Could we play Balitmore Thursday night season opener?

mead107

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes some sense. Even though the Ravens are the champs, the NFL is forcing them to open on the road. To make up for it, maybe the league will give them a sacrificial lamb opponent in Week 1.

The NFL isnt

forcing them to open on the road.

The problem is The Orioles wouldnt adjust their schedule.

This dumbfounds me. How hard is it to postpone Thursdays game to Saturday 1pm for a day/night split DH. It would be in Septemebr so both teams will have extra arms to pitch if needed.

They cant move the game to 1pm on Thursday because of both teams need to travel into Baltimore from 7pm games on Wednesday.

As for potential game for the Ravens....

Outside their divisional foes its Miami, Buffalo, Denver, Chicago, and Detroit. Favorite would be Miami given their signing this offseason. Buffalo is possible but they are unattractive. Denver game CBS wants for a DH 4:25 game. Of the NFC games...CBS would prefer having the Chicago game over the detroit game. The chicago game is one for a 4:25pm DH game.

It'll be a long time before the Bills are on national prime time TV again.... talk about no fan interest, yikes.

Every team not on ESPN/NBC will be on an NFL network game.

I'd be Po'd if this game were in Orchard Park.. I plan on taking my young son to his first Bills game this season and we picked the Ravens game to come up for. Can't do it if it's on a Thurs night during the 2nd school week.

Typically the NFL tries to put a really attractive game out there... (Giants/Cowboys - bitter division rivals, Saints/Packers- both NFC title contenders). I just don't think the Bills provide the marquee level opponent the NFL is looking for. I can see them picking a divisional game vs. Pitt or Cinci if they can't do Denver.

• 3 weeks later...