Patterson or Eifert

Even though we have just signed Kolb I think we will draft a guy in the first two rounds. Though i think if Geno isnt there when we pick in the first then we should focus on getting one of these two guys. They would be nice weapons for our rookie quarterback to have for years to come. My question to u guys is which do u go with? They are both dynamic and i would love having either one of them on our offense. My pick is Eifert. He is the closest to what Nix says is a guy that's open when he's covered.

It's hard to know what the Bills are thinking, for me. Signing Kolb, to me, indicates that they are not going to pick a QB at #8. I am thinking, more likely they try to get their QB later in the draft. Later, as in, not the first two rounds. If they pass on a QB pick at #8, they will have a tough time getting a top QB prospect at #41 (or is it #42?), without trading up. I am starting to think the Bills just are not really enamored with any of the big name QB prospects...it has been assumed that they are interested in Nassib, but who knows that for sure?

All that said, I would lean toward Patterson, if, indeed, he is available at #8. Eifert would be a nice pick up too, but I am leery of picking a tight end that high in the draft, to plug into an offense that has so many question marks. Kolb is known to have decent, or adequate, arm strength...maybe he can get the ball down-field with Patterson.

Patterson scares me a little but is the big physical receiver that a lot of us have been hoping for and I love Eifert but with all the holes in D and the need to replace Andy, do you really think we can take a TE at 8?

Well Vernon Davis was drafted with the 6th overall pick the year he was drafted so definitely think its possible

Edited by bufffan031

A TE would have to be pretty special to even be considered taking in the top ten

Patterson is a playmaker that probably isn't as polished of a WR as AJ Green or Julio Jones were when they came out but would fill a big need for this team

Edited by Max997

I think it would be tough to pick a TE that high unless he was the 2nd coming of Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzales.

I am leery of Patterson's one year of production that high in the draft and think there will still be WR help available in round 2 & 3.

I prefer Lane Johnson, Dion Jordan or Dee Milliner, if available.

That isn't to say that Eifert and Patterson are not very good prospects, I'd just prefer some of the other prospects.

I dont think that we should go offensive line at all with first pick. The rest of our oline is intact with the exception of Levitre and we need impact players at skill positions. I do believe Eifert is a special player and wouldnt mind taking next possible Tony Gonzalez at 8. Patterson would also be nice. Our quarterback needs some major weapons to throw to

Edited by bufffan031

I dont think that we should go offensive line at all with first pick. The rest of our oline is intact with the exception of Levitre and we need impact players at skill positions. I do believe Eifert is a special player and wouldnt mind taking next possible Tony Gonzalez at 8. Patterson would also be nice. Our quarterback needs some major weapons to throw to

i agree that the rest of the OL is in tact, but I didn't think they were that good last year. I believe that for all of his shortcomings, Fitz was good at making quick throws which (I believe) masked some pass protection deficiencies.

No doubt, I think that there may be bigger needs, but a 2nd top level tackle could help the run game and provide very good pass protection - both of which help whomever plays QB.

Heck, given my lack of confidence in the rookie QB crop, I could see value in Lane Johnson in the first and their favorite WR or TE in the second.

I recognize that is just my opinion and also know that doesn't help the defense.

As a radical idea, I could also advocate for Star Lotulelei in round 1, if available. He could play NT w Dareus and Kyle Williams at end and Mario Williams playing rush LB

After much back and forth, I'm hoping for Patterson. He's not a Buddy-type pick, given his limited resume, and 8 is too high, but the movement skills and RAC he displays in this video clip made my jaw drop. I can't recall a Bill since OJ that showed the stop-start-stop-start ability to make defenders miss he does. Almost Barry Sanders-esq:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odURBHfLj0A

Raw as a WR, but what phenomenal run after the catch ability. He'd be amazing in combo with CJ in the backfield.

Add Manuel at pick 41, give them a year to acclimate to the NFL (in what's going to be a rebuilding season anyway) and have a good chance of having a "thunder and lightning" set of triplets for 2014...

Edited by Lurker

Eifert could be a great asset for a young QB this year or next, or a QB who has been known to not take the pressure. I would take him over Patterson... but, there are other options, better options, I feel at 8.