Speculation that Jim Leonhard returns to The Bills and Pettine

Nanker

Look what I found in the dumpster!.....It seems to look okay....may still work....let's plug it in and give it a try.

:doh:

I used to dive and made thousands of dollars doing it (one time I was driving and saw a Scandinavian tulip lamp put it in my house and sold it for 1400$ when I moved), I also furnished 90% of my 3000 sq ft loft in Manhattan that way, if the right pieces fit together, it's good. My point, it's a bad metaphor.

I confess...my son and I used to check out people's castaways. My son ran into the house one dinnertime, looked at me excitedly and said, "Pachinko machine!" I left my newly-made Manhattan on the table and rushed for the door.

Leonhard is the pachinko machine.

Tomorrow's dumpster pickup could be a slightly-used Takeo.

Pettine has been known to like bringing in guys from his previous team to help teach his defensive system. For that reason, I'd be good with Leonhard.

Not to be a pain, but I would say Pettine hasn't been known for anything yet. That's why he wanted out. He was a defensive coach under a very strong defensive mind in Rex Ryan.

Leonhard....meh.

I remember watching clips of Hard Knocks and how much Ryan gushed about his on-field savvy. He was undrafted, but made the 2005 Bills squad. His career took off in Baltimore in 2008 under said-same toe-worshiper who brought him to the JESTS. After he popped a ganubie in 2012, he tried to hook on again with The Bills, but ended up in Denver.

Though not generally thought of as a great player, I remember from his time here, he had a certain following because he was gritty and tough. Signing this type of player is what's going to happen IMHO.

On like a MOFO???

QFT! :w00t:

I used to dive and made thousands of dollars doing it (one time I was driving and saw a Scandinavian tulip lamp put it in my house and sold it for 1400$ when I moved), I also furnished 90% of my 3000 sq ft loft in Manhattan that way, if the right pieces fit together, it's good. My point, it's a bad metaphor.

IF you owned a 3k square foot loft in Manhattan, you need not want, nor dive, for anything my friend. I agree that you can find some nice elements of the fringe decor variety in the trash....I wish we were at the stage (SF, NE, BAL, NYG, PIT, HOU, ATL) where a couple of smart end tables would make the place perfect BUT we need several load bearing studs right now because the house structure isn't finished.

JL plays with heart....I live in NYC too and am forced to watch the Jets more than I care to admit, and he was a guy that played with heart and levels above his talent.

Not to be a pain, but I would say Pettine hasn't been known for anything yet. That's why he wanted out. He was a defensive coach under a very strong defensive mind in Rex Ryan.

Leonhard....meh.

+1

People talk about this guy like he is Buddy Ryan with the Chicago Bears, he has never been a defensive coordinator prior.

I hope he turns out to be great but he has not done a thing yet. He could be the second coming of Wanny for all we know.

IF you owned a 3k square foot loft in Manhattan, you need not want, nor dive, for anything my friend. I agree that you can find some nice elements of the fringe decor variety in the trash....I wish we were at the stage (SF, NE, BAL, NYG, PIT, HOU, ATL) where a couple of smart end tables would make the place perfect BUT we need several load bearing studs right now because the house structure isn't finished.

JL plays with heart....I live in NYC too and am forced to watch the Jets more than I care to admit, and he was a guy that played with heart and levels above his talent.

I didn't own it but living there for almost 13 years was like owning it in some ways (I payed enough to pay off a decent mortgage but not the value of the place). I actually was evicted because the landlord decided to up the rent A LOT! when the New Museum announced they were going to build up the street (I fought it but he had very expensive lawyers, damn him).

My point with ( my own metaphor ) was that JL could have value in the right system (and that, especially in NYC but also to a lesser extent in Bflo. people throw away great stuff all the time, if you are lucky enough to look for it and find it and know it's value, I used to cruse the upper parts of Manhattan with the art moving truck which I drove for a living and realized I could pick stuff up all the time that way. It was like having 2 jobs that over lapped and one actually paid decent).

I hope this was pre-bedbugs.

Baby you're a Rich Man! I'm curious Bowery, what era was that 3000 sq ft loft? Do you regret selling it whenever you did?

I hear you on the "found stuff", but you must admit the trash to tulip lamp ratio is rather high in the dumpster.

+1

People talk about this guy like he is Buddy Ryan with the Chicago Bears, he has never been a defensive coordinator prior.

I hope he turns out to be great but he has not done a thing yet. He could be the second coming of Wanny for all we know.

to me, it's the unproven nature of pettine as a dc that intrigues me and has me very optimistic. it seems he will be doing everything in his power to put his players in position to succeed and will be very motivated to prove that he is more than the man in the shadow of some great defensive minds.

and as far as jim leonard goes, he could be a good depth/role player and veteran leader for this team. it would not make me giddy with excitement but i'd be on board with it.

I confess...my son and I used to check out people's castaways. My son ran into the house one dinnertime, looked at me excitedly and said, "Pachinko machine!" I left my newly-made Manhattan on the table and rushed for the door.

Leonhard is the pachinko machine.

Tomorrow's dumpster pickup could be a slightly-used Takeo.

Never say this site isn't educational. I now know what a pachinko machine is. Ganubie still eludes me, Urban Dictionary having let me down on that one.

Jim stopped in awhile back for a looksee. He was still on crutches if i recall correctly and we passed on him.

Not sure he is the guy , but a veteran presence would be nice for season or two till we see what Searcy can bring and whether A. Williams can play the postion

Never say this site isn't educational. I now know what a pachinko machine is. Ganubie still eludes me, Urban Dictionary having let me down on that one.

Just a Nankerism like circumdecision. Roughly equates to popping a nut (aka rupture), however in Jim's case it was his patella tendon. Can't run if your wheels are broken. Can't, well... can't _____ if your ganubie's broken. :lol: