CPAC Conference On Race

Actually, it's an apt analogy. Spot on even.

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much...

Which statement is the most likely to be true?

a). A skinny person is likely to be called fat by others.

b). Someone on the right politicallly is likely to be accused of racism by a liberal.

If you have been accused of being a racist so many times in your life that you have to attend a seminar titled "Are You Sick And Tired Of Being Called A Racist When You Know You’re Not One?" I got news for you. You ARE a racist.

Except for the fact that real racists..or real anybodys for that matter....aren't interested in attending a panel talking about being "sick and tired" of being called something they are. They might attend a panel to maybe change their behavior...or deal with being what they are. But a panel just to talk about being sick and tired of being accused of something then KNOW they are, with no end game or action item to it? Never. Nice try, though.

Edited by RkFast

Which statement is the most likely to be true?

a). A skinny person is likely to be called fat by others.

b). Someone on the right politicallly is likely to be accused of racism by a liberal.

Not the question you should be asking... the question you should ask is whether it's more likely that:

a) a skinny person who's called fat so many times he ends up going to a weight watchers meeting

or

b) a non-racist righty being called racist so many times he ends up going to a conference about how to prove you're not a racist.

Both are ridiculous. Which is the point of the joke. If you let others define you, then you've already lost.

Denying that there is a select group of GOPers that are motivated by racism is as silly as someone on the left denying there's a select group of Progressives who are waging class warfare against the wealthy. Doesn't mean everyone on the right is a racist nor everyone on the left a class warrior. In fact, I'd be willing to be the racism card can be played on both sides of the aisle as we've seen it many, many, many times from the left.

Hosting a seminar (especially one with such a ridiculously comic title that makes it easy for people to crack "you might be a redneck jokes") about it does not help the right's image on race -- especially when said seminar ends up devolving into a defense of slavery. It makes the right look bad and even more out of touch than they are. People don't casually throw around the racism card -- at least serious people don't. The ones who do casually throw it around are easily put in their place or easy to ignore. And serious people who are called racists when they are not know the difference between a blowhard regurgitating a talking point and someone who's sincerely accusing them of racism.

Of course you have a whole bunch of racists who think they're not racists at all... so the fence swings both ways.

Which is why, if you have been called a racist sooooooooooo many times that you feel compelled to attend a seminar about it, chances are you're doing something to cause that kind of rhetoric. Otherwise, you wouldn't care because "sticks and stones..."

Learn to laugh at the idiots. Even the ones on your team. It makes life easier.

Except for the fact that real racists..or real anybodys for that matter....aren't interested in attending a panel talking about being "sick and tired" of being called something they are. They might attend a panel to maybe change their behavior...or deal with being what they are. But a panel just to talk about being sick and tired of being accused of something then KNOW they are, with no end game or action item to it? Never. Nice try, though.

Sure. Your point would be valid if not for the video of the conference. Watch it and tell me that guy defending slavery is just misunderstood.

One of the best shows never to get a chance. Hilarious! Good find, B.

Not the question you should be asking... the question you should ask is whether it's more likely that:

a) a skinny person who's called fat so many times he ends up going to a weight watchers meeting

or

b) a non-racist righty being called racist so many times he ends up going to a conference about how to prove you're not a racist.

Both are ridiculous. Which is the point of the joke. If you let others define you, then you've already lost.

Denying that there is a select group of GOPers that are motivated by racism is as silly as someone on the left denying there's a select group of Progressives who are waging class warfare against the wealthy. Doesn't mean everyone on the right is a racist nor everyone on the left a class warrior. In fact, I'd be willing to be the racism card can be played on both sides of the aisle as we've seen it many, many, many times from the left.

Hosting a seminar (especially one with such a ridiculously comic title that makes it easy for people to crack "you might be a redneck jokes") about it does not help the right's image on race -- especially when said seminar ends up devolving into a defense of slavery. It makes the right look bad and even more out of touch than they are. People don't casually throw around the racism card -- at least serious people don't. The ones who do casually throw it around are easily put in their place or easy to ignore. And serious people who are called racists when they are not know the difference between a blowhard regurgitating a talking point and someone who's sincerely accusing them of racism.

Of course you have a whole bunch of racists who think they're not racists at all... so the fence swings both ways.

Which is why, if you have been called a racist sooooooooooo many times that you feel compelled to attend a seminar about it, chances are you're doing something to cause that kind of rhetoric. Otherwise, you wouldn't care because "sticks and stones..."

Learn to laugh at the idiots. Even the ones on your team. It makes life easier.

Sure. Your point would be valid if not for the video of the conference. Watch it and tell me that guy defending slavery is just misunderstood.

One of the best shows never to get a chance. Hilarious! Good find, B.

Congratulations, you've just completed a five mile run. Too bad it was on a circular path.

• 9 years later...
On 3/16/2013 at 1:44 PM, B-Man said:

Here's another moment at CPAC,

Video: Dr. Ben Carson at CPAC

I just got done watching Dr. Ben Carson speak at CPAC and among many thoughts, I wanted to share the first thing that came to mind when he was finished. If I were a Democrat, I’d be looking at this guy and saying, “That is the most dangerous man in the United States of America today.” Carson put on one heck of a demonstration in public speaking on conservative topics. Intelligent, with a smooth delivery and no apparent use of a teleprompter, Carson had the crowd alternately busting up laughing and coming to their feet for extended applause. His repeated use of the phrase, “It’s not brain surgery” when talking about how to fix the economy had everyone in stitches (he’s a neurosurgeon in case you didn’t know) and it never seemed to get old.

Is Carson a potential contender to the throne? Way, way, way too early to say, as he’s still very early on the scene. But there’s no doubt that whatever “it” is that top level politicians are supposed to have, he’s got it by the bucket load. Let’s go to the video and let you folks put in your own reviews. I should note that the actual remarks by Dr. Carson don’t begin until roughly 21 minutes into the video, as the introductions run rather long. (In case you want to fast forward to the meat of it.) But as a bonus, there is some sit-down interview footage of him after the speech.

Ben Carson is one of the smartest most common sense speaking people that i have ever heard . This is the kind of man the anyone could look up to & i would be proud to have him representing me in any capacity .

But then there are those that consider him as they say a uncle tom WTH those people just don't get it & are on the other side of the use of common/logical type sense .

• Haha (+1) 1

Trump easily wins Texas CPAC 2024 GOP presidential nomination straw poll; DeSantis second
Trump captured 69.1% of ballots cast, DeSantis received 23.7% in the anonymous CPAC straw poll

Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, who spoke Friday at the conference, grabbed 2% support on the straw poll ballot. No one else among the 21 names listed on the ballot topped one percent.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-wins-cpac-2024-gop-presidential-nomination-straw-poll-desantis-second

Can someone explain the rights fascination with Orban? Are they now just openly endorsing anti gay, no mixing of the races ideology? I mean WTF. This is America, the melting pot of the world. We’re not some homogeneous white European country that no one cares about.

• Like (+1) 1