Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

Like I said. You'll warm up to Nassib. This 40 stuff is such a non issue. BTW... Have you ever watched Brady run? Ever see Marino run... or was he before your time? And, questioning Nassib's arm strength. C'mon, you're probably a die hard Penn State fan envious that Nassib didn't go there. Go back and watch the video... this time at regular speed, not slow motion.

Be objective. The top six qbs all have decent measureables. Some have better guns, some better wheels, some better height, some bigger hands (Nassib), some bigger hearts. Not all are a good fit for the Bills and what they're going to do but one of them is.

Remember, a lot of teams didn't think a lot of Russell Wilson.

You were fine until that last part. -WRONG, but fine.

Comparing Wilson's collegiate body of work, to some 8-5 scrub, who's slower than molasses, and owns the personality of cardboard is wrong in ways yet to be discovered by science. You should really track down some footage of Wilson's college games... Sounds to me like you haven't seen any.

So by saying Russell Wilson was passed up by every NFL Football team, and not just once, where is this collegite body of work comparison you speak of?

All Dr Trooth was pointing out is just because a QB may not live up to every standard a fan or even scout/football team may put upon them, their are things that can't be measured by stats like leadership and heart.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone knows this. He knows Geno Smith is a head case....and not worthy of a 1st round pick. He pasted em hard at Syracuse. Thankfully we dont have to worry about Smith being drafted by the Bills. Barkley is the guy. They'll draft Barkley if he's available. Otherwise they'll take a Nassib..Manual..Bray..Glennon ...Scott etc. in round 2-3-4.

Yep Nassib is slow but he can throw. Geno Smith can run but his accuracy is terrible. Who would you rather have?

Elaborate more about the "head case" picture you have painted of geno smith ? Funny I havent heard anything negative from anyone

Genos accuracy is terrible ? I think your gonna need to brush up on your ratios The kids over 70% completion ratio, Pinpoint accuracy is actually his thing. Geno doesnt really run that often either, he's an old school pocket passer.

Someone mentioned nassib and Gabbert together earlier , comin outta nowhere. No thanks to iron foot Nassib IMO

Edited by Ryan L Billz

So by saying Russell Wilson was passed up by every NFL Football team, and not just once, where is this collegite body of work comparison you speak of?

All Dr Trooth was pointing out is just because a QB may not live up to every standard a fan or even scout/football team may put upon them, their are things that can't be measured by stats like leadership and heart.

I'm saying that Russell Wilson's game, coming out of college, had ZERO deficiencies. All the dumass pro scouts got hung up on was his height. -That's it.

Nassib's situation is different. There are significant aspects to his game that lead folks to believe he's not ready for the pro's. Not the least of these being his immobility, inaccuracy, and uncharismatic nature. To be blunt, when I look at Ryan Nassib, I see Russell Wilson's caddy.

Edited by #34fan

I'm saying that Russell Wilson's game, coming out of college, had ZERO deficiencies. All the dumass pro scouts got hung up on was his height. -That's it.

Nassib's situation is different. There are significant aspects to his game that lead folks to believe he's not ready for the pro's. Not the least of these being his immobility, inaccuracy, and uncharismatic nature. To be blunt, when I look at Ryan Nassib, I see Russell Wilson's caddy.

We'll this is what you posted in response to Dr Trooths post:

"Comparing Wilson's collegiate body of work, to some 8-5 scrub, who's slower than molasses, and owns the personality of cardboard is wrong in ways yet to be discovered by science. You should really track down some footage of Wilson's college games... Sounds to me like you haven't seen any."

Again, where is the collegiate body of work comparison?

or are you just looking for anything you can disagree with/ be negative about concerning Ryan Nassib

Like I said. You'll warm up to Nassib. This 40 stuff is such a non issue. BTW... Have you ever watched Brady run? Ever see Marino run... or was he before your time? And, questioning Nassib's arm strength. C'mon, you're probably a die hard Penn State fan envious that Nassib didn't go there. Go back and watch the video... this time at regular speed, not slow motion.

Be objective. The top six qbs all have decent measureables. Some have better guns, some better wheels, some better height, some bigger hands (Nassib), some bigger hearts. Not all are a good fit for the Bills and what they're going to do but one of them is.

