Drafttek Mock, QB P3

boyst

Just ran Drafttek, put QB at 3...I figured Astro wouldn't get too upset.

1. Jarvis Jones - OLB - Georgia

2. Justin Hunter - WRF - Tenn.

3. Sean Porter - ILB - TA&M

4. Travis Kelce - TE - Cinci

5. Matt Scott - QB - Arizona

6. Dallas Thomas - OT - Tennesee

I am happy with this...

edit: Misspelling

Edited by jboyst62

Since I made the post, I am linking some profiles:

3. Sean Porter

ILB

6'1, 229

40: 4.69, Benched 225 22 times, 9'11" broad jump, 35" vertical

Lead the big 12 with sacks, 9.5, and third in conf for TOL, 17. Compared to Nick Barnett, he is a Jack of all trades, master of none. Size and athleticism - good, and he should be able able to start early in his career, they say.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/1700937/sean-porter

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1665010

4. Kelce

Cincinnati

6'5, 255 lbs.

40: 4.58 - 4.79

5th out of all TE's.

Had a Sports Hernia Jan 20th, 2013

Was suspended an entire season for violation of team rules at Cinci.

Has athletic movements, and a lot of range to catch. Tough to bring down, and a very physical player. Elevated his receving game this year.

Compared to Rob Gronkowski

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/travis-kelce?id=2540258

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1725130

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=83323&draftyear=2013&genpos=TE

7. Dallas Thomas

OT, Tennesee

6'5" 306 lbs.

40: 5.08

Ranked 125, and CBS has him 13th at position with projected round 4.

He had a shoulder injury 2/7/2013

Him slipping to 4???? I'd need Astro to chime in here.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1695513/dallas-thomas

I've never heard of Kelce, but everyone else in that draft is solid.

So, if they compare him to Gronk, he has some attitude, and he can continue to improve then I am fine with the guy. He and Lee Smith at TE with some attitude... I am fine with that because Marrone seems to be the guy to put it in check.

I am happy with this...

I'll take this right now. lock it in.

I am happy with this...

If Dallas Thomas lasts until the 6th round I'll tattoo Drafttek on my forehead. It will never happen.

I would take this draft though.

Edited by H2o

I think that the combination of Jones' medical concerns and his very concerning 4.9+ 40 yard dash drops him out of the top 15. Now, I know that there are some good LBs playing in the NFL who ran poor 40 times, including Terrell Suggs, but for a guy who is not THAT big and is supposed to be a pass rusher first and foremost, his speed (or lack thereof) is a big red flag in the top 10.

Sure, I'd take Terrell Suggs' career at #8 this year, but can you really bet the farm on that? Suggs is almost 20 lbs larger than Jarvis Jones.

I think that the combination of Jones' medical concerns and his very concerning 4.9+ 40 yard dash drops him out of the top 15. Now, I know that there are some good LBs playing in the NFL who ran poor 40 times, including Terrell Suggs, but for a guy who is not THAT big and is supposed to be a pass rusher first and foremost, his speed (or lack thereof) is a big red flag in the top 10.

Sure, I'd take Terrell Suggs' career at #8 this year, but can you really bet the farm on that? Suggs is almost 20 lbs larger than Jarvis Jones.

That is a big reason I would hope that Deon Jordan or that other dude, Ogletree is available. Jordan first.

This article leaves me with some concerns about Jordan:

http://thesidelinevi...-rushers-tier-1

In the first chart, it merely shows that Jordan probably dropped into coverage more than the other pass rushers which is consistent with how he was used at Oregon. He often lined up in the slot heads up on a tight end or slot receiver.

The second chart shows is described thusly: The goal is to describe how much help each player got from their teammates. A lower number means their teammate’s provided less pressure and that the pass rusher did more on their own. Jordan had the second lowest number. Also on that chart it shows that Oregon averaged 3.91 pass rushers on the plays where Jordan got pressure. That was the lowest average number of pass rushers and shows that he had the least help as far as number of pass rushers sent.

The third chart is strength of schedule and there's nothing Jordan could do about that.

The fourth chart shows that by a wide margin, Jordan got his sacks in the 3rd and 4th quarters, what the study showed as the "most clutch" time to get sacks.

That study does almost nothing to make one concerned about Dion Jordan's pass rush abilities.

However there is cause for concern regarding Jordan. He played the later part of the season with a torn labrum in his shoulder which affected his performance. He had surgery after the combine in late February and will not be able to lift weights for 3-4 months which will make it hard for him to increase his weight and strength, two of his bigger question marks.

It's said that if anything drops Jordan out of the top ten that it will be his shoulder rehab.

I've never heard of Kelce, but everyone else in that draft is solid.

I go to UC and Kelce would be an absolute steal in the 4th round. Just like what was said prior, he has range, good hands, great size, and outruns safeties down the field. I have been saying this for some time about Kelce. If he came in to play TE he wouldn't even be battling for the starting job. The only reason he is not in round 1 or 2 is because he couldn't go to the combine because of his injury. Mark my words.

I go to UC and Kelce would be an absolute steal in the 4th round. Just like what was said prior, he has range, good hands, great size, and outruns safeties down the field. I have been saying this for some time about Kelce. If he came in to play TE he wouldn't even be battling for the starting job. The only reason he is not in round 1 or 2 is because he couldn't go to the combine because of his injury. Mark my words.

Good to get some insight on him. I didn't mean to imply that because I hadn't heard of him he wasn't good, just that I couldn't comment one way or the other. Suspension seems harsh, but I can't find any mention of details.

EDIT: Doing some quick looking around, not much agreement that he will last until the 4th.

Edited by Faustus