Preliminary Mock - Any Changes Needed?

Astrobot

Drafttek's mock would send these players to the Bills tomorrow:

1 8 Buffalo Cordarrelle Patterson WRF Tennessee---- (Jarvis Jones)

2 41 Buffalo Matt Barkley QB USC-------------------------- (Tank Carradine, Jordan Poyer)

3 71 Buffalo Margus Hunt DE34 SMU------------------------(Terrance Williams, Jordan Reed, Tavarres King)

4 102 Buffalo Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati--------------------(E.J. Manuel, Dysert, Nassib)

5 136 Buffalo J.C. Tretter OG Cornell-------------------------(William Campbell, Jelani Jenkins, Zaviar Gooden)

6 167 Buffalo Kenjon Barner RBC Oregon-------------------(Dion Sims, Matt Scott, Braden Brown)

I have put the most-discussed player the Bills didn't take in parentheses. I'd go JJ in RD1 and Terrance Williams RD3. Matt Scott's stock is way up, and I'd expect the Bills to look at him earlier, even with one of the other QB's taken.

EJ-Dysert-Nassib falling to RD4 is the computer saying the demand is low for this crop of QBs compared to Big Uglies, TE, RB, CB.

I've talked with JC Tretter and his Dad, and they both really see the fit for J.C. in Buffalo. No OLB34 in these picks (my feeling is that Lawson in a 3-4 will pay big dividends).

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Vikes trade up to 8 and give us their 23rd, 25th, and 2nd round pick to get it. Then in my dream (hey back off it's my dream damit) we select EJ Manuel at 23, and then San Fran comes a calling for our 25th pick, and we get their 31st, and two second round picks. :)

With the 31st pick we grab best WR, LB, OG available, and use all of our second rounds picks 4 of them to fill all these spots.

Then I woke up.

Tim-

I agree I like EJ behind Geno and I think its pretty close. Love Kelce in the 4th. Think we will be taking another DB late in the draft. All that said if we can find someone willing to trade up I think this is a great year to gather more picks.

2 41 Buffalo Matt Barkley QB USC-------------------------- (Tank Carradine, Jordan Poyer)

3 71 Buffalo Margus Hunt DE34 SMU------------------------(Terrance Williams, Jordan Reed, Tavarres King)

4 102 Buffalo Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati--------------------(E.J. Manuel, Dysert, Nassib)

5 136 Buffalo J.C. Tretter OG Cornell-------------------------(William Campbell, Jelani Jenkins, Zaviar Gooden)

6 167 Buffalo Kenjon Barner RBC Oregon-------------------(Dion Sims, Matt Scott, Braden Brown)

I have put the most-discussed player the Bills didn't take in parentheses. I'd go JJ in RD1 and Terrance Williams RD3. Matt Scott's stock is way up, and I'd expect the Bills to look at him earlier, even with one of the other QB's taken.

EJ-Dysert-Nassib falling to RD4 is the computer saying the demand is low for this crop of QBs compared to Big Uglies, TE, RB, CB.

I've talked with JC Tretter and his Dad, and they both really see the fit for J.C. in Buffalo. No OLB34 in these picks (my feeling is that Lawson in a 3-4 will pay big dividends).

But you know EJ and Nassib will never slide that far right? B-)

I think the Vikes trade up to 8 and give us their 23rd, 25th, and 2nd round pick to get it. Then in my dream (hey back off it's my dream damit) we select EJ Manuel at 23, and then San Fran comes a calling for our 25th pick, and we get their 31st, and two second round picks. :)

With the 31st pick we grab best WR, LB, OG available, and use all of our second rounds picks 4 of them to fill all these spots.

Then I woke up.

Tim-

GO BACK TO SLEEP!! ;)

I do not believe there is any chance that Barkley lasts until our pick in Rd2. I could be wrong. I though the same about Cordy Glenn last year.

I think you should be putting Buffalo at 100% lock for QB in Rd1 no matter who is off the board before we pick. I really feel like there is no chance the Bils will select anything other than QB at 8.

I could be 100% wrong. It has happened before. But that is my opinion as of right now.

