Can someone explain the Whaley faith to me?

FireChan

What first hand knowledge?

C'mon man, get a grip and stop defending one of the most cantankerous, notoriously frugal owners in the NFL.

He didn't want to give Knox a raise, couldn't reach an agreement with #1 overall pick Tom Cousineau, that difference was 20k. Or first round pick QB Jim Kelly who chose the USFL instead. Remember the line, "if I can't hire you, then I'll fire you. When Wilson fired GM John Butler.

Ralph Wilson canned the architect of his super bowl teams in Bill Polian. Arguably the very best GM the NFL has ever seen in its storied history. The constant fighting Polian had to do with Wilson and his lackeys (Jeff Littmen) over the price of free agents, player contracts, stadium improvements.This owner has been more concerned with his bottom line then he ever has with winning.

So why was Polian shown the door in Carolina and Indy?

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well considering Fitz was extended in 2011 and you became a member of our board in May of this year, I guess we'll have to take your word for it.

I lurked in threads long before I set up an account. So yeah, you'll have to take my word I suppose.

Well considering Fitz was extended in 2011 and you became a member of our board in May of this year, I guess we'll have to take your word for it.

Check out the big brain on SJBF, doing all sorts of research and stuff!!! ;)

I don't understand the guys who go, "Can't wait, this is gonna be Nix's last year and we'll have Whaley save this franchise." What has Whaley done, ever? Worked for a good team in a lower level position? Since when does that make a difference?

Nix may be incompetent. We may need a change at GM. But Bills' fans are the only fans who can talk themselves into changes that are more than likely just as bad. It seems like half the board agrees he's the second coming of Polian, when he's done nothing, ever.

How does that make any sense?

It's like the "Fire Edwards, Wannstedt is a defensive genius! He'll turn this defense around, he has experience on good teams!" phenomena all over again. We glorify these new guys and then hate them 2 years later when they aren't legendary. Happens to every player on the Bills, too. But, I digress.

Can someone explain why they think he'll be great if he calls the shots?

I cannot. I do know that Nix should be gone already.

Just let my cursor hover over his name and urethra! His vital information shows up.

Amazing isn't it Mr. September 2001?

edit: Actually I think the proper word is Eureka!

Doesn't mean he wasn't lurking. I know a few people who've been lurker-only for over a decade.

Considering that Whaley's been sitting behind a poor GM for over 3 years now, that should have been fired after last season, I don't have any faith. If he was really a special talent, another team would have signed him, or the Steelers would have kept him.

To be fair the Steelers really tried to keep him and the Bills have already extended him. That teams people think highly of him

Can someone explain why they think he'll be great if he calls the shots?

Because they are hard core Bills fans first, last, and always. He is apparently the next GM of the Bills therefore he is great until proven otherwise (at which point he is the sole reason for the teams bad performance and the next one is the great one).