Remember, a lot of teams didn't think a lot of Russell Wilson.

I challenge you to go and watch "Ryan Nassib vs USC" and "Matt Scott vs USC" back to back on youtube.

Only one of them shows Brady's composure, heart and leadership.

Only one of them shows Marino's rapid fire release.

Only one of them shows Wilson's quick feet and athleticism.

I want to keep this video handy for anyone that wants to post BS about Ryan Nassib.

If you can watch this video and still say Nassib has a noodle arm, or doesn't have enough speed or pocket awareness to be successful behind center, then more power to you.

but its simply not true...

Edited by dog14787

I challenge you to go and watch "Ryan Nassib vs USC" and "Matt Scott vs USC" back to back on youtube.

I've watched video of both of them and the difference is indeed pronounced.

Nassib looks like a QB in comntrol of his offense while Scott looks like a guy running around trying to figure out how to play QB.

Your repeated endorsements of Scott as a combination of Brady/Marino/Wilson are becoming quite the embarrassment.

You were fine until that last part. -WRONG, but fine.

Comparing Wilson's collegiate body of work, to some 8-5 scrub, who's slower than molasses, and owns the personality of cardboard is wrong in ways yet to be discovered by science. You should really track down some footage of Wilson's college games... Sounds to me like you haven't seen any.

1) wilson played on a top college program with top talent all around him. Nassib didn't.

2) Nassib is a pocket passer. Wilson is not. There is no comparison, only that people like you severely underrated both of them.

3) Wilson was a 3rd rounder. Nassib will go no worse than round 2.

4) Marino was slower than mud

5) Both Mannings are slower than mud

6) Rivers is slower than mud

7) Flacco is slower than mud

8) Brady is slower than a tree, has an average arm, and a personality of an ice cube.

I did not realize 40 time was a pre requisite to being a superbowl QB or a hall of fame QB. My bad.

By your standard, Nassib has no chance. PS... He broke most of McNabb's records. McNabb didn't play long in the NFL, nor did he ever participate in a a superbowl, right?

Whatever Nassib lacks in 40 time he will overwhelmingly make up with smarts, savvy, guts, quick release, leadership, and 'w's.

Edited by Dr. Trooth

I want to keep this video handy for anyone that wants to post BS about Ryan Nassib.

If you can watch this video and still say Nassib has a noodle arm, or doesn't have enough speed or pocket awareness to be successful behind center, then more power to you.

but its simply not true...

WATCH HIS TAPE AGAINST RUTGERS>GO TO YOU TUBE .THAT IS Ryan NASSIB..Fumbles, picks, ints.

Trade down to the later part of the 1st round. If Marrone is married to Nassib, grab him...or whatever QB they like in this draft

If we don't have a shot at Geno or possibly Barkley I agree move back a few slots and grab an extra pick or 2

One thing that intrigues me (if they draft Nassib) is the learning curve "should" be faster than normal, given he has the same coach / OC. May add some continuity, stability...or whatever word describes it !!

I "think" Tannehill from the Phins had a similar situation his rookie season.

jb

WATCH HIS TAPE AGAINST RUTGERS>GO TO YOU TUBE .THAT IS Ryan NASSIB..Fumbles, picks, ints.

No doubt about it, he had a bad game against rutgers and he took physical beat down in that game too. It also emphasizes the lack of talent around him. Most every college qb has a game like that at some point.

So, that's what you got? That's the absolute best dirt you've got on him? You pick his one bad game to proclaim that "this is Nassib", totally diminishing his body of work and totally throwing out the fact that since that game he went 6-1 the rest of the season throwing 15 tds 2 pix and a rushing td while defeating an undefeated Louisville team (Bridgewater) , Missouri, and West Virginia (Geno Smith).

Many thanks for enlightening us and sharing the trooth, the whole trooth, and nothing but the trooth.

I guess the good news is that there is a very high possibility of getting either Nassib, Barkley, or Geno at 8. Doesn't that at least give people some hope?

For good measure, we can also pick up Scott in the 3rd or 4th. I think that may solve the QB problem.

Edited by kas23

One thing that intrigues me (if they draft Nassib) is the learning curve "should" be faster than normal, given he has the same coach / OC. May add some continuity, stability...or whatever word describes it !!

I "think" Tannehill from the Phins had a similar situation his rookie season.

jb

there is probably something to be said about familiarity with one's coaches. if he is brought in, he will certainly know what is expected of him on and off the field, and he should have a pretty good grasp of the overall offensive philosophy as well. i'm sure that the playbook would differ quite a bit from what they ran at syracuse, but this particualar qb would definately have an advantage over other drafted qb's in that regard.

also, i think that there would be a comfortability factor involved here. that could go either way depending on nassibs internal make up. but by all accounts he is an average athelete with a great work ethic and i see that as a benefit for the team overall. if his teammates see him working hard, then they in turn should do the same.

and lastly, the immeasureable qualities that nassib seems to have would also come into play. if he is a dedicated, hard working, blue collar guy who has good natural leadership skills, that sounds good to me.

having said all that, i don't know if he is the guy or not. but if this staff feels he is the best fit for the team coming out in this draft, i have no problem with him being selected at 8, or 41 or anywhere in between.

No doubt about it, he had a bad game against rutgers and he took physical beat down in that game too. It also emphasizes the lack of talent around him. Most every college qb has a game like that at some point.

So, that's what you got? That's the absolute best dirt you've got on him? You pick his one bad game to proclaim that "this is Nassib", totally diminishing his body of work and totally throwing out the fact that since that game he went 6-1 the rest of the season throwing 15 tds 2 pix and a rushing td while defeating an undefeated Louisville team (Bridgewater) , Missouri, and West Virginia (Geno Smith).

Many thanks for enlightening us and sharing the trooth, the whole trooth, and nothing but the trooth.

He didn`t look too good at TEMPLE or Pitt either. He did look Okay against power house StonyBrook.

Yet that doesn't seem to enter into most critics' impressions of Geno Smith, who "lost" games for his team regardless of the quality of his defense and offensieve (sic) line.

I've watched video of both of them and the difference is indeed pronounced.

Nassib looks like a QB in comntrol of his offense while Scott looks like a guy running around trying to figure out how to play QB.

Your repeated endorsements of Scott as a combination of Brady/Marino/Wilson are becoming quite the embarrassment.

I was replying to a guy who was comparing Nassib to all three...Brady, Marino and Wilson.

What's embarrassing is that apparently you and others here seem to think Ryan Nassib possesses these qualities. At least Scott does show these qualities on video. The ball rockets out of Matt Scott's arm in comparison of Nassib's rather ordinary release and ball speed.

It's like Nassib's video is in slow speed vs Scott's game against USC. Also, did you happen to check out the scoreboard? Scott was concussed, he threw up and he still had the heart to tough it out with a come from behind win. There's no doubt in my mind that Scott will be picked ahead of Nassib. Scott will be picked in the second round and Nassib will fall to the fourth. That's the difference between a true prospect and a quality backup/flyer QB like Nassib.

I swear, people have some serious western new york blinders on with this Nassib kid. Basically, he's a slower version of Colt McCoy. We all know how he turned out.

Edited by 1billsfan

I was replying to a guy who was comparing Nassib to all three...Brady, Marino and Wilson.

What's embarrassing is that apparently you and others here seem to think Ryan Nassib possesses these qualities. At least Scott does show these qualities on video. The ball rockets out of Matt Scott's arm in comparison of Nassib's rather ordinary release and ball speed.

It's like Nassib's video is in slow speed vs Scott's game against USC. Also, did you happen to check out the scoreboard? Scott was concussed, he threw up and he still had the heart to tough it out with a come from behind win. There's no doubt in my mind that Scott will be picked ahead of Nassib. Scott will be picked in the second round and Nassib will fall to the fourth. That's the difference between a true prospect and a quality backup/flyer QB like Nassib.

I swear, people have some serious western new york blinders on with this Nassib kid. Basically, he's a slower version of Colt McCoy. We all know how he turned out.

Its very likely in my humble opinion Ryan Nassib will get picked 8th overall just to avoid another team from drafting him ahead of us, and the new regime will still be breathing a sigh of relief,

I know I will be,

Lets see who's closer to being correct...

Edited by dog14787