Just watched replay of Bills @ Indy... and my thoughts

Cleaning out my DVR and decided to watch the 30 min replay from Directv... thoughts:

1. Wow CJ is good

2. Marcel played like a Pro Bowler. Man I hope he stays in shape this summer

3. Our linebackers are horrible

4. Fitz telegraphed 80% of his passes, and was horribly inaccurate

5. I shoulda cut Chan more slack on his playcalling...can't really trust Fitz and he played his hand the best he could

6. Forgot all about the great play Stevie made after Fitz' INT - tracked guy down and stripped him, recovered ball. Love him.

7. Mario will/can manhandle OL's with good wrist and no double team

8. Levitre will be hugely missed

9. Donald Jones is a good blocker and looked good. Shame that didn't work out.

10. I think we're 2 years away from playoffs - coaching, QB, and new LBs will make a short term difference.

Cleaning out my DVR and decided to watch the 30 min replay from Directv... thoughts:

1. Wow CJ is good

2. Marcel played like a Pro Bowler. Man I hope he stays in shape this summer

3. Our linebackers are horrible

4. Fitz telegraphed 80% of his passes, and was horribly inaccurate

5. I shoulda cut Chan more slack on his playcalling...can't really trust Fitz and he played his hand the best he could

6. Forgot all about the great play Stevie made after Fitz' INT - tracked guy down and stripped him, recovered ball. Love him.

8. Levitre will be hugely missed

9. Donald Jones is a good blocker and looked good. Shame that didn't work out.

10. I think we're 2 years away from playoffs - coaching, QB, and new LBs will make a short term difference.

1. Did you have to pause the recording after long runs to give him a breath?

2. I think he becomes the boards new Kelsay. Shame, too.

3. What linebackers?! Seriously? Do we have any linebackers? It is sick to think we have less then we did last year.

4. Who?

5. Who?

6. Anyone who thinks SJ13 is not a team player and not devoted to the Bills cause need watch that play and many others again.

7. Mario Williams wrist was the biggest problem of the year. We started out early, counted on him to lead the charge and realized that he could not - he was injured and not a leader.

8. I can only hope we have someone step in and perform. Why haven't we signed an OG yet?

9. YES. I thought of this instantly. Brady and Ridley in the backfield, with Gronk, Amendola, Donald Jones, and someone else... You have to respect the run. Donald Jones can handle most linebackers long enough to break a WR, so he will eat ours for breakfast. He might, if used correctly, be a valuable weapon to the hood.

Edited by jboyst62

Fitz likely would've still been the limiter but it would've been nice if Mario's wrist was good, dareus didnt have his issues (both conditioning and family), kyles bone spurs weren't acting up and Anderson was healthy. This should've been the heart and soul of the team and, despite not missing a ton of games outside of Anderson, all 4 struggled with issues that effected their play. If all 4 can shoot out if the gate we could be a lot more competitive than most give credit for.

I agree with all those points, but if you watch the New England game (pick one) or the San Francisco game, you'll come away with a lot less optimism. What did we give up, about 2,700 yards and 183 points in those two games?

We had games last year we could have one. We had games where we looked worse than a Pee Wee football team. I hope the housecleaning is the start of something new.

<snip> but it would've been nice if Mario's wrist was good, dareus didnt have his issues (both conditioning and family), kyles bone spurs weren't acting up and Anderson was healthy. This should've been the heart and soul of the team and, despite not missing a ton of games outside of Anderson, all 4 struggled with issues that effected their play. If all 4 can shoot out if the gate we could be a lot more competitive than most give credit for.

See #3. We still need linebackers to play behind them..

See #3. We still need linebackers to play behind them..

I wasn't claiming 16-0 here, but those 4 could have been impact players and we rarely saw one yet alone more than one.... Or heaven forbid all four at 100% at any point last year.

Obviously you need a full 11 on defense but these guys are a base to build on that many of the 2-14 crowd seem to forget.

I wasn't claiming 16-0 here, but those 4 could have been impact players and we rarely saw one yet alone more than one.... Or heaven forbid all four at 100% at any point last year.

Obviously you need a full 11 on defense but these guys are a base to build on that many of the 2-14 crowd seem to forget.

Definitely agree, but out of those 11 on defense LB is currently our achilles heel,

Please refrain from reminding me of the dreaded 2-14 (s). As a Bill's fan I came out of the closet here on the left coast when we drafted Bruce.