What would you think about:

#8 Jarvis Jones LB Georgia--------------My#8----YES.

#41 EJ Manuel QB FSU-------------------My #66--MAYBE. Tyler Wilson QB. or DeAndre Hopkins WR, Justin Hunter WR

#71 Justin Pugh T/G Syracuse----------My#98---NO. Take Margus Hunt DE34 or JC Tretter OG

#102 Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati--------My#62---GONE. Take Levine Toilolo TE or Jordan Reed TE or Tyrann Mathieu CB

#136 Nikell Robey CB USC---------------My#168-NO. You know he's 5'8" in shoes? Take Kiko Alonso ILB, Michael Williams TE, or Joseph Fauria TE

#167 Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas------My#119-GONE. Take Quinn Sharp P/K, DeVonte Holloman SS/LB, Sean Renfree QB Duke

Do you really think Barkley falls that far?

Trying. Trying really hard, very much trying to pay more attention to the draft this year. I think Oakland goes QB. I think this means Jordan could drop. If so Detroit could get him, and probably would. If he slips we have to get him. I tried to run the sim with Oakland locking in Geno. Barkley could be considered a steal in the 2nd round but I do not think he lasts and more importantly I do not think the FO will pull the trigger on him being the USC tradition of crap qB's.

They will select who they select. We can speculate all we want. End game, they do what they do. And...we support em. The folks making the decisions have forgotten more than ANYONE on an internet chat site will EVER know. Thats all I've got.

jb

I'll be furious if we take a bust WR at #8. But getting Barkley in the 2nd would keep me off the edge, though it could never happen. I also find it hard to believe that we'd come out of the draft without a single LB, or even a DB. Serously, that draft would be a total bomb unless Barkley becomes a top-10 QB.

It's a garbage mock on so many levels. The Bills are not going WR in the 1st. Barkley will be gone late first at the latest. EJ Manuel in the 4th. Even taking a RB at all...

I would scrap it and start over. Just one guy's opinion.

They will select who they select. We can speculate all we want. End game, they do what they do. And...we support em. The folks making the decisions have forgotten more than ANYONE on an internet chat site will EVER know. Thats all I've got.

jb

Just to introduce you and many others to our resident Astrobot, he is a valued member of this board who adds content and opens discussion about many draft related and roster related topics. Astro is a volunteer for the site DraftTek, a very thorough and entertaining website which does a lot of simulations. That he is allowed to post links to his site should say a lot, especially if you have noticed that links to almost any other site have been deterred, blocked or removed. Posters have also been banned. That Astro can post his link and promote his site should be a sign. The topics generate conversation and are thought provoking as well as informative.

Just to introduce you and many others to our resident Astrobot, he is a valued member of this board who adds content and opens discussion about many draft related and roster related topics. Astro is a volunteer for the site DraftTek, a very thorough and entertaining website which does a lot of simulations. That he is allowed to post links to his site should say a lot, especially if you have noticed that links to almost any other site have been deterred, blocked or removed. Posters have also been banned. That Astro can post his link and promote his site should be a sign. The topics generate conversation and are thought provoking as well as informative.

No no. Dont get me wrong. Astro is a huge asset here from what I've seen so far. He gives us mocks to chew on. As you say "thought provoking" stuff. Nuthin bad to say about him whatsoever.

Its the everyone "sucks" , "no" etc. crowd here that is hard to take. There are some some well schooled folks here. Quite a few. Love reading their takes. Unfortunately there are an equal amount that like to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing......... On a web site, behind a keyboard...where they are safe from injury.

Astro....do what you do. chopper.gif

jb

Edited by jaybee

What would you think about:

#8 Jarvis Jones LB Georgia

#41 EJ Manuel QB FSU

#71 Justin Pugh T/G Syracuse

#102 Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati

#136 Nikell Robey CB USC

#167 Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansass

This would be my ideal pick through round 4, don't know much about 5 and 6 rounds. My ideal though would be trade down with either Minnesota (2 pick) or San Fran(1st and early second). I love Jarvis Jones though, if there I think u have to take him. Geno and Barkley are gone before we pick.