Luke Tasker

JohnC

I got this clip from WGRZ. It showed some tape of Luke Tasker, a receiver from Cornell. He probably is a free agent type prospect who might be more suitable for the CFL. What is so evident is that the father is gushing with pride over his son as a football player and as a person.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/207734/37/Luke-Tasker-Following-in-his-Dads-Footsteps

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve belongs in the HOF. Luke, I would rather he go to another team and try to make a name for himself. Coming here, I know we would love and embrace him, but he would be better off on a different team.

Also, We shouuld give him a shot!!!!! He will be just like his dad!!!!

Edited by jboyst62

Steve belongs in the HOF. Luke, I would rather he go to another team and try to make a name for himself. Coming here, I know we would love and embrace him, but he would be better off on a different team.

When Steve Tasker was asked if he should be in the HOF he said no. And then he went on to explain how many other great players there were who have not been selected. Steve is the epitomy of what you want an athlete to be in effort, character and attitude. Never an exhibitionist on the field. Simply all class.

There was a short period of time when the Bills had injuries to its receiver corps. He filled in as a receiver. He was terrific. Had glue like hands and was able to find the holes in the defense. He could have been the pre-Welker if he was allowed to just play as a receiver.

When Steve Tasker was asked if he should be in the HOF he said no. And then he went on to explain how many other great players there were who have not been selected. Steve is the epitomy of what you want an athlete to be in effort, character and attitude. Never an exhibitionist on the field. Simply all class.

There was a short period of time when the Bills had injuries to its receiver corps. He filled in as a receiver. He was terrific. Had glue like hands and was able to find the holes in the defense. He could have been the pre-Welker if he was allowed to just play as a receiver.

I do not know, not to hijack this to a Steve thread, but I remember him being played at WR and not fairing all that well..

I do not know, not to hijack this to a Steve thread, but I remember him being played at WR and not fairing all that well..

not to hijack your hijack, but he did pretty darn well for himself when our receivers were all banged up. Had a stretch of very good games and not as a young player. Still...his forte was ST and he was the best.

i remember tasker very well and he was an absolute terror on special teams. there are people who had half a foot and near 100 pounds on him that could not come close to hitting with the impact that tasker had. he is one of my all time favorite bills. to this day, i will sit with my stepson and watch old bills footage and say "that is how its done!"

also, if steve would have been a full time reciever, he may have done well, but i don't think he would have had anywhere near the impact he had as a special teams demon.

Edited by swnybillsfan

if he has his father's work ethic, he's got a chance.

I agree with previous posters who have said he should look to go to a different team to carve out his own niche. Too much distraction and pressure if he were to try to come here and succeed.

Good luck Luke, it is best that you go so someplace else for a while unless Buffalo is your only choice to play.

These are not your father's fans anymore.

This is from my website which Cox closed down since "they were not being used by members"; considering I had my website up for 10 years I guess they meant users they carried about.

Date: November 24, 1996

Jim Kelly once said that no one could cover Steve Tasker as a wide receiver and he proved it that day.

Steve Tasker had the most productive offensive game of his career as a Wide Receiver as he racked up 160 yards on 6 catches with 2 touchdowns vs. NJ Jets. His 160 yards receiving vs. Jets was 8 more yards than he recorded in his first 10 seasons in the league.

Unfortunately his kamikaze catches made him a target for the Jets' back-field and he injured his knee in the game.

Steve was unstoppable by Jets Defense in that game and they needed to stop him by taking him out of the game.

Good luck Luke, it is best that you go so someplace else for a while unless Buffalo is your only choice to play.

These are not your father's fans anymore.

This is from my website which Cox closed down since "they were not being used by members"; considering I had my website up for 10 years I guess they meant users they carried about.

Date: November 24, 1996

Jim Kelly once said that no one could cover Steve Tasker as a wide receiver and he proved it that day.

Steve Tasker had the most productive offensive game of his career as a Wide Receiver as he racked up 160 yards on 6 catches with 2 touchdowns vs. NJ Jets. His 160 yards receiving vs. Jets was 8 more yards than he recorded in his first 10 seasons in the league.

Unfortunately his kamikaze catches made him a target for the Jets' back-field and he injured his knee in the game.

Steve was unstoppable by Jets Defense in that game and they needed to stop him by taking him out of the game.

I was at that game.

I've seen Luke play many times. He's pretty good and theres a spot for him on someone's roster in the NFL. He can make the tough catches and he's pretty fast. I agree he should probably look at teams other than the Bills. That would be a lot of pressure

I've seen Luke play many times. He's pretty good and theres a spot for him on someone's roster in the NFL. He can make the tough catches and he's pretty fast. I agree he should probably look at teams other than the Bills. That would be a lot of pressure

I haven't seen him, have no idea whether he is any good as a receiver. But, in this short interview, he doesn't strike me as someone who couldn't handle pressure.

Edited by The Beautiful East

I haven't seen him, have no idea whether he is any good as a receiver. But, in this short interview, he doesn't strike me as someone who couldn't handle pressure.

I agree.. But it may be a lot of added pressure on top of the pressure of trying to make an NFL squad.

Tasker seems like a humble guy. His ST play re-wrote the book. He was a guy you could count on, every time.

It may take years but he is one of the first ST stars for the NFL, that played at a very high level for years. He'll get in.