didn't think he was a valuable and favorable public asset.

any coach that isn't old or a southern hick like Nix or Gailey knows that kids talk like this now days. Kids tweet, email, text, Facebook, and are irresponsible for the most part. Especially diva WRs in the NFL. All that should matter is on the field he scores TDs, gains yards, first downs, and shows up in a weekly basis. Pretty sure Stevie covers all that. A comment like this doesn't hurt the team. Doesn't get a fine for the team, doesn't penalize the team. It does nothing. In assuming Marrone doesnt give give 2 F%#KS. Does that mean he going to put a "C" on Stevie's jersey? Probably a different story altogether.

Just sayin.

And I'm sure if you had a basic comprehension of English you wouldn't be wetting your diaper over this.

:nana:

dogs don't wear diapers, but I'll pee on your leg If I get the chance

You realize in many instances our kids look up to star athletes right?

I would further sub-divide his behavior.

If I were Coach Marrone, this tweet would not thrill me, and would put talking with him about behavior detrimental to the team higher on my "to do" list BUT I would not necessarily consider this specific instance as behavior detrimental to the team.

The "I don't work out in the offseason" bit is not becoming of a leader, and the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for celebrations I wouldn't tolerate, and both of those things are things I would specifically address with him and lay my expectations out in black and white.

This tweet, meh, it's Stevie being Stevie. For the record, I don't really view him as a team leader, and maybe that's why this really doesn't bother me on any level. I think he's probably a good guy, but I don't envision a team falling in line to follow him, regardless of whether his tweets consist of mindless BS or astrophysics.

Things players and people use to say to each other who they knew and thus got their sense of humor are now being broadcast by twitter.Personally i do not care at all about twitter and do not follow it one bit. It was designed i believe to allow people access to you and your activities. I do not dislike it nor do i think less of anyone who uses it. It is also my understanding that you must choose to follow someone on twitter. If you do not like what that person says or does, do not follow them. I understand the accountability aspect of your actions and words. Newspapers and reporters just need to make stories up, how sad is it that so much of our journalism has turned into reporting what people have said in a joke? I am sick of it. Our country lost its amazing sense of humor which was one reason we were such an awesome country.

Go cover real stories and things that need to be brought to the public's attention.

No. I think the Bills players love Stevie Johnson. I think he's great for the team and organization even if he does and says some stupid stuff. You have to take the good with the bad.

The team wouldn't send him out with video crews to tape him in big cities with Bills Backer groups if they didn't think he was a valuable and favorable public asset.

Marrone (in spite of what folks in the banners thread think) does not work with or for the communications department, so my question goes unanswered.

any coach that isn't old or a southern hick like Nix or Gailey knows that kids talk like this now days. Kids tweet, email, text, Facebook, and are irresponsible for the most part. Especially diva WRs in the NFL. All that should matter is on the field he scores TDs, gains yards, first downs, and shows up in a weekly basis. Pretty sure Stevie covers all that. A comment like this doesn't hurt the team. Doesn't get a fine for the team, doesn't penalize the team. It does nothing. In assuming Marrone doesnt give give 2 F%#KS. Does that mean he going to put a "C" on Stevie's jersey? Probably a different story altogether.

Just sayin.

How do you think Bellichick would have responded to:

Why so Serious?

Tweeting to God

Happy New Year

I don't work out

Let's bomb our rival

??

How come we never see this behavior from Patriots* players...wait...whoops

(at least Gronk, though, is tops at his position. Stevie, quite frankly, is not.)

I would further sub-divide his behavior.

If I were Coach Marrone, this tweet would not thrill me, and would put talking with him about behavior detrimental to the team higher on my "to do" list BUT I would not necessarily consider this specific instance as behavior detrimental to the team.

The "I don't work out in the offseason" bit is not becoming of a leader, and the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for celebrations I wouldn't tolerate, and both of those things are things I would specifically address with him and lay my expectations out in black and white.

This tweet, meh, it's Stevie being Stevie. For the record, I don't really view him as a team leader, and maybe that's why this really doesn't bother me on any level. I think he's probably a good guy, but I don't envision a team falling in line to follow him, regardless of whether his tweets consist of mindless BS or astrophysics.

I'm not taking this tweet in a vacuum.

Things players and people use to say to each other who they knew and thus got their sense of humor are now being broadcast by twitter.Personally i do not care at all about twitter and do not follow it one bit. It was designed i believe to allow people access to you and your activities. I do not dislike it nor do i think less of anyone who uses it. It is also my understanding that you must choose to follow someone on twitter. If you do not like what that person says or does, do not follow them. I understand the accountability aspect of your actions and words. Newspapers and reporters just need to make stories up, how sad is it that so much of our journalism has turned into reporting what people have said in a joke? I am sick of it. Our country lost its amazing sense of humor which was one reason we were such an awesome country.

Go cover real stories and things that need to be brought to the public's attention.

I'd imagine 99% of all reporters 50 and under use twitter. The only reason a reporter doesn't is if he or she is stubbornly old school or pining for the past that will never return. It's a fabulous tool for reporters although I'm sure some will argue its worth, or the pluses versus minuses. Plus, they will almost all follow a guy like Stevie who says crazy shhit if they have any connection to Bills football at all. Stevie has 123,000 followers.

Nor was I. I'm suggesting that you try to limit the actions that really do hurt the team (setting a poor example and taking stupid showboating penalties) and ignore the ones that constitute nothing more than a leopard showing off his spots. Fight the battles that are worth fighting. Do you really think over the next however many seasons that Johnson is in a Bills uniform that he isn't going to tweet something stupid again. I'm saying he doesn't deserve a spanking from the coach for every mindless offseason tweet. That will only lead to frustration for both the coach and player.

Some folks may look at this as a joke and nothing more,

but how does another country and its people view what Stevie Johnson just tweeted to the whole world?

Are we going to explain in every language its just a joke?

We have same-sex marriage in this country! They're already laughing at us.

How do you think Bellichick would have responded to:

Why so Serious?

Tweeting to God

Happy New Year

I don't work out

Let's bomb our rival

??

How come we never see this behavior from Patriots* players...wait...whoops

(at least Gronk, though, is tops at his position. Stevie, quite frankly, is not.)

i was just about to comment about how Welker had a few minute interview where he kept commenting about Rexys foot fetish. Just sayin. FWIW, I think Welker was sat for about a drive when that happened.

And IMO, I don't think BB cares about much of anything besides winning games and if its not going to affect his Sunday, he probably could care less. Just my opinion tho.

I'd imagine 99% of all reporters 50 and under use twitter. The only reason a reporter doesn't is if he or she is stubbornly old school or pining for the past that will never return. It's a fabulous tool for reporters although I'm sure some will argue its worth, or the pluses versus minuses. Plus, they will almost all follow a guy like Stevie who says crazy shhit if they have any connection to Bills football at all. Stevie has 123,000 followers.

So are you saying reporters will follow a guy like Stevie because they know he will say something off the wall and thus they can report it? And if so are these people really reporters or just people who like passing along silly comments?

I get it is chicken and egg because the public actually talk about this information. It just is sad that journalism has turned into entertainment instead of information on many levels, not all.