I was there for this one. 2nd time in Indy, first in new stadium. It's a beautiful stadium and the amenities are awesome (it's great walking up to an empty urinal every time) but man it just doesn't feel like you're at a football game. Feels very sterile like a Sabres game. I'm sure some of it has to do with the Indy fanbase. They were spoiled by Peyton and had Luck land in their lap. I have a few friends that live in Indy and they said during their one down year, you could get tickets for peanuts. Would love to see how they dealt with an extended playoff drought but that probably won't happen till Luck retires, sigh....

Anyways, I think Chan generally got the most out of our offense based on the crap QB and WR play overall. His downfall was not making CJ/Freddy the focal point of the offense, and just totally refusing to hold Wanny more accountable for the obvious schematic problems with the D.

I'm willing to give the new regime a shot but I feel like we're totally back at square one when only a year ago it seemed like we were on the brink of the playoffs. Who knows it may be better off in the long run as even if we made the playoffs with Fitzy and Chan I think we would have been waxed by a better team. Maybe we can finally rebuild the right way but I fear it's gonna take a couple years and that's awful hard to swallow after 13 years of no playoffs.

He can manhandle Winston Justice with a good wrist. 7 of his 10.5 sacks this season came against IND, STL, JAX and AZ. Buffalo needs better production in key moments from their best known player.

Well i suppose I will go and watch that game, having Gamepass. I can watch games from the previous 4 seasons usually I just try to watch the wins or games that were close. i just find watching the game they lose too painful to watch over again. One i continue to watch over and over again is when they beat the Pats with the Lindel kicking the winner.

He can manhandle Winston Justice with a good wrist. 7 of his 10.5 sacks this season came against IND, STL, JAX and AZ. Buffalo needs better production in key moments from their best known player.

werent those the closest to make or break games we had (ind, stl, jax being the last of the wildcard run)

he had the injury early, and the late games didnt much matter. in the middle is where he put up all his numbers

Well i suppose I will go and watch that game, having Gamepass. I can watch games from the previous 4 seasons usually I just try to watch the wins or games that were close. i just find watching the game they lose too painful to watch over again. One i continue to watch over and over again is when they beat the Pats with the Lindel kicking the winner.

Not to go off on a tangent...but I subscribe to that NFL Rewind every year...I purchase the pre-season package, the regular season, and the playoffs. I like to go back to watch things during the season...based on your post, I went back, just now to see if I could access anything in the off-season..of course not..freaking NFL! They want 24.99 to go back and access this past season through July 31st, 2013. I love football, but I really resent the NFL's mizerly stance toward fans sometimes!

Edited by Buftex

Not to go off on a tangent...but I subscribe to that NFL Rewind every year...I purchase the pre-season package, the regular season, and the playoffs. I like to go back to watch things during the season...based on your post, I went back, just now to see if I could access anything in the off-season..of course not..freaking NFL! They want 24.99 to go back and access this past season through July 31st, 2013. I love football, but I really resent the NFL's mizerly stance toward fans sometimes!

I hate having to buy for both, the NFL extorts fans. I pay 39$ canadian to watch it during the offseason, every year. Since i buy it during the season too should they not give me a discount or something.

I watched the condensed film, agree with most parts. Levitre will be missed, but was paid way too much in Free A.

Never was a fan of Fitz, Chan made some horrible play calls period.

Spiller better be the number 1 back next year, I still Love Jackson but we can also extend his career by not making him a feature back he is after all

over 31. Mario better play better, I was so excited when we got him but knew we had vastly overpaid for him,because alot of players dont want to play in Buffalo. I do not understand why. I would love to live in Buffalo, if I could stay employed in my chosen career.

I was so excited when we got him but knew we had vastly overpaid for him,because alot of players dont want to play in Buffalo. I do not understand why. I would love to live in Buffalo, if I could stay employed in my chosen career.

To the bolded, I'd love to move back but I followed all my family out to the West Coast. Someday hopefully I'll move back although the freaking taxes are a crime.

Anyways, I'm glad you said what you said. Have you ever lived in Buffalo or have you ever visited?

Just curious.

Wow, I would think California taxes would be nasty as well. No?

Real estate here is very expensive. But the tax rates are much lower than in Erie County.

Here's a property in San Jose which is listing for $550,000. The total taxes are $4532 per year.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2991-Davidwood-Way-San-Jose-CA-95148/19790937_zpid/

Here's a property in Williamsville which is listing for $389,400. The total taxes are $10,347.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/23-Deer-Run-Ct-Williamsville-NY-14221/30245590_zpid/