Update: The Dreaded Tuck Rule is gone

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the stupidest rule ever!

......and the Raiders got jobbed...BAD. I would argue the crowd noise rule comes in a close 2nd. That'd be the one where the QB asks the ref to ask the crowd to be quiet, and if they dont a penalty is enforced. Elway used to abuse that rule back in the day as some of you may recall. You don't see this rule come into play anymore since the QB's have electronic junk in their helmet....and typically use silent counts on 3rd and long. I do believe its still a rule though.

jb

@RapSheet

Whoa: Tuck Rule is changing. If the passer loses control going forward it's still INC. If he loses ball while tucking, it's a fumble.

It's about damn time....long overdue. Raiders will agree I'm sure.

I never understood this stupid @ rule.

Tuck is another word for securing the ball. If you are on your way to secure the ball, if you get popped, it should be a fumble. Why should you be allowed to tuck (or secure), the ball in the first place?

Hey qb, are you done tucking? Why do you ask? I have to wait till you finish tucking. Otherwise all my hard work will result in an incomplete pass. So are you done tucking? Yes. Can I hit you now? No. Why not? Because as you were waiting for me to tuck the ball, I passed it. See look at the scoreboard. It changed by +6 more.

WtFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF All one bad word.

If you get to see the playback of that play EVEN BRADY KNEW HE BLEW IT. That was so clear it was a fumble. Gosh.......

Of course he would... he's a dick.

Very well said.

But kraft is more of an A-circle to me than just a dick.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

My car ride wasn't that long.

Anyway, you disputed "many" by saying only happens 1-2 times a season. I was offering that it happened 3 times in one week. It's not a dispute, really. I assumed you already had the answer those questions you are asking me when you concluded it only happened 1-2 times a season.

Actually I don't now WEO.

The one thing I do know is that I watch a shyt load of NFL football and that the tuck rule is very seldom seen.

I would be very surprised if it came up an average of more than 3 times per season.

Actually I don't now WEO.

The one thing I do know is that I watch a shyt load of NFL football and that the tuck rule is very seldom seen.

I would be very surprised if it came up an average of more than 3 times per season.

I'v seen it in a couple bills games these past few seasons...